Ludia Forums

Monolorhino Rework

This is the current Monolorhino. In case you haven’t noticed literally nothing can kill it before it swaps out. That is with no crits. Even Ceramagnus can be taken down with the right forces (particularly grypolyth and a few others). Not only that, but it’s resistant to the two main tank weaknesses, rend and bleed, which presents a problem. Bleed resistance isn’t questionable but should NOT be 100%. Its armor value also stops some creatures who could otherwise kill it from bringing it to its knees. While it’s not unbalanced, it is OP for a swap in tank.

But what are your thoughts on it?

• OP
  • Needs a slight nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff
  • Underpowered

0 voters

The new take on it makes it almost completely different. It now uses shielded decelerating strike, distracting shield, and now has nerfed resistances besides distracting and crit reduction, along with an increased speed and crit chance but no armor.

Thoughts?

• OP
  • Needs a slight nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff
  • Underpowered

0 voters

But how would you rework it? Leave your answers if any.

The Woolly Rhino shouldn’t be resistant to DoT in the first place, and there’s other problems with it too, especially that damage output. I don’t know what to say about Monolorhino though, it’s great as a swap-in creature, and not bad but not great 1v1.

9 Likes

Monolorhino it’s balance, its resistances comes from monolometrodon

Stop with these nerfs already, jesus christ. The game is actually perfectly balanced as it is. In fact, they should buff some other creatures BUT balance them with how everything is right now.

Let us voice what we want. Nobody is asking Ludia to change the entire game. If we believe that one creature is too weak or too powerful let us talk. You don’t need to argue on whether or not it’s correct or wrong. You don’t even need to listen.

3 Likes

Monolorhino isn’t exactly broken, but it’s not balanced either. A tank shouldn’t have DoT and Rend resistance that’s dumb. Doesn’t matter that it came from monolometrodon or not, plus monolometrodon is already borderline broken for how easy it is to make.

i say the best rework for this creature is to remove it entirely. it gives Monolemetrodon a bad look. same with acrocanthops. It is just a dumb-looking thing. Give Acro and Mono their glory and fuse them together

1 Like

I think monolorhino is fine as It is. As a wild card, the resistances and the moves have a bit of everything, but at the same time It doesn’t really excel in anything. It’s a good swapper with a barely decent 1v1, which is expected from a swapper. I wouldn’t mind If the bleed resistance was just 50% on monolorhino tho. I don’t think It needs that immunity. But other than that it’s a pretty balanced creature, this could be seen in the tournament. I don’t like that you removed the armor, but If they had the same armor I’d say they are both balanced.

1 Like

Perfect for raids :heart_eyes:

Actually, monolorhino is really good 1v1s. If my calculations are correct, it should be taking ceramagnus on and winning

As for this, I would say leave it as is. I feel that the distracting shield could limit its bulk. I think cunning strike works better

In general though? I’m not surprised it does well against Magnus, since it’s Immune to Stun and it can alternate shields with Definite Impact.
It certainly can tank hits, and I suppose I may be underestimating how well it does against non-shatterers. The impression I got from using it was that it’s good at sniping and whittling down opponents to be sniped or set up on.

It actually has the best 1v1 ratio in the game as far as swap ins go. It’s also better against shattering users than you might expect, and can even take on mammolania. Thing is it doesn’t need a big nerf, just lose rend resist (all of it) dot resist (all or some of it depending on if woolly rhino is also nerfed) and some of its swap prevention resistance also has to go (being the only tanky swap in that can freely escape). It’s not unbalanced atm but needs some counters that can kill it before swapping out.

Why? Why does it need to lose those resistances? It’s fine as is. The decel resistance is what creatures like tryko, maxima, or gemini use to take it down

2 Likes

How about no. I actually like its look. Same with acrocanthops

2 Likes

It’s not unbalanced but something that needs to be toned down. It’s not in most need of a nerf now so I don’t really mind

Happy Birthday

1 Like

It shouldn’t be touched to begin with. It’s fine

2 Likes

Happy creation day!

1 Like

Thank you! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

2 Likes