Ludia Forums

My 8 and 9 year old lost all their data - iphone 8

both of them opened it up this morning, and i guess it prompted them for guest, Facebook id or apple id. The game wouldn’t start other wise. so i tried to log in with their Apple IDs, as one of my sons tried guest and it deleted all of his stuff. Logging into the other son’s with their apple ID still deleted all of their stuff. They both have special needs (autism) and this game is basically one of their calming mechanisms. They have both played enough to be level 10 / level 12 , both had the indomidus rex, and now are freaking out that all of their stuff is gone.

I have put in a ticket with the support team, but haven’t heard anything back. Sent their old trainer names, and the support ids or what ever. Is this even possible to fix? if it isn’t, I’m just going to delete the game off their phone so this doesn’t happen again…

Welcome to the forums, Matt_Cooper. I’m sorry to hear about what happened. Once our support team gets the chance to read your message, they will get back to you as soon as possible. You mentioned that you provided support IDs in your message. If you were referring to the support keys(8 characters), it will help the team locate your children’s accounts faster in our system. Your patience is appreciated!

Have you any idea of time scales as I’m having the same problem.
I’m also on an iPhone (XR) with membership
I’ve missed the raids and lost out over past 2 days. Not heard anything back yet.
Hope these accounts are fixed soon

I did include them in the tickets