Ludia Forums

Matchmaking Fixes: Test of Might Dec 13, 2019

Dropped a rank, bots didn’t change. Still level 19 followed by 20 if I win. Picking up a lot more player matches though.

Based on my understanding, the current system is designed so that dropping your trophy count artificially does not matter because your event MMR is based on your highest trophy count this season (see the first bullet point in the opening post).

2 Likes

Ahhhhh hahahaha. So I tried out Test of Might. Got matched up with 3 people I had zero chance of winning against even on a good day. 30 gem refresh. Yeah, think I’ll go back to challenges where the cost is reasonable and the rewards are better.

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts. Unfortunately, what I am experiencing is different. I am battling well equipped level 16 bots while on an extended loosing streak in the bottom league. Comparing my experience to your post It seems there must be a secondary factor involved in bot generation. I suspect is renown or hero level.

Even though the factor(s) resulting in me facing superior bots in relation to some of my peers are likely something I cannot alter. (ie. I cannot decrease my renown or hero levels), it would put my mind at ease to know why it is so, and might assist other players in avoiding my fate.

Unfortunately, the developers or support staff seem unwilling to reply.

Are you sure this is 100% working? I fought against someone who has +2 levels compared to my characters and he already won 5 times. Double check your rating formula.

Edit: just fought him again just now.

Edit edit: And again.

Jon, Ned,

Thanks for your ongoing updates.

I’m hoping I can get some assistance with an issue related to the recent correction you made to your post. Until the recent update, in the lowest league, I have properly been matched against equitable bots and comparable players. The players were always within 200 trophies of me.

Unfortunately, I have come to I understand the bots I am facing exceed those of many of my counterparts and I am being matched against human opponents that exceed my current trophy count by more than 300 trophies.

The following correction to your post indicates matchmaking is to be based upon current trophy counts.

Below is a photo of my most recent ToM match. This was my 5th and final ToM match. Prior to this I had won two and lost two.

My opponent’s current trophy count exceeded mine by more than 300 trophies. It does not appear match-making is being arrived at using current trophy counts.

Has the match-making range expanded to account for this or is there something else influencing the match-ups.

I’m also not seeing a decrease in my MMR when I’m losing battles.

Can the engineers check to see if the MAX battle season rank to set Test of Might MMR be cross contaminating with MAX Test of Might MMR?

The other thing to look at is to see if Trophies are being added based on Test of Might MMR or battle MMR.

The other thing to consider is that the current algorithm for gaining/losing trophies is counter productive for player progress: more trophies makes the mode harder.

For example, assuming if trophy gain/loss works like in regular battles, then if you keep matching against a much stronger player, you’ll continue to be matched against them because your trophy counts will just change by 10, creating a 20 trophy differential. You’d need to play and lose 5-10 games straight to get out of their matchmaking range.

I’d much rather see a flat 30 or inverted algorithm so that the wider the gap in MMR, the more points you lose so you get pushed to the correct MMR much quicker.

1 Like

To be clear my bot testing is in normal pvp. ToM isn’t a concern of mine as it’s only a 2 day event. I’m testing normal pvp bots trying to come up with a strategy that doesn’t involve taking 2-3 hours to do daily pvp chests. I dropped all the way down to burntbone league just now. Bots didn’t change with leagues. Here is first bot generated after starting my rise back up the trophy ladder. I did get 3 out 4 of my highest levels and won the match. The only thing that did changed was getting more player matches the lower I went. Although most of those matches left the other guy wondering what he did to deserve the match making. So the lesson learned is tank all trophies at end of season. To start at 0 and work up. Or live with the stupidity of 3 hours to get 40 kills scratched out on base level 19 bots that jump to 20 first win. Wait time is the most frustrating part of it.

1 Like

Well fought 3 matches, was crushed in all 3 matches, exactly like before. Amazing job with the “fixes” lol…good grief.

1 Like

I read every post in the forum, must have just skipped over the first one :frowning:

Oh well makes for some easier battles to get my arena chests :wink:

My highest this season is my starting rank 2750 , making me burntbone league, I dropped to arena 7 yesterday - when I enter event it says arena 7

Having said that 2nd match bots 3 levels higher, killed by the old 3 vs 1 cleric cheat

Hi,

Reposted here upon suggestion –

Hmmmm, I was all gung ho for this.

I am level 9 to 12 with 2153 PVP score. Moving up a bit! Something is still fishy here. I thought with new “pvp ranks” this could not happen?

Battle one. Opp consisted of 14 Mage, 17 Priest, 15 Rogue and Bard – Mage one shot me

Battle two. Opp consisted of 13 Rogue and Jarl - 16 Barbarian and Fighter. Barbarian 1 shot me round 2

Battle Three - Opp consisted of all level 14 - Barbarian, Bard, Lock, Ranger – At lease I died in fire.

Also, one opp had a PVP score of 2630? What am I not understanding??

1 Like

I fought you recently - think I thought u were a bot as I got 3 or 4 in a row (different teams) at 3000 trophy count :wink:

I’m testing it now - dropping back to arena 6

I think they missed a patch as my highest trophy count is from LAST season. To be specific, In this new season I have not achieved a trophy count as high as what is showing in my profile. The trophy number is from last season, not since the reset.

I suppose I’m seeing arena 7 because everything above that is treated the same in regards to rewards

@wise1_forsure I could be completely wrong but I think when that was first posted the season had not reset yet so it would be the last season if you are looking at it today. Like I said I could be completely wrong though

I just dropped to arena 6 and when I entered event it said arena 6

Enemy was within 300 on new arena score but then again they were also within 300 of this season high - might have to drop a bit lower :wink:

Of course still got cheated in 3 v 1 cleric - my Naomlen got 3 triple attacks never gets less than a few thousand damage, got 600 ish on all of them :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok dropped to 2076 in arena, opponent was 2760 ish - high current season 2750 so not definitely basing on arena - they got that right :wink:

Strangely though says arena 6 when entering event which should irrelevant as it’s all being based on my season score which is 7+

It would be this season as I got to 3000 last season and my lowest opponent in event was 2400ish which is within 300 of current season high of 2750

Jon,

I don’t mind the prizes I got for Test of Might but I’m confused by the statement the higher you are, the higher the chest rewards. I ended up in the top arena last season, third place overall. The chests I got were the 3 hour, 12 hour and 18 hour. So maybe arena less was 3 hr, 8hr, 12 hr? And then below that was 3 hr, 3 hr, 8 hr? And what would the lowest arena be all 3 hr chests? It just doesn’t seem to make sense that I wouldn’t have gotten a 24 hour chest.

ToM is all over the place. In labyrinth league now and was at start of ToM. I just faced jimbolia twice, followed by standingwarrior then an all level 10 team. Although the level 10 team was one of those ultra geared up legendaries. Just not leveling characters. Trophy count still lowered from dropping to test bots. In other words different day same old broken game. It was a nice break from bots, but clearly rigged matching.