Monomimus or Monostegotops

Which should I work toward with my Monolophosaurus DNA?

Monomimus if you can…

I have monostego but it’s just average

1 Like

Monomimus is better but brings me to my post before Curious (Monomimus)

about that it shouldn’t be based on the post by Ludia stating than an epic x epic should be worth more than an epic x common.

1 Like

I prefer monostegotops, have mine near lvl 25, monominus have low life and i feel like he dont do much dmg when i faced him, monostegotops is way more tank, have slow and a chance of stun, he can survive a shatering attack from indoraptor, i usually oneshot monominus if he dont dodge

1 Like

But it dodges A LOT and has distracting rampage.

1 Like

Im working on my monomimus but my Monostegotops is anything but average. It has reasonably high speed and damage and crushes Irex amoung others

1 Like

Well crud. Seems evenly split. Any else have an opinion?

Do you have dna just now? If so I would say get one and after this weekends event try for the other

I love my monostego, so useful for the dinos I’m continually facing. I personally think monomimus is a bit of a troll dino. Doesn’t do a lot of damage but if it dodges it’ll put a real dent in your team.

If it doesn’t dodge it’s pretty easy squashed.

1 Like

Monostego is very comfortable against it in a direct comparison.

Well 9 damage left haha. But 4 levels difference.

3 Likes

Can only start on one.

Sounds like monostegotops is the way to go. Ty all!

1 Like

Distracting rampage is not that usefull vs most of dinos on top battles, most of they are inmunes, have cleansing or have superior strike, meanwhile monostegotops can slow and 2 shot a indoraptor for example. Monomimus is so good too, jut i feel more safe whit tank utility in this meta now than speed glash cannons rng dinos

1 Like

But superior strike will only help with the cleanse, monomimus is immune to the slow effect.

I have monostegotops, but I haven’t put any DNA into it since creating because I also want monomimus (and I still prefer my stegoceratops). With this event I’ll be close to getting her. I got all 48 attempts on galamimus, but I’ve only got enough left-over DNA for a couple fuses once I get more mono at the end of the week.

It’s hard to say which is better, it really depends on your strategy, because both are effective.

1 Like

Momomimus is mostly a RNG dino, also if you couldn’t enter arena 8, it will be hard to keep raise it.
And very delicate especially when you don’t get good luck.
So I think if you are not very hard core, choose Monostego is safe.

2 Likes

Gallimimus may be common however if your not at Jurassic Ruins arena 8 then you likely have never seen one outside of a weekly featured Dino event. So In that respect it may be harder to collect. I get your point though

1 Like

I ran into a couple monomimuses (monomimi?) in battle last night, and boy are they annoying. Indominus is a one trick pony with it’s cloak, but monomimus dodging for 3 turns, with debuff, and immunity… hecking annoying. It’s all luck. Maybe if I landed more hits or had my monostegotops handy it wouldn’t have irked me so much, but my opponent started with indoraptor and then brought out this… not a fun battle.

So I still stand with saying monomimus is worth while, but I guess I also just answered your question since monostegotops is a good counter for it. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yeah 1v1 in battle monosteg wins. While they both counter Indom and other buffers, shielders anything that relies on positive effects though both different creatures. One is damage tank other speedy damage I would look at your battle team and see what’s missing more tank or speed and make decision based on that since that will make your team stronger than just looking at each creature in a vacuum

2 Likes

I have both at level 20. Head to head, monotops wins. Overall against a wide range of other dino. Mimus hangs on longer, so overall does more damage in the end. So I would say Mimus is the better of the two for the long haul. But if you can work both in, that’s even better, and what I would recommend shooting for myself.

2 Likes

Nah monominus is squishy and rng dependant, monosetegops is tank have stun and slow and do tonts of crits and have more dmg, if monomimus dont dodge can be oneshoted by a indoraptor but monostegotops no

1 Like

This is an older thread and monosteg is one of the last of the uncreated, outside of long necks. I have mimus at a 17 with a ton of galli. Going out mono hunting and still undecided, level up mimus or create stegotops. Where is a coin to flip?

1 Like