Ludia Forums

New Fossil Feature

Where to find:

Fossils will randomly generate around the map similar to dinosaurs. They will appear as different parts of a skeleton.

What they do:

Unlike dinosaurs you can’t tell what they are by plain sight, when you press on them it will show at the top if the screen which dinosaur the bones belong to. You can use coins to extract DNA from the bones.

Rarities:

Another thing similar to the dinosaurs is that a light will appear below the bones to display the Rarity. But bones has a 1 in 100 chance of being a legendary, and a 1 in 500 chance of being a unique (you can modify the chances to fit your likings).

How much DNA you earn:

The bone type will present how much DNA you will earn. There will be 3 types of bone structures, a leg that gives you 5 of that dinosaur’s DNA, the ribcage that gives you 10, and the skull which gives you 15.

How much it costs to extract:

to extract a common, it would cost 50 coins. to extract a rare, 100 coins. to extract an epic, 500 coins. to extract legendary, 1000 coins. finally, to extract a unique, it would cost 5000 coins (if you do implement this feature, feel free to modify it anyway you want).

Achievements:

there could be an achievement where you have to extract a certain amount of DNA from fossils, which when you complete it gives you an exclusive fossil icon that you can use on your avatar, such as a t-rex skull. I also like the idea of visiting real life dig sites to earn crazy rewards, so here’s the plan. Each region has its own yearly event that lasts a month, and since most people would have to travel far to get to them, the incubator would give you massive rewards, such as legendary DNA and potentially unique DNA.

concept art:

jurassic world alive concept art 1

Hope this gets through to you ludia,

TheCobraEye

10 Likes

Good idea.

1 Like

thx, its my first ever suggestion, and im thinking of making concept art for it

1 Like

Nice idea. But a skull should give more dna than a ribcage in my opinion

3 Likes

Yes. You right.

1 Like

Gotta be really nice feature!

1 Like

ok, also ive created some concept art which i will attach

concept art added :slight_smile:

i have an ideas on that too! We can choose extract dna from fossil and the fossil gone or combine the fossil and make it a display on your profile page or alliance page!
You might like it @TheCobraEye

2 Likes

I like that idea, maybe there could be like an achievement where you have to extract a certain amount of DNA from fossils, which when you complete it gives you an exclusive icon that you could use on either your avatar or alliance

1 Like

I had the idea of a new world map collection. It shows you a region where creatures have been discovered and when you completed the collection you get a incubator as a reward. Here are some examples

Morrison formation collection :
Stegosaurus
Allosaurus
Apatosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Allosaurus gen 2
Diplodocus

Reward : morrison formation incubator

Hell creek formation collection :
Triceratops gen 2
Stiggymoloch gen 2
Dracorex gen 2
Ankylosaurus gen 2
Dracorex
Triceratops
Struthiomimus
T rex
Stiggymoloch
Dakotaraptor
Ankylosaurus

Reward : hell creek incubator

Mammoth steppe collection :
Elasmotherium
Megaloceros
Wolly rhino
Wolly mammoth

Reward : mammoth steppe incubator

2 Likes

I like that idea, but maybe each region has its own yearly event that lasts a month, and since most people would have to travel far to get to them, the incubator would give you massive rewards, such as legendary DNA and potentially unique DNA.

1 Like

Also, the dinosaurs that used to live in that certain region could spawn more frequently there as its the perfect climate for them.

The skull has more dna they the ribcage as @TheCobraEye said

1 Like

I changed it after he sent that

adding more concept art now