Ludia Forums

Must have dragons?

What are the must have dragons in the game. Being 3* or better? Preferably atleast one of each color? Maybe more

1 Like

For the numbered entries I’d pick 1 over 2. For the rest, I’d say either dragon is equally good. These are my preferred picks, others might disagree. I’ve also mainly picked dragons that are team oriented.

For 5 stars I’d pick the following:

Purple:

1. The Shifty Murklurker - The all foes ability lock is incredibly useful and because of it Murky might just be the single best dragon currently in the game.
  2. Toothless - The spirit manipulation to all allies and foes is very useful - do not that it’s not a spirit gaining ability, but only a spirit boost ability.

Yellow:

• The Furtive Fleetsleet - Both cleanses negative effects and guarantees strong hit for 1 turn for all allies makes for a great team player. Make sure you get a good combo going to make the most of the strong hit effect.
  • The Radiant Scarbearer - All foes take more damage and they lose their beneficial effects plus your weakest dragon is healed (The ability says bonus health, but it actually just straight up heals)

Blue:

1. The Radiant Skyglow - All other allies gain spirit - a very very useful skill. On top of that, she boosts the defense of all allies and gives them counterattack.
  2. Stormfly - Works a lot like The Radiant Scarbearer except she deals damage to all enemies instead of removing beneficial effects.
  3. The Lightfury - Increased damage against all enemies is pretty useful. The random damage can be useful when there are fewer dragons left alive in a stage - or of course for alpha battles. Her last ability - the dodge - is a bit of a win-lose situation as she dodges both enemy and ally abilities. So yes, she can dodge when you try to heal her. (Ludia staff has said that they’re looking into this)

Green:

• The Chestnut Knight - One of the few dragons that can revive fallen allies. It isn’t a guaranteed revive of course, but it can definitely come in handy! On top of that, it boosts all allies attack and reduces all enemies defenses.
  • The Cryptid Collector - All foes cannot be healed. All allies inflict increased damage. All other allies gain spirit. An attack up buff with spirit gain and removing the ability for your enemies to heal? Very very useful.

Red:

• The Molten Magmanette - All allies cleanse negative effects and gain an attack boost. All enemies take more damage.
  • The Shrill Boltbeak - All foes take damage, all allies gain counterattack and gain an attack boost.

For 4 stars I’d pick the following:

Purple:

1. Gloomleer - It’s the only other dragon than Murky that has ability lock. Although it’s only for one enemy, the extra defense boost for all allies is a very useful addon.
  2. Obsurdian - All foes take damage and lose beneficial effects. It also cleanses negative effects from itself.

Yellow:

1. Bombwelter - Lifesteal from one enemy, increased attack to all allies and all allies guaranteed strong hit.
  2. Skywarden - All allies guaranteed strong hit, generate more spirit and gain counterattack
  3. Gladgut - All foes take damage and lose accuracy. All allies inflict increased damage.

Blue:

• Skrillcrusher - Clears all debuffs from your team and removes all buff from your enemies. Also attacks all enemies.
  • Tricky Two-Heads - All allies gain counterattack and bonus health. All foes lose accuracy.
  • Waveshaker - All foes take damage and take increased damage. Weakest ally gains a defense boost.

Green:

• Fendmender - Probably the single best healer we currently have. Heals all allies and the weakest ally gains bonus health. It also attacks all foes.
  • Revenger - Target foe takes damage. All other allies gain counterattack and generate more spirit.

Red:

• Son of Skullcrusher - A beefy tank. Target foe takes damage. SoS cleanses negative effects (from itself) and gains bonus health.
  • Fireshrike - Heals all allies. Gives itself an attack boost and cleanses negative effects (from itself).
4 Likes