Ludia Forums

Maybe put a "new topic" limit on new members for like a month or so?

:thinking:

10 squirrels

18 Likes

YES!

10lesstopics

7 Likes

What a great idea!

8 Likes

You have 100% approval of the Fury. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

@Subxero11 for president :pray:

4 Likes

Hopefully your idea gets recognition @Subxero11.

5 Likes

Yes!!! @Subxero11

5 Likes

but why !? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I must say that this is the worst idea of the bad ideas!
The forum is made for those who want to share their experiences and opinions!
Nobody can take away this right!
If there is a thread that you don’t care about, forget it!
Everyone can post as much and what they want (respecting the rules of the forum)!

2 Likes

I agree. Max 3 new threads a day for who is less than 45 days subscribal.

3 Likes

The reason is there could be potential for spam. This clutters up the main page with a bunch of topics that may be similar to one another. This can cause other topics that have information that another forum user may be looking for to be father away and harder to get access to. With this restriction applied, it would help newer players prioritize which topics to be created that would be helpful in the forum.

11 Likes

@Tommy_Paoli you are right! :slightly_smiling_face:

I really don’t see why 10-15 topics wouldn’t be enough for the first month, new topics are only really used for line up advise and bug reports, most of the time i wanted to ask something in a new topic I found it had already been asked and answered months back

So a limit would encourage looking up the question first before making a new topic again.

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

9 Likes

We live in an age of information overload. I’d always encourage people to share ideas that are quality and not just quantity.
Having to wade through a sea of random and duplicate jumble of topics to get to good ideas is not the goal.

I get some may be excited about their progress or certain topics, but they must realise that for the vast majority it may not be something they are interested in, and may be better in a private message than a public forum.
Using discretion and thinking before posting is also a good idea, as well as checking to see if a similar thread is already open.

7 Likes

100% agree. A simple ‘like’ wouldn’t have shown how I appreciate the sentiment.
This is supposed to be a forum, not a chatboard…

4 Likes

I have to admit it may be a good idea but LISTEN TO ME: if newcomers can’t create more than a certain number of threads per day, they’ll write the stuff they don’t center IN ANOTHER THREAD!
:writing_hand:

That’s the point of it. There are too many pointless/duplicate threads about and it’s clogging up the forum.

5 Likes

On this I must agree!
For example, if you want to write something and your intention and have it read to a single person in particular, you can write in private!

2 Likes

I been members of so many forums over the years, some too strict about stuff, others not strict enough. It’s definitely a fine line to dance but I don’t mind the idea of new members having a cap on new topics that they can create for a short period of time. At least I didn’t say a post cap :stuck_out_tongue:

Also some forums handle things differently, for example I got tagged for necro posting in a topic I made but had been idle. My post be it several months since the last was a nice update IMO and fell right in line with everything before hand. Seen no reason for the issue and i wasn’t going to make a new topic when I had a perfectly fine topic already made. On other forums you are often encouraged to do searches and revive old topics regarding what you want to discuss to help cut down on new topics and having lots of information in various places which can make searches more difficult.

Again, everyone does it different, not right or wrong I guess it is what it is.

9 Likes