Ludia Forums

New Legendary Dragon for 2021/2022?

Submaripper (the Legendary one) was teased back in June 2020, and released back in July 2020.

Do you think we will have a new Legendary Dragon this year? If so, what Legendary do you want to see? Any ideas about what their boost should do?

2 Likes

My thoughts are: Fathomfin, being a water based dragon who can increase chances of better Journey rewards for 24 hours

Secondly, Lycanwing (I’d still like to think it’s an actual dragon) being a dragon hidden in forested area. Lycanwing could cut the timer for Eret’s Amber conversion, or perhaps allow for it convert more Amber at a time?

Thirdly, to bring in some Rescue Riders content, Songwing from that series. To go with the whole song thing, no boost. Collects items for collections for dragons but…allows the player to change the music of the game to other HTTYD licensed music.

2 Likes

Luminous_Krayfin_Adult_Transparent

Fourth, the Luminous Krayfin would increase the speed search of the other legendary dragons.

2 Likes

Golden_Dragon_Transparent (1)

Fifth, the Golden Dragon would decrease chances of hatching dragon eggs faster.

2 Likes

Sixth, the Foreverhorn would speed up the journey times.

2 Likes

All wicked ideas @Martin_Liu1

1 Like

Depends on how much time those boosts will decrease. Shellfire’s boost already does all those things.

2 Likes

While these are great ideas, I doubt Rise of Berk would add any Rescue Riders dragons. Dean DeBlois himself confirmed that the series isn’t canon to the main franchise, and Ludia can’t add anything in the games without DreamWorks’ approval.
On the other hand, I really hope we get to see the Fathomfin, considering we also have the Purple Death and Ripwrecker, which both originated in the comics, as well as the Silkspanner, which debuted in the graphic novels.
At this point, I would like to see any new species in the game. The last one was the Crimson Goregutter, which was introduced in December 2019, almost a year and a half ago.

2 Likes

Seventh, the Chillblaster would boost the training of Snow Wraith dragons only or revive all 5 dragons in Defend Berk.

1 Like

Why would you want to change the season?

1 Like

Eighth, the Alpha Shadow would boost the training times of Small Shadow dragons only or increase Toothless’ chance of getting eggs/collectibles.

1 Like

Ninth, the Titanwing Dramillion would boost the training times of Dramillion dragons only or boost the revive times in Gauntlet.

1 Like

Tenth, the Berserker Bewilderbeast would boost the search times of Valka’s Bewilderbeast & Drago’s Bewilderbeast only or boost Brawl stats .

1 Like

Again, it all depends on how long those boosts last, and how much time is decreased. The Shellfire already decreases Training time & Legendary search time, so having a brand new Legendary that only affects a specific type of dragon is impractical. As well as the fact that some Legendary boosts don’t stack. I’d rather have a Legendary that boosts Brawl stats, increases Toothless’ chance of getting eggs/collectibles, or increasing luck in Journeys (or even Titan training).

1 Like

Eleventh, Krogan’s Singetail would boost the training times of Singetail dragons only or increase luck in Journeys (or even Titan training).

1 Like

Twelfth, the Red Death would boost the search times of the Green Death & the Purple Death.

1 Like

Yes, but why? If it’s for pure aesthetic, then that might take considerable programming, taking into account the number of players that would change it to the different seasons and how many times they would change. Also if this would affect both the Seasonal market & Amber market (can you imagine having a Spring Seasonal market but your Berk is in Fall?). If it’s to collect from Season statues sooner, what about those who already have all 4 Season statues? No matter what season you’re in, you’ll always have one statue to collect from every 16h, while the other 3 will still be every 36h.

1 Like

Thirteenth, the Sea Gronckle would boost the hatch times of dragon eggs.

1 Like

All good ideas @Martin_Liu1 but several already exist in relation to the timers. Having specific Dragons boosted opens up to potentially endless legendaries too.

I could see that we may eventually get Great Protector, or it’s offspring, as the next one. Collections for Eruptodons and maybe it helps with a large fireball attack in Defend Berk? Pay 70 runes and get a large fireball to use in your next Defend mission that does large damage?

1 Like

I think it would be nice to have a Legendary whose Collections are of a specific Dragon class (Stoker, Mystery, Tidal, Boulder, etc.). As far as I know, there is no current use for Dragon classes.

2 Likes