Map improvements needed

I get that this game isn’t designed for walking players like me, but the current map issues seem to be affecting nearly everyone. The suggestions below are nothing new but bear repeating until the issues are addressed.

1. We need more bosses on the map – or we need other ways to access them. From my house today, I can see 2 Morty in the distance out of range and 1 Indo way on the fringes. No Pyrri or Erliko.

2. The event towers have always been hit or miss, but the distribution seems to be getting steadily worse for me. I can see 60 towers from my house right now, with only 5 green. And those 5 event towers are in different directions, all so far away I can’t see what dinos are there.

These distributions would be problematic even in normal times, but we are also still in a global pandemic.

These map issues were raised in the recent open letter from Gamepress but were not addressed in Ludia’s reply.

3 Likes

We need more bosses on the map – or we need other ways to access them. From my house today, I can see 2 Morty in the distance out of range and 1 Indo way on the fringes. No Pyrri or Erliko. True I have not been In range to erlikogamma pyri indo gorge mortem cera pretty much all bosses

I agree that Strike Towers are not always distributed very well. I had to drive nearly two miles one evening to find one that was very sparsely distributed.

Even today, the Blue Snowy Strike Tower has been out of range every place I stopped.

This time of year is even worse as it’s dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home from work. I’m not worried about Covid but to walk the streets in my very poorly lit, dark neighborhood is very dangerous after dark. The people in the neighborhood are fine but drivers around here are terrible (speed limits and stop signs mean very little and the cops in this area aren’t overly concerned about enforcing road rules and catching people for driving infractions). I even had to quit riding a bicycle around here due to nearly being hit by non-attentive drivers multiple times.

Can’t even go to the park to walk around after dark because city and county parks are closed after sunset and you can be arrested for being in one after dark.

I don’t mind walking a couple hundred feet from my front door to get in range of something, but many times my missing Strike towers are a half mile away and sometimes even further. I’ve passed up many because they are too far out of range or they weren’t in visible range and I didn’t knowi was missing them until the next morning when I arrived at work and could see one on the map (still out of range).

For me the draw of JWA was that it was playable outside cities, unlike PoGo. What’s been happening lately with event distribution has been changing my initial impression of JWA. And that’s without taking current events into account.