Ludia Forums

New Dino Type added

There are land and flying dinos so why are there no aquatic dinos? They could add a bunch of those and only make them compatible to hybrid with other aquatics and. Not on land. Share your options why they might not have done this yet ( besides the fact that the game has no arenas that would look correct with water dinos without him

1 Like

We should really just have an auto feature that lumps all of the “add aquatics” threads into 1 and then sends you a message that simply says “NO”. Where would you go to hunt them? What if you live somewhere landlocked? Would crab fishermen have an unfair advantage? What arena would they fight in and does a Trex fight under water or does a Mosa fight on land? Essentially what you’re asking for is a companion game, not a feature of this 1

1 Like

I hope that as 2019 was the Age of Mammals, that 2020 is going to be the Age of Sea Monsters. :crossed_fingers:

Aquatics could just appear as normal on the map. That would not hinder any thing. I do think that an Aquatics only Arena is going to be needed though, same as Jurassic World the Game.

3 Likes

Maybe the person could press a button to reveal an aquatic map? Like your on top of a lake

3 Likes

Bruh like the others said, it wouldn’t be a problem finding the aquatic animals on the map just like any other Dino. It a game and it doesn’t have to be completely realistic. They could just spawn on land, because it would be better to have a variety of ALL the dinos than just land because they’re trying to keep it “realistic”

1 Like

I disagree, even knowing it’s a silly game having a Plesiosaur go floating by a Trex is too surreal and silly. In the arena they what, float above the ground? As I said, what’s being described is a companion game but doesn’t work in JWA

Like Pokemon Go? They’ve got sea creatures floating over land. I don’t like that idea for this game, though.
The best way I can think of for implementing aquatic creatures is to only gather their DNA through incubators or special events. I’m not sure I’d even much like the idea of them spawning everywhere there’s water, like they have in PoGo. A Mosasaur in an 8-feet-wide creek? Wouldn’t be that bad, but kinda iffy. And if aquatics are worth using (which they’d have to be), it’d be unfair to the people who live at landlocked deserts.
An aquatic-only arena I could imagine. Or there could occasionally be rare special events where everyone (or an alliance all together) fights a giant aquatic creature, and everyone’s sending their land dinos against an aquatic reaching out of the tank/beach/whatever. If you have an aquatic creature, it would only be useful in specific water battles or this special raid event.

1 Like

Ok , I get your opinion but yeah I still think it wouldn’t be a problem woth them “floating” if they added aquatic dinos I don’t think anyone would care as long as they could get them.

1 Like

So the map is capable of zoning parks and it has water features on the map. Would it be possible to have “water spawns?” In order to avert the danger of such, you could create a “siren call” to attract water spawns to the shore. Not sure if this is a good idea, but there might be something in there…

That would be an okay idea. So you’re saying like in Pokémon go, an aquatic Dino would only be able to battle in events and specific arena, kinda like a legendary raid in Pokémon go? Where you can fight with legendaries but can’t put them in a gym because it would be too “OP”?

1 Like

Your idea sounds fine to me, but a lot of people disagree and don’t want aquatics in this game, even though they have water animals on land in Pokémon go and you don’t have to go in the water to get them, and you can battle with them when they’re not in water, so it wouldn’t be that difficult or “dumb” to add this idea in.

Yeah, like that

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.