Ludia Forums

Megalosaurus Tournament

Didn’t see a thread for this started yet… Nice that I can’t find record of when it was last a tournament unlock. And even the last Clash of Titans was in 2018! All seeming pretty straightforward and normal for me so far with no problems. Except the AI waiting until only 5 seconds left to make its move… every single time…

And probably an unpopular opinion… but I do actually enjoy when there is variety to the different tournaments - rules, cenozoics, aquatics, etc. Having all Jurassic no rules definitely makes them easy and predictable though. Just nice to feel challenged to make sure that my lineup is balanced to handle a variety of situations.

3 Likes

One tournament per month should be aquatic, Cenezoic or mod.

1 Like

Maybe not that often. And I’d be happy to never see another mod tournament again. But every other month at least we should get an aquatic or ceno one, or a tournament with rule restrictions (class, level, etc.).

2 Likes

I can understand that you don’t like mod tournaments, but I would like to see them from time to time, just to have more variety in the tournaments.

These restrictions tournaments are so rare that I totally forgot them.

All this shows that Ludia has many options to give us a vast possibility of different tournament types…and not always Jurassic, Jurassic, Jurassic…

1 Like

I think if we took a vote, mod tournaments would likely get the least amount of support over ANY other option. Now, if they changed how much the AI uses Legendary and SR mods, maybe they wouldn’t suck so much. Tournaments take enough time already and mods slow them down SO much more (and are WHY all PvPs run so much slower in general to boot), among all the other reasons they are not well suited for tournament play. It’s ridiculous that we have had so many of them, but NO aquatic or ceno tournaments since they came out (I think).

The thing that’s cool about the restriction ones is they can often give newer players a chance in a tournament when they otherwise wouldn’t. I think they are a nice alternative for creatures that players in the game longer have already unlocked to add some interest, and then maybe give the players that actually NEED the unlock a chance to compete when they otherwise would struggle.

3 Likes

Rules tournaments benefiting newer players depends upon the restriction. The Rare or Common-Rare Jurassic tournaments we have had required a very hybrid-heavy lineup to be successful. On the other, the Super-Rare Aquatic tournament was an extremely easy tournament. For what it’s worth we had the VIP Aquatic tournament for Plotosaurus back in September, but nothing else using non-Jurassics since the first Mod-tournament (Titanoboa) back in May. I’d like to echo support for more tournament variety, although Mods are my least favorite variety that we’ve encountered thus far.

1 Like

Well that’s why I said “often” and not “always”. :wink: But my first few Dominator finishes were due to not being normal Jurassic tournaments… seems like they had a LOT more variety back then.

1 Like

Back to the actual tournament. Here is my first day, for all fans of statistics.

4 Likes

Mine was too with Gastornis. If we’re going to have a tournament almost every week, the least Ludia could do is have a bit of variety

3 Likes

Megalosaurus, here we go. First run

2 Likes

Tournament is pretty classic fair so far for me, a few losses but only from myself underselling. :upside_down_face:

I took a different approach in this run and got some interesting results:

1 Like

Early morning run

Bottom

5 Likes

Arrgh two days of Jurassic events that require using my tournament dinos…this is what really bugs me when we get so little to do with cenos and aquatics and they clearly do this to try and get players to have to use CDs. My work is more demanding these days as well so not able to get much playtime in during the week to run my score up so actually debating skipping the herbivore event today to not fall too far behind. Which really sucks with double S-DNA to get! I was really debating whether to start moving towards making my (9) Indoraptors but it’s days like today that make me keep playing it conservative and not wanting to even more often have this quandary.

1 Like

I still need to play today

2 Likes

What double SDNA? :roll_eyes:

Daily sDNA rewards.

I decided to give it a try and use mods like clone to reduce how many good dinos I needed to use and tried to use Splinter but had a really high health dino in the 3rd spot and was just short of taking it out. His Steal then took my Splinter and wiped my team out. Sigh. I hate mod events but this tendency to put them on tournament days just really makes me detest them even more…especiallyknowing WHY they do this. Done trying… I’d rather miss out on the S-DNA than play an event I don’t enjoy at ALL and that makes my tournament run much harder.

This mod event was indeed tough. I had to use 4 of my very valuable clone mods and 2 lvl 40 Apatosaurus. But I was able to finish it and it had no impact on my tournament, I did not have to use any bucks for cooldowns.
Maybe this is Ludias way to tell very experienced players like you are, that there is still some work to do before you can finish all events and tournaments without problems.

Does a lvl 1 Indoraptor collide with your current lineup?

2 Likes

My actual data.

2 Likes

The MOD event was tough, especially since I have been wildling down my MOD collection (it’s getting so low :grin:), I spent some DB on MODs I needed to complete the event ~500 DB which isn’t bad considering how good the TH has been to me the last couple of days. I didn’t need to use any tournament creatures for the event but that was based on getting specific MOD lineups.

2 Likes