Ludia Forums

New darting mechanic

So since 1.12 brings some darting changes, lets see what people think.

I’ve stuck to the default one for now, which should be the same as before. However, it now has a little dot in the middle of it which is irritating me as it looks like a speck of dirt when i’m darting! :joy:

10 Likes

I tried the new Veteran mode, it was a little too stiff for me to use. I might try it out and get used to it soon though.

1 Like

Rookie one works like a magnet if you aren’t a dead bullseye.

1 Like

I hate that dot so much! Very distracting.

10 Likes

Yeah the new crosshair has to go.

6 Likes

Yeah! First bit of feedback! The little dot in the crosshairs have to go @J.C :grinning: It’s one of those “little” things that literally annoy you.

3 Likes

Maybe if the dot was bigger?
Right now it’s just plain invisible half the time and I have to guesstimate where the center is

1 Like

Maybe they should just keep it on the rookie version, not the default version.

1 Like

seen and noted

4 Likes

Veteran mode is quite ok. But new crosshair is really horrible! Its just like @W1ckety says - guess time where invisible centre is. Classic mode seems different to me. Its somehow more slippery, seems like different mechanics. Rookie mode worst.

Edit: veteran is ok only on slow dinos
Best is classic but crosshair needs to be fixed

1 Like

There was nothing wrong with the old crosshair and now this abomination.

2 Likes

Just got home from work and downloaded the new update. I’ve tried the veteran and I much prefer that. I quite like the crosshairs too. I don’t find it a distraction and even found it a little helpful sometimes.

3 Likes

Rookie is definitely rookie.
Veteran is kinda weird. It’s like 1.11 but with brakes on the drone when you remove your finger.
Classic isn’t quite 1.11, it’s a tad more sensitive.

2 Likes

Those little crosshairs are pretty annoying. I haven’t had any real trouble with it though. I aim by using the zoomed-in circle to center the dot

I like the crosshairs. Maybe if there was some place where you could customize your drone’s targeting features too, that would be even cooler! :slight_smile:
Maybe even add things like the creature’s heart rate at the bottom to let you know in advance when it’s going to start running. Optional, could throw some people off, but some people like that kind of hyperanalytical feel. I might

1 Like

Thank goodness I’m not the only one. I keep thinking it’s a speck of dirt on my screen and almost trying to wipe it off before I realize it’s part of the screen.

3 Likes

That’s how I see it too, really annoying.

I agree that, at the least, it could be kept in Rookie Style.

There are players that wanted the crosshairs colors changed. The pulsating blue against the blue map isn’t easy for new players.

I do like what @Kadaxas said about customizing it. I am used to the change now. Veteran Style is a new challenge though!

I got used to the aiming dot rather quickly. Tried all three modes, and I like veteran the best. For me it’s an improvement over the old classic mode.

3 Likes

:arrow_double_up:

This. I hope they keep these. I wouldn’t use rookie or go back to the default one .

3 Likes