Ludia Forums

New hybrid - Giraffaplotator

Hey everyone :slight_smile: I had a discussion with my girlfriend recently about the abundance of Diplocalus DNA in our region (it is everywhere! ) and what we could possibly do with it… So I thought about it today and decided to try making a hybrid called Giraffaplotator.
It’s not something wildly interesting, I admit, but it could be a new jack-of-all-trades Legendary with a nice swap-in skill to counter Dracoceratops, rampages and overboosted attackers. Also, Giraffa is not vital in the current meta, while Diplotators are super easy to make.
It is worth mentioning that I’d love to see more dinos having these two skills in particular - Decelerating Rampage and Swap in Distraction. Both are very useful and can turn the tide of a battle, but very few dinosaurs have them.
I hope you enjoy the artwork :slight_smile:

Edit: turns out I am missing a skill here! All hybrids have 4 skills regardless of swap in abilities. Oops :confused:

Giraffaplotator

23 Likes

Hey stoian. that looks awesome! I love the spikes on the neck. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you Ned! Glad you like it. It took some time to figure out how to adapt Diplotator’s horns… No problem with the back frill though :smiley:

2 Likes

Its not rainbow colored enough for me lol. Also its missing the Goofey nose that i adore.

4 Likes

Ahh I agree about the rainbow colors! Not that I nailed it with these colors, but I kinda wanted to tone down the rainbowness a bit :smiley:
Sorry about the nose though :confused:

1 Like

How about a Ferocious or Shielding (because of Bellow) move as the fourth move? Ferocious Strike is a really important part of what Diplotator is about after all.

2 Likes

I think they sorta look like crab legs lol.

1 Like

It looks amazing!

1 Like

That is an excellent idea, Ferocious Strike could provide an edge if the base damage of this seemingly tanky creature is low

Are you aware of the artwork thread on this forum? I would like to see more of your ideas :+1::blush:

2 Likes

That’s a nice idea. But don’t remove Swap in Slow.
Nullifying Strike or Distracting Strike
Nullifying Impact or Distracting Impact
Defence Shattering Impact/Rampage
Decelerating Rampage.
Swap in Slow.

1 Like

Distraction is the basic attack. Distracting strike has a cooldown. Having 4 moves with a cooldown would not be good

Yes, I concur with Erlikg2.

Distraction could be good base move, then Nullifying Impact, Decelerating Rampage, and Ferocious Strike/Impact.

1 Like

Sorry my mistake. I meant Distraction like Monostego.

1 Like

I agree, Swap in slow is useful in a lot of cases, but my idea was for a pre-emptive counter to Draco and hard-hitting attacks. I think the game is lacking in this area (not that I have tested all dinos but still). Swap in stun is very unreliable. Swap in invincibility works vs Draco, but not vs any shield breaking move, and those usually deal a lot of damage. Generally I was looking for a reliable panic button on par with Instant Distraction, but working also on other swap in moves.
What if it had both Swap in slow and Swap in distraction? Too powerful?

No creature has two swap-in abilities. It’ll probably stay that way, but who knows?