Nerf sarcorixis

Endgame fierce beat it, but in lower arenas only two fierce beat it indom g2 and entlochops. I do agree with you on the small nerf part, it needs less damage because of how much health and armor it has. Even bleeders like thyla and suchotator can’t beat it because of this move order :
Immobilize - GSS - Ferocious Impact - Repeat

1 Like

Yeah, at it does need more counters at it’s own rarity (kind of like Phorusaura). I’m definitely thinking a damage nerf is the way to go. Then if you do want to open with RS or Immobilize-> GSS, you wouldn’t get as much damage output. I’m liking 1000 attack. This is what both of it’s components have.

2 Likes

That would actually let bleeders attack it lol, then rixis can’t just stunlock creatures and finish them off with a fi, it would actually need to go fi first to deal damage. I like that too

1 Like

I think 1000 damage is too harsh, It could even be way too weak to use, i wouldn’t nerf It further than 1200. As a fierce-resilient without shattering moves It needs the damage output. I think epic superhybrids should be endgame viable, even If they aren’t as strong as unique or legendary superhybrids. The issue with the tournament is that we are fighting some superhybrids with other hibrids, of course the superhybrids are stronger than the hybrids most of the time, but it’s supposed to be that way.

7 Likes

Eh, it might be too harsh. But it also isn’t currently a fierce resilient, it’s pure resilient (though it does have fierce ancestry). In my class system explaination I think I said that it could be classified as a fierce-resilient, although it was a fringe case since Ferocity was not what I considered to be a primary fierce ability. The damage boost on a resilient is really what is being modified here. It essentially acts as a 2.25x attack, and every resilient with an attack nearing that power multiplier (like devestation) typically have quite low attacks. The damage nerf essentially turns ferocious Impact from a powerful finisher into a necessity to access Rixises full potential, and I think that helps balance out the stalling and advantage-gaining power of it’s other moves. How far that nerf would need to go relies on simulations, 1000 was just a guess based on similar damage boosting dinos (like Pteranodon with 900 attack) and the attack stats of both of Rixes’ components.

I also think that epic superhybrids should absolutely be endgame viable, but the trick is to achieve that while giving them counters in their own rarity for the sake of tournaments and early arenas.

2 Likes

That’s the hard thing to do, making an epic endgame viable while also keeping it balanced is hard. Creatures like indom g2 which are broken in the lower arenas are easily dealt with in higher ones

2 Likes

Ideally, you would rework all the Epic hybrids in one go, and change Rixis based on them. Otherwise it’s just a guessing-game.

4 Likes

Lookin at you Majubdaboa and Schaphotator…

That’s the thing, right now there’s some epic superhybrids that you can take to the top of the leaderboard, and there are others that are useless the minute you unlock them. A more substantial rebalancing of all epic superhybrids/hybrids is definitely warranted.

8 Likes

I wish they could do it more like jwtg, with clear classes and advantages based on them. Many problems in this his game would be solved. Diplodocus wouldn’t inhale fierce creatures, the old ardentis would be balanced, cleansing moves on fierce creatures wouldn’t be as broke

Yeah, that’s the trick, i think Thyla is the perfect exemple of an epic superhybrid that is viable endgame but still perfectly balanced in tournaments.

Me calling sarco a fierce-resilient is mostly cause of the ingredients, It would be more accurate. There are a lot of classifications that make no sense like gemini being pure resilient with a 2x damage shattering move lol

I think besides nerfing the damage to 1200 and buffing the pure fierce hybrids (they really suck right now, looking at gorgo, posti…), nothing else should be done

4 Likes

Don’t say those names, they make me cry every time I hear them lol. My poor posti went from 3-0ing to being beat by resilients

3 Likes

Gonna have to disagree there. I prefer it the way it is, but if Ludia doesn’t wise up fast that might be only way for them to realistically balance the game.

I hope it doesn’t come to that, but Ludia is Ludia…

2 Likes

Lol you’re preaching to the choir there :joy:

Like I said, Fierce-Resilient would fit Sarcorixis as it is now, but if they actually want it to function more like a traditional resilient, it needs an attack nerf. But as we’ve learned in other situations, we also need to be careful not to go too far.

You also make some good points about buffing some other epic fierce hybrids. They gutted my boy Gorgosuchus worse then they did to Tryo, and the only good fierce hybrid seems to be Indominus G2, which relies on Cloak to access it’s full damage.

5 Likes

Honestly the class system, when it does work, works great. There are just a few standout cases that need to be brought into line, usually because they fail to fall within this system (like Diplo beating T Rex and Allosaurus G2, dinos that should counter it).

4 Likes

Yeah, i really hate what they did to them. They have really poor damage output for pure fierce dinos and the group ferocious strike should have the damage buff active for 3 turns, not just 2. The immunity to decel is perfect but they need to have more damage, even If in exchange for a bit of HP. The current build isn’t good.

4 Likes

Why even give rares raid oriented moves? No one uses rares for raids. Except for cheese strats. If they add common and rare raids then they have a reason to exist lol

4 Likes

Oh my, those reaaally need a buff. Give majundaboa 4200 HP and i think it’s good. Scaphotator got an improvement in kit but it’s stats are horrendous. Diplotator is 100x better than it(not to mention way more beautiful and fabulous). I don’t know If It needs a kit change, but those stats gotta go up

4 Likes

I know right? Scapotator is a superhybrid for the love of err… gosh.

2 Likes

Yeah Scaphotators attack is so low. The second lowest in the whole game! They force you to rely on bleed, but a) DoT cleansing is much more common now and b) it’s wounding attacks aren’t that strong to begin with. Even it’s health isn’t high enough to survive long enough to get in, wound, and get out. Stat buffs, especially to attack, are definitely needed. If they won’t significantly increase it’s attack, maybe give it distracting rampage to increase it’s damage output that way? I don’t want to get too off topic though, this thread is about Rixis :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I would go with about 3000 HP and 1300-1400 damage without changing the kit.

I mean, to balance rixys we need to balance other superhybrids, so i’d say it’s still on topic :man_shrugging: :laughing:

4 Likes