Missing hard cash

Hello support people. Today I purchased one rare incubator and the game deducted 1000 cash from my game. I trying to find out what’s going on and how can I get my missing 800 cash.

Hey MagicFingers, our team would be happy to take a look at your account to try and assist you. Could you email our support team at support+forums@ludia.com with the time and date you made your in-game purchase? Make sure to include your support key in your email as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Will do. Thanks @Ned!

This is phenomenal!!! Please respond with what they did? I am owed $1000 dollars(US) & Ludi a won t even respond to me???

I’m sorry to hear that our team has not responded to you yet @KingMaximud. If you had already contacted them here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key, it might take a bit of time for their investigation. However, I’m sure our team will try and get back to you as soon as they can.

Yes, I received a response from them stating that my account issues had all been resolved and the ticket was closed. ( I have well over 100 recorded/electronic comms that I hav haven’t released on Reddit or something because my intent is to resolve it amicably or through the legal system.( Which of I am forced to go this route. I want two things: 1) too be made whole 2) for others to be aware of the situation(s). I am a believer that every company can make mistakes and I don’t want to tarnish( facts and figures that present the totality of the situation) an entire companies reputation…I’ve tried everything.

1 Like