Ludia Forums

Ludia, would you consider doing a special event for Chinese New Year?

Dear ludia,

You have done special events for Thanksgiving and Christmas, also free bucks for New Years Day. Those are the big holidays in the West.

Chinese New Year / Lunar New Year / Spring Festival is the biggest festival in the East. It is celebrated across Asia, not just mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Would you consider doing a special event for it?

I notice that boosted supply drop event and the tournament both end on Feb 4th, which is the Chinese New Year Eve, it would be nice there is a special event right after to celebrate the CNY!

Thanks!

P.S even just a one day event or free bucks/coins on the day would be great! It means a lot to us players in the East and the recognition would much be appreciated. Thanks!

25 Likes
Event dinos

Maybe they could make the supply drops into paper lanterns? I thought the presents were adorable. I know it’s unlikely but who knows?

12 Likes

That would be lovely! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love so, but this game hasn’t reached out to Chinese market so far as i know. Am very dubious will Ludia be able to perceive that as an opportunity :thinking:

2 Likes

Well the thing is, CNY is celebrated throughout most Asian countries, not just China. It’s the biggest festival of the year in Asia. I know there are many players from Asia and it’s really nice if ludia can pay some attention to us. Haha

1 Like

Great idea! Even in my country Peru CNY is celebrated with dragons and parades

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: Awww, that would be cool! And you aren’t really asking for much. :blush:

5 Likes

Really? That’s awesome! I wanna visit Peru.

I know a lot of cities have Chinatown and they celebrate CNY every year! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe those dinosaurs found in Asia could be more frequent that day too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

New highly powered common lystrosaurus for year of the pig?

I was in Shanghai China for 5 days Sept 2018 and no JWA dinos or strike towers. All I could do was collect supply drops and battle PvP. PRC has strict governmental restrictions on Internet use in the country I guess.

1 Like

It all depends on how much profit they can squeeze out of it.

You mean Taiwan right? Some Taiwan players cheat does not mean the rest of Asian players cheat as well.

Don’t be rude to the rest of us. Be civil. Respect our holiday.

3 Likes

I already said in the post, Chinese New Year is NOT just celebrated in China, It is a big holiday in Asia. It does not matter if the game can be played in China or not. There are still many other players in Asia.

Quote:

Chinese New Year is one of the world’s most prominent and celebrated festivals, and is the cause of the largest annual mass human migration in the world. It is a major holiday in Greater China and has strongly influenced the lunar new year celebrations of China’s neighbouring cultures, including the Korean New Year (seol), the Tết of Vietnam, and the Losar of Tibet. It is also celebrated worldwide in countries with significant Overseas Chinese populations, these including Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, the Philippines[6] and Mauritius,[7] as well as many countries in North America and Europe.

2 Likes

And South America as well. At least Peru… Not sure if Brazil as well.

1 Like

I was joking… but i was serious in if going by the leader board Id say a large part of their income is from Taiwan… and theirfore they should do something for Chinese new year.

1 Like

I like the idea. I’m in for it!

It would be also pretty nice if they did an Asian featured creature event, like with Velociraptor, Tuojiangosaurus, Wuerhosaurus, Tarbosaurus… Gallimimus… Dilophosaurus… Sinoceratops. Ummm… I’m thinking what else is Asian dinosaur.

Rajasaurus!

There are probably a couple more, but those are the ones I can remember from the top of my head

4 Likes

Excellent idea! That would be so much fun!

It seems that more dinosaurs have been found in Asia than any other continent so far!

We deserve a special Asian dinosaurs week! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I mean, not wanting to dismiss Asian paleontological findings, but given Asia is the biggest continent, that’s a given it has the most fossils.

Not to mention, Laurasia in particular had a rich ecosystem as well. So there is that.

Now that I think about it, continent-themed events could be quite fun.

My implied point was Ludia doesn’t have the JWA game in People’s Republic of China (mainly due to the geolocation coding being tied to the standard Google Maps feed which PRC does not permit within their borders). So the Asian Market; which is huge; doesn’t include the PRC. I haven’t been to Hong Kong with JWA yet; so I don’t know if that area is included or not. As you can see with my suggestion for a special dinosaur to be introduced for the year of the pig; I fully support the world’s most celebrated holiday!

1 Like