Ludia Forums

Magna or Gemini for 8th spot?

Working on the unique version of my starters, thinking of replacing purlyth with either magna or gemini, what do you think? I have also already created thor and stygidaryx but not in love with either of them.

1 Like

I think Geminititan would help. Also, maybe replace Mammotherium with Thor

1 Like

Thanks. Planning to turn my legendary into uniques so going to take mammotherium to mammolania. I’ve always enjoyed the tanks creatures in the game

1 Like

Gemini should be the right move.
I dont like dracoceratosaurus, it is just a worse version off his little legendary brother.

This is perhaps a bit personal, but dont force yourself into the smilonemys trap… mine is 30 full boosted and most of the time she is just meh.
(Nemys got nerfed like 4 times in a row)

Rest of your team looks solid.
Dont force yourself to hard for now. Try to have patience. Ludia announct a (big) rebalancing, it could take a few more months, but this should shake up things quite heavy (hopefully).

1 Like

Yeah I was afraid of that to an extent, but I just like the dino and the swap out to draco is explosive

Imo smilonemys is one of if not the most underrated unique in the game. However, it’s in 5 of the top 10 teams, check it if you don’t believe me. It works so well in the current meta because of R&R, it can distract, slow, shield, cleanse and has 50% armor. It counters most things and runs from less favourable matchups. When paired with a swapper it breaks the game. I think it’s only grypo and the unique bleeders that really beats it

1 Like

If I were you I would go tenrex smilonemys mrhino mammolania dio grypo gem and magna

1 Like

My Mammolania, and Diorajasaur would beg to differ on that last part.

1 Like

I would honestly put them both in there. Geminititan is an excellent Resilient on its own, and Magnapyritor is going to be your best friend against the monster/nitro Thors you’ll inevitably come up against.

But as for who Gemini should replace, it’s probably best to swap out Rajankylo. The Mammotherium at least has a decent damage output even without Persistent Ferocity Strike, and it can shield and heal itself.

1 Like

Thats why I said it can run from unfavourable matchups, with mammolania its really a slow game so its up to smilonemys to decide whether to run or not. With dio since it doesnt have stun resistance smilo can swap in stun and finish it off or if they’re both in then smilo can run with a swap in stunner up next
but of course these arent the ideal matchups for smilo, just saying it wont be too hard for smilo because of its run move, unlike grypo or bleeders who locks it most of the time

1 Like