Ludia Forums

My problem with "the rat"

It’s not the lack of counter, i have ways to counter it no problem, my real problem is it’s existance kills the chance of using creatures i want, like say i want to use a dino with a move set that requires set up, like ferocius strike or putting up a shield, i’ll need 2-3 turns to get it running, sounds fun once i get it buffed up, but wait it gets 1 shot by swap in draco… oh this one can do the same and won’t get one shot, but wait after 1 hit it will be in range to get killed… well guess i’ll use the same 10 dinos everyone uses in the 170+ roster because any other either gets one shot or gets killed after one hit from another dino…
This is what annoys me the most about it, i want to try new team combinations but that swap in ability won’t let me, and honestly if one creature make you build teams almost entirely to defeat or survive it, that crearure need a rework

18 Likes

My only problems with the rat is 1) it’s way too easy to create and level up and 2) its wombo-combo. By that I mean it can Swap-In -> Regen -> Swap-Out -> Repeat.

7 Likes

Well said. I just got erlidom and spyx. They are basically DC bait. I can’t use them effectively if i have to prepare for 1-2 specific dinos. (counting monosteg as well since it is basically a weaker version)

5 Likes

Mono is still bearable, it’s attack is really low, and to boost it to a decent lvl it’ll need a lot, it’s still a problem for sure, but it doesn’t stop me from using any creature thinking it’ll get one shot, draco has too much attack and combine with boost equals no creature bellow 4k hp is viable

I added mono because i’ve seen teams running both. I kill rat and a mono comes in and wins the match or vice versa.

Urgh, that’s terrible…

I think some of the reasons you gave are the reasons the rat exists. It seems meant to be able to finish off a dino, but also to prevent someone from reinforcing their current dino.

But, I also cannot deny the ability to one shot is aggravating. I play heavy offense…so the rat is not super hard to deal with usually because I typically have something that can one shot it right back. I imagine playing balanced or heavy defensive may make the rat more a problem to handle as it swaps out and in.

The rat, its awesome and horrible.

The thing is these dinos take 2 to 3 turns to get set, and until then they already lost half or more of their HP, and most of the dinos that need to buff themselfs or put up shields or even bleed the oponent need that mechanic to be usable and not op, the fact that they need a few turns to get going is already their counter

I get it. But to me that is like saying its not fair that the opponent can use a dino that stops my dino from getting powerful enough to kill their dinos. It can be aggravating, but I do not see that as particularly unfair. Had the dino that needed to build up for a turn or two been able to reach its potential, it would have likely defeated one or more the op’s dinos. The rat can be a counter to that scenario.

I think in terms of fairness with the rat, the most unfair aspect is a one shot on a full health dino. I think in terms of preventing a build-up dino from reaching potential, the rat is fair.

That does mean though that the existence of the rat has to be considered when team building.

The strange thing is that Ludia have nerfed the rat to a certain degree, yet on the other hand the nerf is wiped out with boosts.

People say we should counter the rat with tanks.
I’ve never understood how this works since tanks don’t have enough attack to finish the rat in one, so it regens and comes back to do it again later.

I am happy enough with a couple of strong dinos that will kill the rat in one and usually get a counter kill in when I’m ratted. Unless of course it’s the last battle at 2-2 and then one has to wonder if they’ll swap it in to get the win. :thinking:

“People say we should counter the rat with tanks.
I’ve never understood how this works since tanks don’t have enough attack to finish the rat in one, so it regens and comes back to do it again later.”

I agree.

“I play heavy offense…so the rat is not super hard to deal with usually because I typically have something that can one shot it right back. I imagine playing balanced or heavy defensive may make the rat more a problem to handle as it swaps out and in.”

A rat with 3500+ health though…that is pretty hard to deal with.

The only way tanks seem to counter Draco is if Draco decides to actually fight on the field.

2 Likes

I remember we used to battle down to the last sliver of health, surviving with 11 hp and taking the win. But now if you got less than 4000 hp you just die.

Players are also so entrenched in the Rategy that even when your dino dies next hit and their dino is faster, they rat anyway…coz why not?

Game was never the same after it’s infestation. It’s called Rat for a reason lol.

Ridiculously Aggravating Tactic (R.A.T).

3 Likes

Baldcat is an expert rat counter

5 Likes

As long as its stun works.

Well it has armor to survive the Rampage, and it is guaranteed to be faster. 9 times out of 10 you can kill the rat with it, even if the stun fails :sunglasses:

Well it has armor

Wait, what?

1. no armor, high health, but no armor
  2. there are a few levels where there is a rounding error and it doesn’t have the damage to kill an equal level DC in 1 shot.
  3. I love using her anyway.
3 Likes

Oh I must have had it confused with the turtle hybrid :upside_down_face:
It’s still one of the best options for rat countering :fist:

1 Like

That Rat is most likely the reason we are getting the turtle as a daily mission reward. It’s like releasing one invasive animal to try and control another. The second never controls the first. It only adds more problems.

3 Likes