Ludia Forums

Maxima needs a buff

Maxima needs a buff now since it has been reduced to a gecko. Plus needs its armor back

22 Likes

Reduce TSR cooldown to 1 turn again.
Give 10% armor.
Done.

13 Likes

30% armor instead

2 Likes

Honestly 10% is fine, that’s what Brachiosaurus has. And it’s still enough to keep Magna from killing it in two hits.

9 Likes

Indeed

5500-5700 HP
TSR back to one cooldown
10% armor
33% distraction resistance (but remove swap prevention resistance)

5 Likes

Even without the HP buff, reverting the unnecessary TSR nerf and giving it armor would help a lot. I’ll take what I can get :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

If it’ll get people to relax, 10% armor and 1 turn cooldown on TSR. That’s it.

5 Likes

TSR cooldown to 1, 10% armor, plus a 50% resistance to distraction. Or even 25% at least.

Actually, considering a cooldown of 1 to TSR and considering it has a resilient move, just a 25% resistance could be fair enough.

6 Likes

You know that there’s about 10 threads filled with the same suggestions around?

1 Like

Probably made by the same people lol. That’s why I left my initial comment so brief. Just waiting for Ludia to address the issue (or not).

3 Likes

I still think a slight hp buff is necessary, It really cut off many players from doing the raids. If the HP nerf wasn’t so harsh those players could still do It, not to mention it’s too frail against speedsters with the amount of HP It has now. I even gave It the swap prevention resistance removal nerf to compensate and because i think it’s a good balancing decision to help bleeders.

But i share the take what i can get sentiment. I don’t want Ludia to look at those requests and use as an excuse to overbuff It again. Then we end up with the same problem we started with lol

9 Likes

I can get behind giving it the HP buff for raids. I just don’t want to overbuff it. The damage nerf alone helped a lot with that, so it should still be a lot better balanced then it was.

2 Likes

its fine now, its not useless

1 Like

That’s the problem. It used to be awesome, now it’s fine/meh/whatever. So many ways to counter it, with so little it can do about it.

1 Like

Just for fun:

Assuming no armor, no crits and no vulnerability, Sonora can match a similar-stat Dentist 1 to 1 in damage over three turns.

8 Likes

TSR 1 turn cooldown to be on par with FR and DSR. Increase its attack back to original 2.0 value. The rest of the changes leave it. Makes it a raid warrior while making it still lose to the Distract and FR gang.

It doesnt need armor or extra health. That just makes it OP or so some players think.

3 Likes

Never said it was, but it is below the curve in my opinion. If you look at my post, I really didn’t ask for much. Our bar for buffing dinos that need it shouldn’t be as low as “isn’t useless”.

1 Like

Honestly the reason it wins many matchups that it shouldn’t (even now) is the damage, nor the HP/armor. It still does 4800 damage over two turns if you don’t distract it, or 3600 if you do. So I wouldn’t want to buff it’s attack at all. An armor buff would hardly change any matches against fierce at all, but would help against cunnings, where it needs help the most right now given that Max can be fully distracted. It’s two parts resilient, one part fierce, and Ludia themselves specifically called it out as a more resilient-oriented alternative to Ardontosaurus in the patch notes. It shouldn’t be losing to cunnings.

4 Likes

I think it’s the exact opposite. The damage nerf was the only thing done right. It had too much damage for a tank, but It needs HP and armor to counter speedsters. I don’t mind the distraction resistance nerf that much as long as It beats speedsters. The damage nerf was necessary, it’s a resilient-fierce dino made to counter cunning and resilient, so It should lose against more fierce dinos, but the damage It had was enough to defeat all chompers except mortem, that wasn’t right.
The HP nerf was what took away the chance of many players to do the mortem raid, It shouldn’t have been that harshly nerfed.

2 Likes

Not useless, yes. But It should be a top tier and It simply isn’t anymore. If It really was fine no one would be asking for boost resets specifically because of this nerf. And that has been the greatest complaint on 2.1

2 Likes