Ludia Forums

Ludia it's time to nerf the flocks

Ludia as a JWA player goes through times since the first patches for the time that the Stegodeus was one to kill, past the time of the Monomimus it was invincible, I was in the time of the Thoradolosaur
And I have survived the time of the Dracoceraptops.
Now you bring us the flocks of those little dinosaurs and I like the idea but you have abused giving it a lot and I say a lot of advantage both in pvp or in tournaments
Now there are flock dinosaurs that I am extremely strong for tournament and the problem is time since your game does not have a time limit for a duel for example having a limiter
. If a 5 minute limit per combat and implement it in tournaments because one thing is to fight with a flock creature and another is to fight with 3 flock creatures.
If a creature already has damage evasion abilities it is already an abuse that I have more than 1 damage avoidance ability and very punishing to reduce the opponent’s damage since ferocious creatures
Ferocious can’t remove this debuff, and ferocious creatures don’t have abilities that remove evasion. If the Argenteriyx already has 2 evade abilities.
And on top of that it is cured by passive passive ability it is a pain in the ass and boring having to play against other Argenteriyx, Compy, and other flock creatures. Or evade damage or reduce damage choose Ludia
But these two skills together is already an abuse and that he has other damage evasion skills on top.

Solution or create precise group hits for ferocious creatures. At least you hit through evasion but because of the damage reduction the annoying flock creature doesn’t die from a bite.

The combat lasted longer like 7 minutes exchanging and abusing the flock creatures’ passive healing ability.

4 Likes

The absorb mechanic needs to go. The fact that they gave flocks a ton of healing/rally moves just so you have a different healing mechanic in raids when no 1 uses flocks in raiding besides the optional raid for fun ones is stupid since its almost everything else in pvp taking the fall for this stupidly oversighted exploitable mechanic. As much as id like to add compc in my team mostly for its looks i still personally think flocks in general is responsible for the majority of the recent powercreep across all (mostly lower) rarities which is very stupid and dumb.

1 Like

That would defeat the purpose of there being multiple creatures in a flock and give group moves no purpose in normal pvp. Then flock creatures just become like everything else with nothing special about them.

5 Likes

Yep . Also flocks aren’t really that hard to defeat . If you don’t have an group attacker the three best options are use faster creatures,tanks, counter attacks, or dot

Without healing flocks would be too easy to defeat and some creatures like dodo actually need them since they have sacrifice moves

1 Like

Yeah, there isn’t s single flock creature resistant to DoT for a reason

2 Likes

And dot somehow can take out flocks at once (if they’re effected by multiple dot abbilities)

1 Like

Other than Argenteryx for having insane sustainability (which seems to be getting nerfed a bit in the next update), I think flocks in general are fine. It would just be nice to get more group attacks to counter them.

2 Likes

Not much of a nerf as Fearless Alert will be precise so Argenteryx now can bypass Cautious Strike and Coelhaast has three precise moves. I’m not even kidding

No the nerf is that it won’t become threatened until 1/3 hp instead of 2/3 (the same as Coelhaast), which is a big deal. I don’t care about it being precise if they can’t heal back to full constantly.

4 Likes

If a mechanic makes a majority of the (lower rarity) roster obsolete there’s probably a problem. No other creatures have done that besides flocks with absorb requiring their counters to either have group or resilient moves none of which the lower rarities have a combination of both. Its a massive oversight that shouldve been addressed way on earlier before we had abominations like Argent making tourneys unbearable. Either you nerf a flock mechanic (either absorb or if you want the rally heals because no 1 uses them for the intended raid use regularly) or you buff the majority of the (lower end) roster to deal with the current situation and the former looks easier to implement

1 Like

The inconsistency is also a problem. Dodo and Cevia are the only flock atm w a really risk move w major consequence (the big hit). Every other flock has an alert that just lessens the positive effect of the move and not a major negative trade off. The heals shouldnt be spammable just for the sake of ludia making healing flocks in raids their own thing when they get barely used since everyone wants a quick raid now and then

If you mean cunning by faster the lower end rarities only have indog2 and velosrhacos and rhacos has terrible hp incase of bad rng. Tanks w high hp aint doing anything if there moves barely scratch flocks which they should counter since they need a group resilient move and every tank in the lower rarities only have a separate move per case, allowing the match to prolong and get that heal cooldown back to usage. A majority of flocks can cleanse dot primarily w cunning strike. Constrictor is the only reliable bleeder atm. And if were talking abt class rock paper scissors resilients and cunnings should be the primary counters but only a tiny amount of creatures actually work and they aint even that reliable most cases when flocks have fancy on escapes that synergy with things like rhino to take out that counter (you can’t swap freely bc the on escape is consequential) then bring in that flock again and spam heal

yes definitely

only way to counter flocks in the lower rarities

is with group abilities or resilient moves

And the only reliable bleeder

Is spinoconstrictor

100%

Yes which is why Dot which is arguable the most affective way to take out a flock creature is a FIERCE ability.

Suchotator and Thylacotator are great counters for almost every flock creature. They’re also pretty fun to use, are quite easy to make, and aren’t broken. So If you’re having trouble with flocks I’d suggest using one of them. Brontolasmus is also pretty good at taking down flock creatures along with being pretty tanky and can deal quite a bit of damage to other creatures too.

Brontolasmus

1 Like

Not everyone is stupid enough to let their op flock bleed to death when every single one of those bleeders dont have an on escape
Tournaments are our topic here which is why things like skoona and spino are mostly left out
You can’t use thyla and sucho when legendaries are your only options
You can’t use thyla or lasmus when non hybrids are your only options
You cannot swap out using any of your examples without major consequences all the flocks can swap whenever your counter is at swap range
The fact that most of these matchups leave your bleeder near death is not a good sign that minimal rng can screw things up
Those are not objectively good enough examples
Show me a matchup that isn’t a close call doesn’t factor probable rng and doesn’t involve fear of a swap in

1 Like

Just when Ludia tries to make Resilient less dominant in the meta, flocks require us to stack teams with Resilient again. And Fierce can’t be used to counter Resilient because they are free kills for flocks. Now we end up with only tank vs flock teams. :sleeping:

I think it’s time to add more Resilient group moves which will be nerf to flocks.

Other thing is, the damage should reduce according to the flock members standing. The damage 3 of them dealing is same as one.

Their 1st attempt was parasaurtops’ rampage
And look what buggy mess that move is

Well, it’s Lydia.