Move raid bosses off the map please

Now that we have four(!) different bosses per raid day, this needs to happen. Finding the one you’re looking for can be a real chore, and it’s a needless stress on top of all the other factors that make coordinating raids challenging. All too often, our (very active) alliance has had only one player near any given boss for long stretches of time, which puts all the onus and pressure on that one player to be a “door” for everyone else. (An especially irritating arrangement when a recent bug has been preventing players from seeing invitations unless they reload, sometimes multiple times!)

Ideally, instead of having to hunt down the bosses, a raid section could be created in the interface, perhaps alongside the PVP and tournament sections. Once entering this section you could select the raid boss you wanted among the four available for that day, then start a lobby and proceed as usual from there.

I know I’m not the only one who thinks this is a good idea. Let’s see if we can raise enough support for this to get Ludia’s attention and have them really consider it. The game will still have plenty of geolocation-based aspects with the event dinos, supply drops, towers, and different zones to dart in/creatures to hunt. The challenge of bosses shouldn’t be in locating them, but in figuring out how to take them down and in coordinating a team of creatures capable of that.

80 Likes

I love this idea so much. With so many current raid bosses and new ones being added all the time, this is a fantastic solution, especially for people who actively raid.

Dear Ludia, we’ve been good this year. If you could put in a good word with Santa Rex for a raid boss menu, we’d appreciate it and continue giving you money.

13 Likes

Great idea. This will take pressure of players and alliances without losing what JWA is all about. I hope it is implemented for the benefit of the players and ludia so more players are engaged in raids. If not many will not even attempt them because it will become a chore.

3 Likes

The way our alliance look at raids now is this: 25 minutes to find 4 players who want to do it, 20 minutes to find the one member with the boss who can start the ball rolling for us, 10 minutes fighting the buggy invitation system so all 4 players can join the lobby, and 5 minutes to do the raid. Total time: 1 hour Real time doing the raid: 5 minutes So, YES, I second the motion.

14 Likes

This is a fantastic idea!

One of the major problems with raids is the availability of a friend in game who has the relevant Dino in their circle. If there isn’t anyone with it you have to ask other alliance members and friends, and with such a variety of time zones it becomes a chore rather than fun.

4 Likes

It’s also tough with those friend limits! It could be fun to have the option to join a random raid that isn’t private.

4 Likes

The best idea since months.
Ludia, please, take note!!
That’s something that could really help and entertain your players’ base.
Not putting on a map, spread to the 4 corners of the world, a ton of colorful bosses…

2 Likes

Someone mentioned this in a thread a couple days ago with the idea of having a Raid tab in the battles screen instead. I think that’s a very good idea.

10 Likes

Fantastic idea, 100%

3 Likes

Great idea! This would make assembling a raid team a much easier process, and would hopefully smooth over some of the technical problems that have made raids difficult to organize, like failed invites and random disconnects.
It would also be nice if you could send invites to fellow alliance members, even if they’re not on your friend list, since the number of friends you can have is limited.

7 Likes

I am thinking of how will a boss scent would be🤔. It’ll be nice if we have a boss scent which can spawn a boss every now and then and Ludia can randomise what boss to spawn for the scent or can categories the scent for different bosses of the day. Since I only have a primary idea about that I didn’t plan in what way should the boss scent be awarded or how long should the boss scent be active.

1 Like

I conveyed my Idea thinking that Ludia still wants us to hunt bosses, orelse your idea will be nice too😋

1 Like

This would definitely make raids less of a hassle.

3 Likes

But hey you know what!? The raids are distributed or just sprinkled at random places only because there’s an ideal! Ludia’s ideal behind sprinkling bosses bcoz they want you to go out and seek everything including the bosses, morover they want the players to miss atleast a raid a day! Now imagine that if everyone gets the DNA from an Apex boss regularly… Then you’ll soon find high level Apexes bullying the Arena. So that’s a good ideal too.
And it’s really disgusting to be the door for the entire alliance for a whole day.

1 Like

Especially so with how it always ends up being the same people hosting week after week.

2 Likes

Love the idea too! I’ve been saying for months if Ludia adds additional raids, they need to add those boss spawns in separate supply drop areas on top of what already exists… giving us more opportunities.

You can’t just mix in the new raids in the already existing boss spawns giving us less chances of doing raids!

Either increase the raid frequency or go with this brilliant idea!

2 Likes

Yes yes yes a thousand times yes. Tag the mods so they can send this cause this is one of the best ideas yet, @Ned you need to show the developers this

4 Likes

I think this is a fantastic concept that would drastically improve gameplay. With the increasing number of raids it would make participation and completion far more practical. I love the raiding aspect of JWA and feel that idea would be a very significant improvement.

4 Likes

Great idea!

2 Likes

This is a superb idea. The frustration of setting up a raid with buggy lobbies is maddening!

3 Likes