Ludia Forums

Metoposaurus VIP Tournament - 5/4/19

Wow, hearing how rare this guy is, I sure hope I can time this right to get him! It’s too bad these VIPs don’t get unlocked too.

1 Like

I would love to see a tournament that actually unlocked a VIP creature! I will take the 50k pack though obviously.

1 Like

Well done @Mary_Jo!

1 Like

Started pretty late on this and didn’t use my fiercest dinos. Prizes have been pretty good, though, so I might do more battles tomorrow morning. But dominator looks fairly secure already.

Slow moving tournament so it is going to take some fairly low scores to get into Dominator. I have been doing my best to stay behind first place in order to track the progression but this has severely limited the amount of battles that I can complete.

1 Like

Dang it, thought I’d try now even though I wasn’t quite as low as I wanted yet, since it was moving so slow and I only have a 3 hour cool down. Well that didn’t go well at ALL. My best team got screwed, the same one I posted before… not sure if I did something wrong taking my screenshot but the game booted me immediately with a technical error of some kind. Really sucks that the game has an issue but I get the penalty of losing not just the match but still getting stuck with the cool down times.

So I figured what the heck I’ll try my second string team. Using @Potato’s strategy again, I was definitely way overmatched but kind of holding my own until the last matchup, my carny against his herbo. But I only had 4 attack left, not enough to take him out if he blocked at all. He had 2 reserve, so I guessed he would put that on a block … and my guess was wrong. Game over. Sigh.

Now I just have to wait and see if I fall too much in the next 3 hours to be able to make it back up. Assuming I have better luck when I try again.

@Mary_Jo Since i’m not VIP, i can’t compete, but it seems that most of the time (emphasis on most of the time) the AI goes for a reserve when faced with type disadvantage on the last round. I think going all out attack works for often that it fails, so maybe try that next time you face such a problem.
Just an idea.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I kind of figured that after the fact, in the heat of the moment I just didn’t think he would since his stats even with the disadvantage were still higher than mine and without a block I could take him out. I just haven’t done enough of these tournaments and seen these matches where they are much higher in ferocity than mine to be able to read the situation that quickly.

1 Like

Call it a day for this tournament. Used my top VIPs in two rounds, I think this is more than enough. Looking forward for the 50k VIP worth reward, especially because I just spent 50k to get a Tusotheutis…ouch.

1 Like

Well I won my last battle and moved back up to the bottom of Dominator but over the last couple hours have fallen down and now sitting in 100th place again with less than an hour to go. Nail biting time again but not feeling good that this one will stick.

This tournament is moving very slow. It only takes 124 to make it to dominator in my group. 2nd place is at 262 thropies. @Mary_Jo are you able to make it?

Nope since posting a few minutes ago I’ve dropped back down to Predator in 7th place with 123 trophies. Unfortunately the slow movement means I probably am not going to fall enough before it ends to get a winnable match but I’ll give it a try and hope for the best.

Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Final data

No surprise that I finished in dominator and I’m happy with my new dino. However the other three cards were unbelievable, three times dollars.
If I’ve had bought this pack for 50k I would be really angry.

Well waited until less than 10 minutes to go but hadn’t budged at all so was expecting some tough matches. Here’s how they went. First one, couldn’t overcome the 2 herbos against my pteros and lost that one, so tried with my 2nd string and got a much better lineup, and fairly easily got the win this time! So finished 79th in Dominator with 160 trophies.

3 Likes

I don’t follow @Tommi - you don’t like dollars? I was upset I didn’t get any DB cards in my pack. Two were food (meh), the other was a nice DNA one (around 3K I believe).

Yaaaaaassssss!!!

2 Likes

I never counted them but I make more than 100mio of dollars per day with my park creatures. In card packs they are absolutely of no use for me.
You will reach that point some day too.

I think he means coins. And I got the same pack. Nothing but coins. Still, I got Metoposaurus and Loyalty Points so I can only complain so much

2 Likes