Ludia Forums

More girl content

Hear me out I like the boys but it’s just too much lately it’s just boys and everyone is demanding boys stories to be completed but we want some girl content to and more interesting stories for them

2 Likes

Big mood. The only thing is is that the guys most likely generate the most profit and appeal to more people’s interests than the girls because of who the target audience and player base is. Not to say girls won’t want to match with other girls, but a lot of voices interest had been mostly for the guys. I do wish there were more girls with just as complex characterization and stories as some of the guys though.

1 Like

True not to say I don’t like the girls stories but the guys has more exciting content and for some reason most females on the fandom keep hating on them and they keep forgetting that this is just a story and they keep simping for them men but I do understand they got to provide for them they bring them the most profit after all

I haven’t seen much hate for the girls, per se, but definitely a lack in interest. And unfortunately it’s not uncommon for female LIs to get shafted whole the guys are pushed and played up more, so I’m not surprised there are far fewer female characters and less frequent updates for them than the guys, with what I said before about it being business and such still being a big part of that reason too. Ah well. Maybe someday some of the girls will get updates and new ones will be released.

Unfortunately I’ve Seen a lot of hate towards the girls in some social media forums it was mostly coming from the women but as you said also the lack of interest toward the girls is a main reason why the stories get delayed and as you said I hope they create more content for them

While not with Lovelink specifically, I do see that attitude towards female characters by girls themselves a lot, unfortunately. I don’t doubt it’s also present among the Lovelink player base too. It’s a shame really, since a lot of the female characters have potential to be more interesting and I bet if you swapped them out with male characters while everything else about the stories remained unchanged they would be better liked most likely by those same people.

I do hope that maybe the writers will give the current and future female characters more depth to them and their stories in the future – the same treatment they give most of the guys, as you said. I’m really looking forward to Felicia Fatale, for instance, and she’s got endless potential for that but we’ll see how it pans out with how the current female characters have been treated. I’m not going to keep my hopes up. Not to say the writers may like and care about them any less, as that may not be the case for some or all of them, but how they’re likely directed to write them even if that’s not necessarily done with the intent for them to perform worse than the guys or aren’t cared about by other dev team members who are editing and giving the writers direction with the stories if that’s what’s done.

1 Like

It’d be nice to be able to specify my sexual orientation. Maddening to keep getting a bunch of dudes and no matches with any of the girls. Also, maybe include trans characters? Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, please, more women! Maybe some 30+ women so that it’s not just young girls?

1 Like

I agree with this! Although I also understand that from a business perspective the women don’t make as much of a profit for the company as the guys, but ah well. It would still be nice to have more. The people that don’t care about the women could use them as diamond mines, just as I use the majority of the guys for.

2 Likes

From a business POV it could make a lot of sense to include more female characters, or at least to promote it to LGBTQ gamers. There’s a lot of queer ladies who love gaming, just as there’s a huge untapped comics market for queer female comic characters.

I’m not saying they have to put a big rainbow on the app and go full LGBTQ but the market is there. They have clearly been careful to make it so that the MC’s gender isn’t emphasised and you can enjoy the story regardless of sexual orientation, so it won’t mean changing the game dynamics.

If some silly insecure people get triggered by that, that’s their cross to bear. Life’s too short to get angry about other people’s lifestyle choices.

OK, rant over… I need a lie down now,

2 Likes

Haha but you do have a point, and widening their focus to include more female characters would also bring in more players which potentially means more income for them. I would love to see more female characters, but I guess we will just have to wait and see if the dev team decides to widen their net or keep on with significantly more male characters.

1 Like