My experience in Arena dropping

I dropped from 52xx to 41xx to farm Stygi. It was the first time since before the first tournament that I did it, and it was interesting.
It took me 3 days to drop and get back to 48xx. Along the way I saw many people who relied too much on RNG, many who lacked strategy/intuition, and a few who I look forward to seeing up in the Ranks when they get there. I also faced my first bot in months.

4 Likes

I might as well do some trophy dropping from Lockwood Estates to Jurassic Ruins
to farm some Gallimimus DNA.

1 Like

This is very true
So many people open with evasive stance or cloak.
Its such a boring way to play, i can imagine how lost they would feel if cloak/evasion was removed from the game.:joy:

2 Likes

Want some of mine? Lol

2 Likes

I had one opponent lead with their 23 Indoraptor, which was brought down to 500ish through Evasvie. They withdrew it, then sent it back out when they were down 2-1 and went Evasive AGAIN… and failed again for the loss :joy:

3 Likes

do you think they relied more on rng due to being lower level?

:joy:
I faced someone who put out an indo against my wounded gorgo(he was one shot awa from death) and they used evasive stance,needess to say gorgo penetrated stance with a crit😂
I didnt deserve to win,but did i enjoy it. It must be habit

I doubt it. The level difference was always only around 2-3, even when I got down to 42xx. The variety of creatures changed, but the Indo and Dilo were all around 22-25 and the rest of the team 20-24.

1 Like

I had a guy bring out a level 21 Indoraptor against my 20 Velociraptor, rather than trying to 1-shot me he popped Evasion, got smashed with Pounce through it, and killed by the next strike.

It was the first Indoraptor that was player controlled I ever faced! While It did scare me when I seen it come crawling creepily towards me, it was 2-shotted so LOL.

2 Likes

yeah i think cleanse wouldve taken you out

1 Like

Hey quick question…
When you arena drop for DNA, does the amount of inCubator DNA you get from arena winnings stay the same or does it drop also?

I tried this along while ago but it didn’t work too well for me, wondering if it’s worth revisiting

i dont really use evasive/cloak unless i am going to die for sure on the next hit or get stunned, etc. like erlidominus, irex, etc. i’m rampaging first because you might not even need to cloak if you kill the other dino. if you can ramapge with erlidominus, then cloak (and dodge) and rampage again. ton of damage (unless shield/armor).

1 Like

iirc it’s based on your player level, so it stays the same.

1 Like

The amount of DNA you get from each incubator DOES indeed decrease a little if you drop down to a lower arena! I know ive done it!

1 Like

I’m soooo confused :joy:
Lol, it’s okay. Thanks guys

I’m close to getting out of JR :crossed_fingers:t4:
Don’t think I’ll drop arenas any time soon (except right back to JR after one fight in Lockwood of course)

1 Like

Lol same happened to me when I first broke 4000…for all of ONE match lol

I’m glad we didn’t battle (I guess… unless you use a different IGN), I wonder how you would classify me :smile:

1 Like

Same name. If we ever cross paths in the Arena, I’ll get a good measure of your battle prowess :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’ll ask you here if it happens and you can give me the verdict :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like