Ludia Forums

Nerf instant invincibility

Dear ludia,
What happened to instant invincibility? It use to be sheild for one turn to block one attack. Now it blocks for 2 turns which is devastating to any creature that dosent have a defense shattering ability. Especially with creatures that can slow other creatures. Please need this attack

11 Likes

When reading the release notes I was under the impression that 2 attacks for 1 turn meant this:

1. In RAID 2 attacks for 1 turn as there are multiple opponents that attack per turn.
  2. In ARENA it would still be the 1 turn as in most cases besides counter-attack and swap in there will only ever be one attack.

I realised this was not what it means, but this is an example of how adjustments for RAID is not separated for ARENA.

11 Likes

EXACTLY. Thats also what I thought, but I guess we expected too much from Ludia…

3 Likes

That’s true, but it isn’t the reason for the Instant Invincibility change.

Turns for shields and evasion are counted from the user’s perspective now. Basically, the shield will last until your dino carries out the number of turns it’s supposed to last for, unless the opponent attacks it enough times.

For Instant Invincibility, this means the shield lasts until the user attacks.

Also, it is possible to have 2 attacks in 1 turn in PvP. Just use a hit-and-run move into a SI-damage dino.

It’s an absolute joke, and is ruining the arena experience even further if that’s at all possible.

Why give pretty much every Dino the ability to uncloak, then give a monster like Ardentismaxima a double invincibility shield?

It was great to see a patch coming next week for some fixes to things that don’t really matter. Fixes that will have the payers deliberately aborting the game when they know they will lose a match. But what we really need is some proper balancing to create a less toxic arena.

So drop this crazy 2 turn invincibility, sort the cloaked or indeed sort what rampage is what nonsense surrounding Erlidom and other cloakers, and for goodness sake, test out the logic of what you are doing before you release a massive patch like this.

5 Likes

Well it depends on if the creature that used instant is faster on the next turn unless nullified or shattered cause it happens with dig in too

But the description is written FOR Raids, and not clearly written for PvP.

Some, not experienced to the changes of 2.0, or new to the game will likely read 100% shields for 2 attacks, lasting 1 turn. This clearly indicates the shield is for 1 turn and 1 turn only.

IF in PvP arena there is only 1 attack against the shield, which in most cases will be true, then by that wording it provides an expectation that the shield will only last for 1 turn but can protect for upto 2 attacks in that one turn.

[quote=“Qaw, post:4, topic:142105”]
Also, it is possible to have 2 attacks in 1 turn in PvP. Just use a hit-and-run move into a SI-damage dino.[/quote]
Yes I stated that in my post.

1 Like

Actually, in PvP more often that not you’ll find that there are 2 attacks. Instant Invincibility Taunt (the move I assume you’re referring to) is on slow creatures. This means that that the opponent will almost always go first, meaning the shield will have to block 2 hits, not 1.

3 hits is possible too, with a hit-and-run into a swap-in. You did mention it, but you can’t just rule out that possibility, because it can and does happen. Not including that 3rd turn in the description would just be wrong, both from an accuracy standpoint and a common sense standpoint.

The description is not at all exclusive to raids. That goes for descriptions like that of Dig-In, but not Instant Invincibility Taunt.

Also, I’m sensing a misconception here. In the PvP arena, even outside of swap-in attack combos and counter-attacks (the latter isn’t even applicable to shields and evasion), it is possible to have 2 attacks in 1 turn. If this confuses you, that means you need to re-read my original post.

Ok guys, I don’t understand, but I just faced Ardentismaxima in the arena and it’s invincibility lasted against 2 of my moves from Erlidom.

So I was faster, and it still resisted 2 attacks

What i’m getting at is it states it lasts for 1 turn. It makes it sound like it can protect upto 2 attacks in one turn regardless of whether there were two attacks or not it would disappear after one turn.

2 Likes

Unless i’m completely confused by all of this, isn’t that what it is meant to do? Protect against 2 attacks?

1 Like

I’m guessing I’m confused too!

So you have a tank that has potentially some of the highest health in the game, and some armour, and you then give it a move that makes it invincible against a glass cannon for two moves.

Welcome to the world of Ludia logic… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

We can discuss how it’s worded and how it’s functioning according to patch notes all we want, we can all agree it’s completely busted right now. Couple that “new” mechanic with tryko and maxima and it makes them impossible to revenge kill with non shield breaking dino. This adds to the mountain of stuff that counters the poor speedsters which are essentially irrelevant right now.

Fast creatures already bad in this meta(except magna) and instant invincibility just makes it worse. You cant even you a speedster for revenge kill. Instant invincibility, slow, rampage = you are dead without doing damage.

It really must be an oversight mustn’t it?
How can you effectively make so many creatures so completely irrelevant and others so overpowered and not know that’s what you’ve done?

1 Like

If there weren’t 2 attacks in that turn it’ll still disappear.

@Schtemty, you might want to read this:
Turns for shields and evasion are counted from the user’s perspective now. Basically, the shield will last until your dino carries out the number of turns it’s supposed to last for, unless the opponent attacks it enough times before your dino carries out that number of turns.

In case you still haven’t got it, I’ll break it down for you.

Pre-2.0- Case 1) Ardentismaxima uses Instant Invincibility against a faster Erlidominus. Since 2.0 hasn’t been implemented yet, shield turns are counted from the opponent’s perspective, meaning when the Erlidominus attacks the shield, 1 turn is completed and the shield disappears.

Case 2) Ardentismaxima uses Instant Invincibility against a slower Erlidominus. Since 2.0 hasn’t been implemented yet, shield turns are counted from the opponent’s perspective, meaning when the Erlidominus attacks the shield, 1 turn is completed and the shield disappears.

Post 2.0- Case 1) Ardentismaxima uses Instant Invincibility Taunt against a faster Erlidominus. Since 2.0 has been implemented, shield turns are counted from the user’s perspective, meaning when the Erlidominus attacks the shield, zero turns pass since Ardentismaxima didn’t use a turn. Then the Erlidominus attacks again, and the shield disappears because although zero turns have passed, it has taken the maximum of 2 attacks.

Case 2) Ardentismaxima uses Instant Invincibility Taunt against a slower Erlidominus. Since 2.0 has been implemented, shield turns are counted from the user’s perspective, meaning that when the Erlidominus attacks the shield, zero turns pass since Ardentismaxima didn’t use a turn. Then Ardentismaxima, being faster, attacks next, and the shield wears off because a turn has passed.

1 Like

So this should not happen then…

Me: Orion
Opp: Maxima

Turn 1
Maxima - Instant Invincibility Taunt
Orion - Crafty Strike

Turn 2
Orion - Crafty Strike
Maxima - something else.

So on turn 1 & 2 Maxima takes zero damage.

The description states one turn, and in this scenario 1 turn was the turn the shield was created because it went first. The shield being up the next turn makes it 2 turns.

Sighs. Read my explanation, please. And no, I’m not making this stuff up, I’m literally telling y’all what the release notes say.

Either way @Qaw my point remains.
It’s a crazy way too overpowered move to give a tank like Ardentismaxima and it’s effectively made so many creatures irrelevant now.

Thanks for breaking it down and explaining it, but as the saying goes … you can polish it up and candy coat it all you like but what it is remains the same. And this new move is certainly that :wink:

1 Like

EDIT: I just read what you put.

But where does it say anywhere that it is now counted from the users perspective? Was that in the release notes somewhere?