Ludia Forums

New Aquatic Creature!

Yep. Who knows everyone thought iguanodon would have the para animation and then got a new one

2 Likes

Para g2 needs a remodel, it would look amazing with the actual hadrosaur model.

Anyway clidastes fits more with the fin shapes suggested by @ZenoRex.

2 Likes

Yep. I hope we also have a new reef creature soon

2 Likes

That’s the jw mosa, a real life one looked a lot more like this:

Which looks fairly similar to the teaser.

4 Likes

Yeah it does unfortunately, but they said in the newsletter a new species has been identified so I’m holding out some hope that it’s not a mosasaur.

2 Likes

Mosasaurus Gen 3? :joy:

3 Likes

I anyway think the creature is Clidastes. Both look very similar.

1 Like

basilosaurus probably??

2 Likes

Ludia will surprise us and it will be a new 50k VIP reef creature, and metoposaurus will be demoted to a 10 k creature since we just had the tournament for it.

8 Likes

I REALLY hope it’s not a VIP creature. Also, if she was, then there should be said that it is.

Ofc but they will do this after putting metopo on sale from friday for 50k so people like me will purchase it :joy:

3 Likes

Platecarpus is one of the aquatics from JPB that currently isn’t this game. So that’s my best guess.

1 Like

I don’t think it is. The tail shape is different.

Yeah but then would they make a hype for it in the Newsletter though which has subscribers of even non-paying players? :thinking:

Not saying they wouldn’t, just wondering if they would :eyes:

3 Likes

I hope so :crossed_fingers:

I’m pretty sure they did back when anky g2 was released, cant really remember though…

Hey if it’s a new reef il take any rarity tbh.

2 Likes

I can at least say for certain that it will be a reef creature. Both the Surface and Reef backdrops are the same open water with a clear view of the lakebed, but the pic is darker, closer to the ground, and a clear view of the viewing tunnels behind her.

My best guess is that it’ll have new animations and become a tournament dino, much like Brachi. A little disappointed if she is a tourney dino, but hopefully she has stats similar to Plesiosuchus, and can really suppress the surface meta.

2 Likes

Ok, so I’ve been doing some more research, and I found another aquatic dinosaur that looks similar to the one in the poster:

Plesiotylosaurus, meaning “near Tylosaurus” is an extinct genus of marine lizard belonging to the mosasaur family. It is classified as part of the Mosasaurinae family, alongside genera like Mosasaurus and Prognathodon. The genus contains one species, Plesiotylosaurus crassidens, recovered from deposits of Middle Maastrichtian in the Moreno Formation in California.

I think the aquatic dinosaur is more likely going to be a mosasaur because of the overall shape rather than Basilosaurus, looking at the whale’s size and tail shape. There are chances that it will be Platecarpus because it was in JPB. Clidastes is still my best guess, though because it looks very alike the dinosaur in the poster.

4 Likes

After discussion and research, the new aquatic creature best matches basilosaurus. The tail shape, head and tiny flippers match and the creature previously featured in Jurassic Park Builder.

3 Likes

If it were basilosaur it would make sense for it to be a reef wouldnt it? I mean it preyed on pretty much all the surface types.