Map Troubles

I swear I am never able to click on the creatures that matter. It’s always paraurlophus lux and smilodon. Not sure if it’s the size or just the map glitching, but it def is slower than it used to be. I hope it’s fixed this update. It’s fine without moving, but in the car it’s not as good and I remember that was the thing it had over Pokémon go.

2 Likes

We’ve been asking to fix map lag for over a year now. With each update it gets worse. But fixing the map doesn’t make the quick dollar. And om gosh how horrible it is to use a 3rd party map. One that might actually work. No, that makes you a cheater. If everyone would stop chasing the new dinos every update, maybe they would get the hint.

5 Likes

Yep, map is pretty much unusable if moving at all. Been like that for a while. It’s a known issue. Maybe some day it will be fixed :thinking::man_shrugging:

Oh perfect! Now there are additional fire animations to render on top of the new event supply drops for the ‘summer games’ event.

I’m sure that will help with map performance issues. :roll_eyes::woozy_face::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Google Maps is ending their support for gaming in December, and the release notes for 2.17 don’t mention any bug fixes or improvements in game performance (like the map lag). Call me pessimistic, but this makes me wonder if Ludia doesn’t have a plan for the ending of Google Maps support so they’re going to try to make as much money as they can before the game is shut down. Why fix the map lag if the game will be gone in a few months, right?

I sincerely hope I’m wrong. I’ve played this game since the day it was released, and as a Jurassic Park/World movie fan I really enjoy it.

3 Likes