Mods events are great

Yeah, that one was really tough. Lost it two times before I managed to outsmart him by using two clone mods.

For low levels that get easier opponents you only need to use 1 mod per battle you don’t need 3.tho it probably has to be on the carnivore or the type of dino that’s required

Greatest show on the island.

1 Like

@Sionsith - I may have opted out last week but you’d be proud. I won one of the Mod events today thanks to a heavy usage of Nullify.

2 Likes

Lost with this setup.
Lesson learnt: using survival against toxin is foolish, coz the toxin neutralizes survival; you get hit down to 1, then toxin effect finishes you off.
Darn, I lost by one move.

1 Like

I also made heavy use of Nullify to complete these events. I refuse to spend DBs on Mods so it’s really the only strategy against stuff like Survival and Toxin.

2 Likes

You’re right it is often the only strategy, but as long as it works it is ok.
Makes mods not really challenging from a strategic point of view…who cares…I do not.

3 Likes

I think you’ve also encountered before, when opposing dinos are so strong that Nullify alone won’t be enough to overcome.

2 Likes

That’s when Clone becomes your friend.

1 Like

You clone the stats but not the MODs. I’m thinking of going Clone-Steal-[none] tomorrow when my top herbs recover. Opponent has a Steal on 3rd, so anything I put there will be stolen.

thats when you put something low level down there with a clone MOD on it that can survive any of the toxin mod effects (unless you have a nullify on it) so that when they steal the clone they clone your low level creature.

1 Like

Say opponent has toxin on 1st, even if your 2nd or 3rd has a Nullify, they’ll still get hit by the toxin. Right now I’m facing an all-herbs challenge with opponents high on both health and attack. Wussies won’t do, except for the one with Clone MOD. That is, high health but low attack dinos won’t cut it. Only got so many viable options unless I create another level 30 monostegotops.

First attempt unsuccessful, lost by one point it was a long battle as well…

I think next time I will do clone, clone, berserk or charge.

Reason being I was forced to have my Dino with Nullify die before killing the second Dino to prevent the third from stealing my nullify since I believe his steal would have activated on his turn prior to my nullify blocking it.

1 Like

Same with me, lost 4-3 on final turn. Interesting what happened here, the opponent stealing your clone MOD so it ends up turning into a wussie! Quite funny, really. (So now I understand what you were alluding to earlier.)

Thanks for your strategy idea, SionSith. Went with clone-clone-berserk using two wussies and a 20 monostegotops, and won. Opposing 3rd dino did end up cloning my 3rd dino, but I had enough to KO it. Using berserk lowered its health enough for me to knock it out.

3 Likes

Worked for me, too. Thanks

1 Like

was also able to follow my own advice and it worked as well.

What was interesting and I didn’t capture it with a screen shot but my second Dino, after killing it’s second kept its attack from the second. Meaning it’s attack was 2,600 something but also meant the opponent had that until my third creature came in and it cloned it.

I also had the same thing happen in another MOD battle today where the cloned creature kept its cloned stats even after its clone MOD was stolen. It would not clone any other creatures but it did keep the last stats it did clone instead of reverting to its original stats.

1 Like

I’m curious about your battle steps. Did you swap in your 3rd after cloning? I’m not seeing how your 3rd with only 206 attack could take out even its own 1700+ health unless you’re loaded with net 4-5 plus moves on final turn.

I sacrificed my second after killing it’s second, once his third came in and stole the clone. I made sure I had already taken out his survival mod and was in a position to do only one or two attack (I think I did 2 and I reserved 4 at the same time) to take out the final 1 health. When his third came in, stole my clone it attacked for four out of five possible points allowing my third to come in with 8 attack which ended up being 7 because it blocked for 1.

1 Like