Ludia Forums

My Maths on Boost 2.0

Hi there, I see a lot of discussion about the Boost 2.0.
I’m a bit in the middle too, so I dediced to sit down and see the income given and then what Ludia asks us to spend on dino’s.

Maybe we can do this together so I see if follow the current update correctly.

Creating Your Endgame Dino’s SQUAD - Boosted to the max.

• Ingredients: 8x Level 30 Dinos.

COSTS
Dino Max level: 30
Boosts limit per dino: 30
Cost to max out boost: 30 x 100 = 3.000 Boosts spend per dino
3.000 x 8 (team) = 24.000 Boosts spend on total team

Weekly Boost earnings (following the announcement of Ludia)
100 Boosts per weekly strike event.
12 per day: 4/4/4 via Daily Battle Incubator (x7 = 84 Boosts) - they said another 100 Boosts per completing your Daily Battle Incubators… so this is either included the 84 or another 100 on top.

• Earnings per 15 minute incubator (1/1/1 = 3) *let’s leave this out of the total sum for now
  • Earning per Supply drop etc… *let’s leave this out of the total sum for now

Baseline Weekly earnings either: 184 / or 284.

• Let’s add option 3: instead of 100, Ludia gives us 25 per stat boost strike. 184-75= 109 (not what was announced but what we see ingame now, let’s hope it’s a bug)

Total Boost needed for team divided by weekly income:

1. 24.000 / 184 = 130,4 weeks
  2. 24.000 / 284 = 84,5 weeks
    -3)24.000 / 109 = 220,2 weeks
  1. You’ll have an endgame team in: 912 days = 2,49 years.
  2. You’ll have an endgame team in: 591,5 days = 1,62 years
    -3 You’ll have an endgame team in: 1.541,4 days = 4,22 years

Considering the fact there will be more boosts available, total scores will be below the mentioned outcome 1 or 2.

In 1,62 years or either 2,49 (left alone option 3: 4,22 years) the meta will have changed so much, that you will have migrated your boosts either within the dino or by that time you’ll have some new additions on your team.

Ludia roughly gave me back: 5.000 boosts. That would mean: 24.000 - 5.000 becomes 19.000
that would take me from now:

1. 19.000 / 184 = 103,2 weeks
  2. 19.000 / 284 = 66,9 weeks
    -3) 19.000 / 109 = 174,3 weeks
  1. I’ll have an endgame team in: 722,4 days = 1,97 years.
  2. I’ll have an endgame team in: 468,3 days = 1,28 years
  1. I’ll have an endgame team in: 1220 days = 3,34 years

For fun we can calculate the old system:

Creating Your Endgame Dino’s SQUAD - Boosted to the max = TIER 10

• Ingredients: 8x Level 30 Dinos.

Dino max level: 30
Boosts limit per dino: 2046 for TIER 10 per perk, 3 perks in total.
Cost to max out boost: 3 x 2046 = 6138 Boosts spend per dino
6138 x 8 (team) = 49.104 boosts spend on total team

Weekly Boost earnings (before)
25 Boosts per weekly strike event.
12 per day: 4/4/4 via Daily Battle Incubator (x7 = 84 Boosts)

• Earnings per 15 minute incubator (1/1/1 = 3) *didn’t exist
  • Earning per Supply drop etc… *didn’t exist.

Baseline Weekly earnings either: 109 (25 + 84)

Total Boost needed for team divided by weekly income:

1. 49.104 / 109 = 449,54 weeks
  1. You’ll have an ultra endgame team in: 3146 days = 8,6 years.

For sure we can debate on what endgame is really endgame, just to draw a line I choose it the highest ceiling possible.

Maybe I got it something massively wrong… Feel free to correct me.
If someone could add the time spent in Boost system 1, we can eventually add that to the whole as well, to see if it compensates for entering the new system.

6 Likes
  • I left the possibility of buying boosts out of the calculus, since I don’t know about people their financial input on the game besides gathering Hard Cash. Eventually there were 2 possibilities per week so again all the math above I tried to arrive to the most negative number, showing ultimate boundaries on this system.
3 Likes

Great work. I understand there are other factors, but a nice overall understanding of boosts cost.

1 Like

The finish line hasn’t moved further away, it’s actually a little closer. We’re just not racing dragsters anymore. :grin:

1 Like

Yes I noticed too.

Nevertheless I have been over optimistic and it seems option 3 is the current gameplan. I say they’ve played a clever trick card and gave a lot more depth to the game. Who knows what dinos will be introduced over that game-span.

One can never be to sure about pushing their boosts unless a dino is a real fit in the team. Having to reset a super boosted dino is a major setback!

Overall I say job well done to Ludia, they’ve taken away the arcade-mode of this thing now. I wonder what top level players think about this, I’m not even close to having a team of 8 x Level 30…

Will there be strike towers which offer 100 boost points? I don’t see any up to now.
I hope you are right.

They likely won’t. They say the DBI + strike tower should be 100 a week in total + the 3 boosts you get out of the 15 min incubators each.

No that was just me not reading the announcements correctly. I will correct the above.

Corrected:

Again they’ve added a lot of time to the game, I wonder when the aquatics drop :wink:

I made a post with a lot of the same math. Aplier made a post with a lot the same math.

Ultimately, it boils down to the new system is probably better for leveling mechanics than the old system but we lost value in the change and 99.9% of people are never getting that value back.

Basing everything on maxing is fine to show the theory, that is what I did. But it is not realistic to the average or even above average player simply because of the time it would take. While it is conjecture, we can not even be sure this system or this game would even last that long.

Value was taken from us and put way farther out to where most players will never see it.

There are many issues with both systems though…so I still cannot say which is or was better.