Ludia Forums

Makes no sense that a disarmed

character can retaliate when hit.

1 Like

I also never understood how a disarmed toon could counter attack. Poor choice of wording I guess. But it also makes Stun unique so that could have been the thought process. It would stand to reason that if Disarm only effects the normal attack action and not the ability to counter attack that, with Disarm being quite weaker than stun, could it be changed to Not fall under the heroic resistance mechanic? It’s bad enough that disarm does nothing to counter attack. Feels worse when it gets resisted. Esp the disarm abilities that do no damage and also get resisted are fully wasted actions… like Tommus rare disarm or Nayelli’s rare disarm… but let’s face it Logic and abilities that make sense aren’t very prevalent in WoWD.

1 Like

In D &D, a disarmed player’s weapon is knocked out of their hands, hence disarmed and cannot attack. This would apply to retaliation too.

1 Like

I get your point for sure. It is poor wording for the ability. But if disarm did the same thing as stun than what would be the point of having them be 2 different abilities. It sucks that disarm works the way it does but if you want to stop counter attacks use stun :man_shrugging:

If stun were available to every character and I could use our in every situation I would.

1 Like