Loving this No SIA tournament!

I can’t describe the relief I feel when my creature is around 1000-1500 health and I don’t have to be afraid of a stupid swap in damage! I know we had a tourney kind of like that a few weeks ago (no stuns), but I think the fact that we don’t have Argenteyx in this one makes it more special, lol. And the absence of swap in distraction helps too. Someone might say it’s worse to have less options and less ways to escape a bad matchup, but I haven’t had problems with that and I’m actually seeing more variety than usual… I faced about 10 or so creatures that I’m not using but could perfectly work on my team (as they worked well against me). The fact that we can actually plan a strategy and make it work without random surprise attacks or unbeatable flocks is awesome, at least for me. Takes me back to simpler days…

5 Likes

same here, but could use less Coelhaast in this tournament

also the lack of Eremoceros is admittedly a little strange.

6 Likes

I would argue the previous version of the arena (before the proliferation of swap in bombs) was significantly better and required more skill. Having to think your way out of bad match-ups was the test of legitimacy and status effects mattered. I almost wish I was still playing to get a taste of that feeling you get when you plan your way out of a situation instead of swapping in, landing a stun and suffering 0 consequence.

3 Likes

Precisely.

It’s nice, but for me, Mammotherium is becoming a nuisance more than even Coelhaast is. I’ve been winning some matches 3-0 using it, and my opponents the same. I don’t think Mammotherium should be able to wipe the floor with so many dinos.

3 Likes

Nerf Mammotherium!

1 Like

Well, NOW i Don’t Understand, WHY PPL HATE SIAs??

ITS FINE

1 Like

Really the only two that stand out too much are mammotherium and coelhaast but other than that I think the tournament is pretty fun

1 Like

Without swap-ins, its actually a skill tournament. I love that i don’t have to worry creatures with the swap in mechanic taking out my lower health creatures. I actually get to enjoy the tournament for once using actual skill.

8 Likes

Is this sarcasm, it feels like sarcasm. SiAs drastically reduces the need for planning and skill. You ise to slow a dino knowing youd die but your next guy in hits like a truck so them swapping out was too big a risk, a dino on its last leg could be a hero… now its juat anticipating the swap, thats not skill

1 Like

Thats why, predict with somethin like Titanoboa, or anything with proper on escape…

MORE STRAT THAN REGULAR BATTLES

(and no, this and the prev post was not sarcasm, I like SIAs and the way it is in the game, adds variety)

2 Likes

This tourney is the best we’ve had in a while. Lots of diversity

2 Likes

it’s way too cheap and cheesy to get a kill with a swap in

2 Likes

Because you can use your Dinos to their full potential, instead of them being death fodder at 1.5k hp

2 Likes

#1 titanoboa only hits the opponent on swap. It doesn’t prevent it.
#2 going for reads is risky, especially in tourneys, as you can face people from many different arenas. The lower arena peeps tend to not swap as much, making it harder to get the read.

2 Likes

Ok ig…
my opinion is just…

I love SIAs…

and OEs…

1 Like

I’m really enjoying this tournament actually. I actually have more trouble with Eremoceros and Rinchicyon than with Coelhaast, because Coel can’t swap into anything without being punished. Nothing can be considered overpowered in the tournament, which is really nice.

Edit: This post was made before I lost 5 battles in a row. It was fun while it lasted I guess :expressionless:

3 Likes

There’s only one eternal stupidity that no tournament rule can fix and it ruins this tournament just as it ruins all skill tournaments for me: SPEEDTIES…I got lucky that I wasn’t getting many of them until yesterday… Now I am, so it’s over for me.

1 Like

After the tournament I think we can all agree that Carnotarkus speed ties are one of the most stressful things in the game :rofl:

1 Like

It’s less about strategies and more about a guessing game. You look like a fool if you think someone is going to use a Rat and they don’t and you cost yourself the match because of it.

Rats have ruined the game and its why I barely play anymore.

Its not really right (or cool IMO) for you to be scared if your creature is below 40% health. Thats a massive chunk of health for any creature. Not to mention Rats have priority. :person_facepalming:t2:‍:female_sign:

Its not fun, swap in damage has killed the game imo

5 Likes