Ludia Forums

Megalania, the Giant Komodo Dragón!

Should it have some type of wound to represent its venomous qualities? I like it though, the rend makes up for its lack of damage.

4 Likes

Yeah a bleed would fit with the lack of damage too.

6 Likes

It would, but I was mainly commenting about it due to it having venom.

2 Likes

Thats absolutely right, that’s exactly how komodo dragons kill their prey, with damage over time from their bite. They infect their prey with bacteria from their bite, in addition to having mild venom.

2 Likes

Its mainly the venom. It ain’t mild. The bacteria help it some, but the venom is the main cause of what kills the animal, usually bleeding to death.

3 Likes

I say make it an epic, give it maiming wound and venomous counter.

5 Likes

Definitely, It would be pretty fitting cause of the venom.

1 Like

Pretty sure its mostly the bacteria. We didn’t even know about the venom until recently. The animal dies from a combination of bleeding to death and the infection. They’ll watch animals die over the course of days.

Edit: This was wrong lol

1 Like

Actually I stand corrected. The bacteria isn’t bad. The venom doesn’t seem to directly kill their prey though as with viper venom for example (hence why I called it mild), but it DOES prevent clotting, so their prey bleeds to death quickly. So yeah, damage over time definitely fits!

3 Likes

It would probably have to be Cunning-Fierce then, but I wouldn’t be against that.

2 Likes

Why cunning? Aren’t all bleeding abilities fierce?
Edit: oh, i misread venomous counter, nevermind. I thought It was wounding counter

2 Likes

And the venom works very quickly. That’s why I think it ain’t mild, but to each their own.

2 Likes

im thinking:
Dmg: 1280
Defense Shattering Wound (Defense shattering strike but with wound)
Rending Takedown
Rending Counder-attack

2 Likes

We need this in JWA and JWTG

1 Like

Lol at first I thought it was another ‘lania hybrid and came here to say
N
O

1 Like

Its quick, but not deadly by itself. If I injected you with something like rattlesnake or black mamba venom, you would probably die. But if I injected you with komodo dragon venom, while you would be in bad shape and in a lot of pain, without an open wound for the anticoagulant to act on, you would probably pull through.

1 Like

I should have specified. It’s not mild, but isn’t not too strong either. At least it uses Venom and not poison.

1 Like

Oh don’t get me started on people confusing venom and poison :joy:

1 Like

Not what I was talking about, but yes, that also ticks me off as well.

1 Like