Multiplayer Strikes / Raid style events

So I’ve been playing JWA for a few months now after getting back into Pokemon at the beginning of the year I wanted a change.

So far I’m loving the game and apart from the obvious migration frequency issues I think it is brilliant.

However…One thing I find myself missing is meeting up with local players to do Raids. I know the combat is turn based and will require some careful thought as to how to implement but there must be a way to bring the social aspect of team events to JWA

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s enough players for multilayer raids. I doubt if somebody in my district also plays JWA.

4 Likes

I live in a town with about 20k people and there is a thriving Pokemon community many of which play JWA as well. Obviously in really rural areas always gonna be an issue but in towns and cities, which let’s face it the majority of people live there are easily enough players.

Many of us have taken up JWA for the pvp but we all miss the raidin experience

I really hope there won’t be any changes that will request teaming. At the moment, JWA has the big advantage over Pokemon that you can easily play it in small towns. That would change immediately if you will need teams for achieving high prices/raids

2 Likes

I don’t feel the single player experience would change at all. Just optional team Strikes. Apart from the social experience it would bring it would also be good to grow the game and get more players in.

After having played PoGo for a good while and my experiences so far with JWA I think JWA is a superior game in many respects. But one amazing feature PoGo has is the social aspect…I think you may be surprised how many players there are around you that you aren’t aware of :slight_smile:

1 Like

Raid is actually the one thing I dislike about pogo because you become dependent on others to complete your dex and if you happen to be in an unfriendly community, you can get excluded. I still remember the time I was ignored at a raid because I wasn’t able to speak the local language (even though they understood English). If they do end up creating group strike events or whatever it’s called, I hope it is still solo-ble.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

One of the things I miss from the days of PoGo was the community. I could go out and meet dozens of other people out doing the same thing. Walks and meetings were organised to hunt and it was a lot of fun.

You don’t have that with JWA and it is a real shame. When I’m out playing I make sure to have the volume up just in case someone else hears and I can meet a fellow player. Hasn’t happened yet but I hold out hope.

2 Likes

My sentiment exactly. AR games are social by design, you have to get out there and hunt. It’s always more fun and engaging with other people :+1:

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)