Ludia Forums

Megalosuchus raid boss targeting area inaccurate

Bug Description:

The megalosuchus raid boss tap target is inaccurate.

Area is was found in: 2, don’t think it matters

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- Raid boss starts on top of strike tower
Step 2 - Wait for raid boss to move
Step 3 - Tap on strike tower
Step 4 - Raid is opened

How often does it happen:

Every time

What type of device are you using:

Android (Pixel 4a)

Anything else? (add screenshots or additional information here)

Screenshot_20201105-120144

In this screenshot, clicking on the strike tower opens the raid boss instead.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem, except it’s with creatures. Any creatures that are in Megalosuchus’s absolutely massive targeting radius cannot be selected. The game seems to prioritize Megalosuchus’s targeting over other creatures, that much is apparent. Sometimes the camera will even zoom into the creature before snapping back to Megalosuchus. Its targeting radius SIZE issues might stem from the fact that it’s a moving entity. My guess is to make sure that players would be able to actually select this raid, the targeting radius was probably increased too drastically to compensate for the fact that it moves.

The fact that it prioritizes Megalosuchus over other creatures doesn’t make sense, though. I can’t see any good reason keep it working this way, especially since many raid bosses have a targeting radius that takes up a very large area. There is a good chance that the game is still picking up on other creature’s hitboxes since the camera still focuses on them, luckily. This means that removing or reducing the priority for selecting raid bosses over other creatures seems to be the way to go if that’s a parameter that can be directly controlled and fixed quickly.

If it’s not as simple as tweaking a few parameters, then the devs may want to consider reworking how raid bosses function on the map.

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Please fill in the following fields!

Bug Description: “Hit-box” for selecting Megalosuchus raid does not allow the Strike Tower to be select, no matter the distance of the creature from said tower. (Interestingly enough, the Supply Drop can be accessed, however)

Area is was found in: Map

Step 1- Try to select strike tower
Step 2 - Immediately taken to raid pop-up
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: Every time

What type of device are you using: Iphone X

Anything else?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this to us, Rinnah! Do you know if this happens with other Raid bosses as well or just with Megalosuchus?

From what I can tell it’s pretty much any boss (Saw it with Grypo yesterday). It seems as though anything that might be considered…“ground level” (such as strike towers or event dinos), gets overridden by whatever boss happens to be in that immediate vicinity, even if the raid boss has walked far enough away for a clear shot.

That’s definitely a strange one, Rinnah. I don’t seem to have that issue on the current device that I am using. However, could I ask you to email our support team at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key and device information included in the email so our team can investigate further?

I find that zooming the map very close to the Strike tower and then tapping on it can sometimes help as well.

Thanks!

I’m having the same issues. Zooming in doesn’t really help for creatures. If there was an option to toggle on or off seeing raid bosses on maps that would be one way of solving the issue

This is for reporting bugs only, if you are having trouble making a purchase or need help recovering your account please post in Help & Support here.

Bug Description: Trying to click on the stat boost strike but megalo keeps getting in the way yet it’s not where the strike is

Area is was found in: map

Step 1-
Step 2 -
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: every time

What type of device are you using: iPhone XR

See that lion. I can’t dart it because of how the boss moves. @Ned could you tell the big guys to fix this, as every time I click on lion, it goes to the boss.

sad m. lion noises
:lion:

he encontrado hace pocos minutos un error en el juego, cuando intento entrar a un asalto del mapa me selecciona la raid de megalosuchus que se encuentra en mi sona y eso me impide completar el asalto que quiero realizar

Translated From Spanish

A few minutes ago I found an error in the game, when I try to enter an assault on the map, it selects the raid of megalosuchus that is in my sona and that prevents me from completing the assault I want to carry out

Unfortunately, our forums are currently only in English; we have translated your post using Google Translate. In the future, please remember to include an English translation.

I am also experiencing this @Ned can u please help

Bug Description: Megalosuchus Boss Hitbox is insane and blocks map interactions

Area is was found in: map

Step 1- find megalosuchus boss
Step 2 - try to Click something in his walking Range
Step 3 - notice that you will never reach it
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: evertime

What type of device are you using: iPhone

On this Screenshot you can see a megalosuchus boss near that green tower with event Nasuceratops. Its impossible to get the nasuceratops and super hard to Hit the Green Tower. You Always hit megalosuchus.

BTW: the normal Megalosuchus needs a buff … its pretty weak since his rework :frowning:

3 Likes

Yes, this has been a problem since the boss was introduced. Last week I couldn’t tap a specific strike tower because the megalo’s hitbox was covering it even when the boss itself was across the screen. Tapping the strike tower would just zoom all the way over to the boss. I’m on Android.

1 Like

The same thing happens with Grypolyth boss.

I don’t know of/never noticed any other boss that does this so I guess it’s just Megalo and Grypo.
Still, it’s extremely annoying how large their hitboxes are.
(especially if they happen to block access to an epic which happened to me twice :rage:)

I have this issue too

The hitbox of the Megalosuchus Boss is really large, when I clicked the Event Supply drop that is. literally 30 meters away from it, it direct me to the Boss Raid place, It is really frustrating to not be able to dart the creatures, this bug make literally no sense.

1 Like

Already reported this bug. Unable to open chest…always open raid. Megalo hitbox is broken.

Thanks, I just wanted to know if I’m the only one having this issue.