Ludia Forums

Monsters of the deep

@Pristine_nightfury Hello fellow level 35 :slight_smile:, honestly your lineup looks super similar to mine right now, or at least mine a week ago or so. So here’s the advice I’ve been hearing from other people and from personal experience

1. Ophiacodon 30 is a total BEAST. 195 attack for a level 30 rare is insane, I was literally using him as a consistent closer for a Predator finish last tournament.
  2. Super Rares are really helpful. In particular I suggest Zhejiangopterus, super cheap Super Rare to get. Kapro and Posto good too, even with your 3 Diplotators.
  3. Don’t make the same mistake I did. I leveled up Diplotator to 20 super fast and speed-hatched an Antarctopelta 10. The result was that my top 2 dinos had like twice the ferocity of the rest of my dinos. Try to develop your dinos evenly and keep in mind that every evolution you do causes a spike in ferocity.

By the way, just a quick note: With the resources you have right now, you actually have the choice to go for a Predator finish next tournament. Last tournament I pushed into Predator with a top 3 of Diplotator 20, Antarctopelta 10, Ophiacodon 30. Took about 1k DB but I got there. I’m not saying do it - in fact you probably want more Super Rare 20s right now - but you do have the ability to do it.

Here’s my lineup btw:

3 Likes

I see some nice progress there bud.

All the best for this weekends bracketed tournament. :+1:.

2 Likes

I’m not hard committing this tournament so might not even hit Predator, took way too much effort last time. Not to mention I have to figure out my whole battle rotation too. Really hope that I can get another legendary 20 though, that’d be so helpful for me

2 Likes

Youl find it easier this time round though, either way a hunter or predator pack will be of great help in boosting your current lineup

1 Like

Yeah I’ll take either one, provided the hunter pack is something I already have, Super Rare 20 really doesn’t cut it for me at this point if I can’t follow it up. How much higher do you think I should be climbing this time? I know like I have twice as many usable dinos but there’s also a huge cliff in between my top 4 and 5-7.

2 Likes

Work on broadening that gap between 4 and 7 then, fill your lineup with similar ferocity creatures, maybe go crazy on a discount day for jurassics and spend on super rares (if you dont have any in the hatchery) this will help, at this point of the game you really cant go wrong (unless your spending dna on creatures 4,000 and above think that is way too op for your current level)

1 Like

My hatchery’s literally empty right now. I’m hard committing on the saving resources thing. Oh, I’m also at 8.5k LP so I’m not really planning on spending anything until I get my next VIP (watch it be another aquatic or cenozoic ._. )

1 Like

Did I mention I’m not even high enough level to participate in Monsters of the Deep? :joy:

1 Like

:joy: but you can still reach 35 complete all the missions (not daily missions the other one’s)
I never expanded for a looong time yet I have reached lvl 36 so I am sure you can do it.
Best of luck for the tournament

thanks a lot this was really helpful

My story mode mission is level 40 Diplocaulus. They gave me that AFTER I made Diplotator and I’m too lazy to get another one. Got better things to do with 1.5k DNA and tons of food.

2 Likes

Try to search on the story missions, so you can prepare beforehand. I also made the same mistake multiple times (like: have a stegosaurus by then I had stegoceratops etc). Only issue can be that the lower lvl of story missions might not be up to date (different requirements/creatures due to the reshuffle).

1 Like

Quick question. This tournament’s reward legendary is aquatic, does that mean the tournament is aquatic or is it still land? I’m assuming land because the Prey through Predator rewards are land dino packs?

2 Likes

Dino packs are irrespective…

1 Like

Wait so how do you know if this tournament is land or aquatic?

1 Like

Depends on your level. It seems if you’re lower than 60, it will be land. If you’re 60+ it will be aquatic.

1 Like

Wait so after level 60 there’s literally no more land tournaments?

2 Likes

What do you mean? Almost everything is a land tournament, and by almost I mean 99.99% of it.

2 Likes

No, that’s just how the bracket is for this tournament.

2 Likes

Wait I’m sooooo confused right now. Are those level divisions in this tournament something they just implemented? Because I’m literally having a cake walk right now fighting level 10 rares and level 20 commons in Predator, I’m at 160 trophies with a single rotation of my lineup because the strongest opponents I’ve faced are literally around the power level of my top 18-20 dinos. My top 4 dinos are literally 1v3ing

2 Likes