Ludia Forums

My map is empty (SOLVED)

Me too. Now that update happened it’s no longer intermittent and not loading anything on map but empty roads.

With the new update, I am noticing after I dart dinosaurs, when the map page comes back up, it’s blank. A map doesn’t reload supply points and dinosaurs as it used to. I have to move away a quarter of a mile before the map reloads. Even After switching apps to try to get the map GPS to reset, that also doesn’t work to reset the mat. Please fix. I tried changing language settings and it didn’t work for me.

If they continue to ignore me I expect full reimbursement for my investment in this game. Still can’t explore at all and missing important strike event.

Emailed twice. Still NOTHING!

This is just what started happening to me. It’s frustrating…

I find that when it goes blank all of a sudden when outside, it sometimes help to switch page to another app then back then to the app again, and then finally back once more. Not the most elegant solution, but it’s something at least.

Most other times when the whole things is just blank and refuse to ever show, a reinstall is sadly the only solution. Something messed up in the code perhaps, I dunno. I just saw what worked for me.

My wife’s Android phone had a problem with the creatures disappearing, but also with the game freezing up entirely and not responding. Out of desperation, we tried clearing the application’s cache and it WORKED! No more lockups.

To clear cache on an android phone select “settings” (the gear cog), choose “Apps and Notifications” and then “App Info”. Scroll down to the “JW Alive” app, touch “Storage” and look at your cache size. If it is over 40 MB you probably have serious performance issues.

Touch the “Clear Cache” button on the upper right to return the cache to a normal size of zero.

Hey 6foot5shark, could you send me a private message on the forum of the email address you used to contact our support team and your support key? I’d be happy to check on this for you.

I am having exactly the same issue. It’s now like this for 4 days. I’ve been sending messages via the help function at least daily, without getting any reply…

I have been having this issue for weeks now and it’s getting worse. Areas that would always populate previously with no problem, are now blank in terms of dinosaurs and drops. The GPS is working properly. Shows the roads and buildings and my place on the map accurately, but zero dinos or drops. Occasionally I’ll go through an area where the map populates but 98% of the time it won’t. I’ve contacted Support multiple times. They told me to switch to English which was zero help as that has always been my setting. The problem is getting worse and worse and makes me want to quit the game. That said, I’m an Alliance leader so feel a responsibility to get this fixed. Any help is appreciated.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having this issue after trying the troubleshooting from our team, @Red13. Could you try going into your device’s Settings and clear the cache for the game and see if that works? However, please make sure that your game is linked to either your Google Play or Facebook account before doing so.

If the problem persists after doing that, please contact our support team again, and they could continue to investigate to see what the issue might be.

Thank you for responding. How do I go about clearing my cache? I am on an iOS device.

If you’re on an iOS device, you’ll need to reinstall the game to clear the cache. As always, please make sure that your game is linked to your Facebook account and that you have your support key saved before reinstalling. :slight_smile:

Same thing happened to me. Be careful if you uninstall the app. I did that & when I went to reinstall it, I lost my entire game. It’s been a week & I still can not get into it :cry:
I’ve been writing support & have not received any help.
The app just keeps starting me from scratch.