Map goes blank after darting

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description:

After several dating attempts, the number varies, the screen goes blank of creatures, drops and sanctuaries.

Screenshot_20200318-210157_JW Alive

Area is was found in:

Main map.

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- play and dart.
Step 2 -
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen:

The number of darting attempts varies. It has happened after as few as 2 or up to about 7.

What type of device are you using:

Samsung Galaxy S10

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)

3 Likes

Also, if I use a scent the summoned creatures still appear.

I’m sorry this is happening, Colin_Goodman. Our team is currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, restarting your game should bring back the map points.

1 Like

Restarting does reset. I figured better to make a proper post about the situation.

1 Like

yup same. its pretty annoying.

1 Like

I think all you need to do is just icon the game down and bring it back up. You don’t have to kill and restart the game. Even this is still annoying that we have to do this.

3 Likes

I’ll try that next time it happens.

I’ve tried that. When I get back in I get double layered supply drops, dinos with 2 heads, and a bug that says I can’t interact with sancs at the moment. While doing it your way does bring the map back, I get a whole other bunch of weird looking glitches so I just close the app and go back in…

1 Like

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description: EVERY time I dart any creature that is rated above “Common,” when I am returned to the map there are no creatures, no strike towers, no supply drops, no treasure boxes, NOTHING. The only fix so far is to force-quit the app, turn my phone off & back on, and restart the app.

Area is was found in: Entire map regardless of location.

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- Tap on any creature on the map to fire darts at.
Step 2 - The bug consistently recurs on its own for any creature that is not “Common”
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: Every time for any non-Common creature.

What type of device are you using: iPhone 6S, latest iOS update.

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)

5 Likes

Thank goodness, I thought it was just me. I hate the idea that I have to reset the game EVERY. TIME. I. DART. Only scent spawns continue to be shown.

2 Likes

Same problem. Have to quit game and come back. Samsung Galaxy S10+ here.

Tried updating phone with latest software and reinstalling Jurassic app, but no luck. As stated, after darting map goes blank. No dinosaurs, supply drops, etc…

1 Like

Yeah freaking annoying. Happens from time to time but since the update it’s pretty frequent. Minimizing the app and opening again seems to establish a new connection but we shouldn’t have to do all that.

1 Like

Same here. It is by no means new, but way more frequent.

1 Like

It seems to only happen when I’m at home and just clearing dinos without moving. No biggie. The suggestion of minimizing the app worked.

Yep me to every time, have to restart the game to reset everything.

This is constantly happening to me too on a Moto G8+

hi it happens to me mostly when using the giga scent ! on the 3 hour session i est i have to log back in over 20 times on average, the scent dinos always appear but nothing else on map no supply drops or anything other than the scent dinos !! i use an iphone 9 plus this has only happened since the latest update many thanks Andy

Has been happening to me many times a day since the rollout of 1.13.

Very annoying indeed!

Happens to me too on my iphone8. It used to be only occasionally but since the last update it happens almost every time.

Oh good, just what I was looking for.

This happens to me about every ten minutes of playing, or every five dinos. Usually it’s darting that does it. Once I’m finished darting a creature, when the map reopens, it’s empty. Occasionally, if I’m in alliance chat or sanctuaries, when I swap back to my map, it will do the same thing. Scent cap dinos still spawn, which is nice, but they’re all I can interact with.

Edit: Since I was tired of restarting the game repeatedly, I tried the recommended solution above of swapping apps, then returning to JWA. It seems to have temporarily fixed the problem.

1 Like