Ludia Forums

Maxima needs a buff

Never said it was, but it is below the curve in my opinion. If you look at my post, I really didn’t ask for much. Our bar for buffing dinos that need it shouldn’t be as low as “isn’t useless”.

1 Like

Honestly the reason it wins many matchups that it shouldn’t (even now) is the damage, nor the HP/armor. It still does 4800 damage over two turns if you don’t distract it, or 3600 if you do. So I wouldn’t want to buff it’s attack at all. An armor buff would hardly change any matches against fierce at all, but would help against cunnings, where it needs help the most right now given that Max can be fully distracted. It’s two parts resilient, one part fierce, and Ludia themselves specifically called it out as a more resilient-oriented alternative to Ardontosaurus in the patch notes. It shouldn’t be losing to cunnings.

4 Likes

I think it’s the exact opposite. The damage nerf was the only thing done right. It had too much damage for a tank, but It needs HP and armor to counter speedsters. I don’t mind the distraction resistance nerf that much as long as It beats speedsters. The damage nerf was necessary, it’s a resilient-fierce dino made to counter cunning and resilient, so It should lose against more fierce dinos, but the damage It had was enough to defeat all chompers except mortem, that wasn’t right.
The HP nerf was what took away the chance of many players to do the mortem raid, It shouldn’t have been that harshly nerfed.

2 Likes

Not useless, yes. But It should be a top tier and It simply isn’t anymore. If It really was fine no one would be asking for boost resets specifically because of this nerf. And that has been the greatest complaint on 2.1

2 Likes

My alliance suffered for Mortem because Ardent couldnt output enough damage due to TSR nerf and the damage nerf. Armor is irrelevant for Mortem who cares. It has enough health as is. If you end Round 1 faster you dun get DSR by Mortem thus needing GEH or worse being open Mortem’s crit whip.

A notice to everyone who used the Irritator strat to beat Mortem before 2.0 (the one with Max and Tenrex)

The Maxima strat is still doable. Requires more attack boosts, yes, but doable nonetheless. And this isn’t the only Mortem strat.

For the strat to work using a level 30 Maxima, it needs only 6 attack boosts, but 14 HP boosts. Clearly HP is the more deficient stat here.

2 Likes

More likely to fail due to having an extra turn in Round 1. I noticed its more due to TSR nerf than damage of course.

1 Like

Yeah that cooldown needs to change back

1 Like

Indeed. For mine that is 29 It needs 17 HP boosts. That’s a whole lot of boosts, it’s almost maxed in HP

1 Like

Armor isn’t irrelevant on arena though, it should have It to be good against speedsters.
The small damage nerf is easy to correct for the raid, but the HP one was very impactful and limited many players. If i had to almost max my level 29 in HP anything lower is in trouble.

1 Like

Needs to be great all around including in arena.

Used to be awesome. Now it is just mediocre and a cookie cutter of Ardontosaurus.

1 Like

I completely agree that Ardentismaxima needs its armor back. That was the nerf that made me the saddest. That and poor Blue losing not only her own armor, but health too. :pensive:

6 Likes

And when maxima is buffed again, everyone will want her nerfed.

1 Like

Ok tbh I do agree Maxima shouldn’t of lost its armour.

1 Like

Yeah it’s all about finding the balance between the OP state in 2.0 and wherever Maxima is now.

2 Likes

No. Its still a little op. Just boost it right and it’ll be as good as ever

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, so OP that everyone asked for a boost reset, so OP that everyone that could replaced It for gemini or something else in the top leaderboards. Seriously now… Boosting doesn’t fix an overnerf

3 Likes

Give back at least the TSR cooldown at 1. Maybe give it Group Invin plus Taunt

I had my Maxima boosted on health at 7k for the Mortem raid, now I am unable to do it without being one shotted by Mortem. I got robbed by Ludia! I had attack close to 2k but Ludia robbed that from me. It needs a buff because the nerfing was too extreme.