Ludia Forums

New mechanic idea: The Poison

As the “heal by percentage of the hp” mechanic has returned with the flocks, with their “Rally Heal” moves such as “Protective Alert”, i will make the “DoT by damage percentage” return too, but as a different mechanic that is DoT, but not bleed, it´s the Poison, which applies DoT but also swap prevention (this swap prevention will always last the same amount of turn the DoT does, making sure that the poisoned dino recieves all the DoT in the case it can´t escape), it´s fierce ofc, and creatures that will surely be getting it are: Diloranosaurus, Diloracheirus, Dilophosaurus, Dilophosaurus Gen2, Dilophoboa, Spinoconstrictor, Troodon and Ovilophosaurus. (Future concepts will get poisonous moves too).

The creatures that could be getting a poisnous move, but i´m not sure at all if they 100% would due to balancing reasons, are: Compsognathus, Compsognathus GEN2, Compsocaulus, Tyrannolophosaur, HydraBoa, Refrenantem, Titanoboa, Titanoboa GEN2, Majundaboa and Scorpius rex GEN2.

Some notes about the mechanic before going to some examples of poisonous moves:

1.- It gets affected by distraction and vulnerability, if the poisoned target is vulnerable, the poison will deal more damage, if the poison user is distracted the poison will deal less damage, the poison is not affected by damage increase (may change that), but it´s affected by damage boosts on the creature, as they increase the base damage stat, which is the value the Poison take to deal damage as a percentaje of it.

2.- As the poison is a negative effect DoT based, it will have a resistance, the creatures that will get a Poison resistance or inmunity are: Dimetrodon, Dimetrodon GEN2, Ophiacodon, Ankylocodon, Ankylodicurus, Magnapyritor, Ardentismaxima, Ardontosaurus, Secodontosaurus, Edaphosaurus, Edaphocevia, Pterovexus, Monolometrodon, Monomimus, Procerathomimus, Indomimus rex, Indominus rex GEN2, Postimetrodon and Tryostronyx.

3.- Some of the creatures which are given Poisonous moves will get a damage buff or distraction res/inmunity, to make their poison moves more effective.

4.- I may increase the percentage of damage as the hp stat is always bigger than the damage stat (boosted and unboosted, except you are any raptor or some of their hybrids).

5.- I will add more notes, once i discover more things or issues with the poison, updating the post (i accept suggestions and feedback ofc).

examples of poisonous moves sorted by trigger:

-Swap In:

Poisonous Swap-In
Target Hightest HP: Deal 30% DoT of User’s Damage for 2 turns after swapping in, target becomes swap prevented for 2 turns, unable to swap for 2 turns.
poisonous swap-in

-On Escape:

On Escape Poisoning Strike
Target Escapee: Deal 20% DoT of user’s Damage for 2 turns, target gets Swap prevented for 1 turns, attack x1 (No Escape goes to cry in the corner for how much better this move is).
on escape poisonous strike

-Counter:
Poisonous Counter
Target Attacker: Deal 20% DoT of user’s damage for 1 turn, target becomes swap prevented for 1 turn.
poisonous counter

-Regular:

Poisonous Strike
Target Hightest HP: Deal 15% DoT of user’s Damage for 2 turns, target is swap prevented for 2 turns, attack x1.

Cooldown: 0
Delay: 0
poisonous strike

Poisonous Impact
Target Hightest HP: Deal 15% DoT of user’s Damage for 2 turns, target is swap prevented for 2 turns, attack x1’5

Cooldown: 1
poisonous impact

Maiming Poison
Target Hightest HP: Deal 45% DoT of user’s Damage for 2 turns, target gets Swap prevented for 2 turns, attack x1

Cooldown: 2
maiming poison

Lethal Poison
Target Hightest HP: Deal 50% DoT of user’s Damage for 3 Turns, Target gets swap prevented for 3 turns, attack x1

Delay: 1
lethal poison

Stunning Poison
Target Hightest Damage: Deal 45% DoT of user’s Damage for 3 turns, target gets Swap prevented for 3 turns, 75% chance to stun for 1 turn, attack x1´5

Cooldown: 3
poisonous stun

Poisonous Distraction
Target Hightest Damage: Deal 30% DoT of user’s Damage for 2 turns, target gets Swap prevented for 2 turns, reduce damage at 50% for 2 turns, 4 attacks, attack x1´5

poisonous distraction

Poisonous Swoop
Target Hightest HP: Deal 25% DoT of user’s damage for 3 turns, target gets swap prevented for 3 turns.
Target Self: Automatic swap.

Poisonous Cleanasing Swoop
Target Hightest HP: Deal 30% DoT of user’s damage for 2 turns, target gets swap prevented for 2 turns.
Target Self: Cleanse all negative effects, Automatic swap.

poisonous (cleanasing) swoop

Poisonous Lethal Swoop
Target Hightest HP: Deal 50% DoT of user’s Damage for 3 turns, target gets Swap prevented for 3 turns.

Target Self: Automatic swap.

lethal poisonous swoop

Poisonous Vulnerability
Target Higtest HP: Deal 30% DoT of user’s damage for 3 turns, target becomes vulnerable at 50% for 2 turns, 4 attacks and swap prevented for 3 turns.

poisonous vulnerability

Those are all the poisonous moves i have made by the moment (may make more, but not by the moment), whose effects, delay and cooldown may still change until further testing, hope y´all like it.

12 Likes

Very nice job

1 Like

Really good idea. This would work really well for cunning’s because it plays against high attack enemies. (I always was disappointed dilopphosaurus abilities were just basic cunning moves)

3 Likes

This is a very well thought out idea and I like it although I feel like some of the older creatures should have it like sucho or dimo

1 Like

Gigachad

10 char

1 Like

I would love this on something like dilophosaurus because it can represent its venom

4 Likes

I like the concept, definitely would be nice to have something like this.

2 Likes

I suggested this a long time ago when the bleed resistance came out to fix the snakes and E.D. And Ned pass it along to the devs.

Not as detailed as yours but premise was the same.

4 Likes

thanks. B)

Although pure cunning creatures would change it´s class to cunning-fierce, but yes, it´s kinda made for hight hp opponents, it´s not as effective as Bleed or Rend, but the swap prevention the Poison gives helps poisonous creatures on being able to deal more poison damage while not letting the opponent escape.

well, dimo and sucho are bleeders already, and they don´t have any poisonous trait, unlike dilo, dilo g2 and hybrids which by their dilo components they should have any poison, as dilos are poisonous themselves in JP, so in JW too, i could just buff they both anyways.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

yeah, that´s one of the purposes of why dilos and their hybrids get it, dilos are poisonous in JP, and this is a form of giving them some love, all of them but tenrex are kind of bad, as troodon, which isn´t a dilo, but still poisonous in some JP games and maybe the books too from what i have heard.

1 Like

I know right, i think you know already that i´m kind of “Pro-Bringing back Old Mechanics and Moves”, and DoT based on the attack stat is not a exception clearly.

Could i see your post? i´m interested rn, and yeah, i have to be detailed with the explanations, so everyone, or at least most of the ppl can understand what i´m trying to say, i sometimes explain myself badly and other ppl misunderstand me, thanks anyways.

Note 5.1: As Bleed does, Poison also stacks, you can accumulate it´s damage.

Don’t you mean Venom, Poison is eaten but Venom is put in the system by bites or stings.

2 Likes

yeah, i could have named all those moves venomous as the mechanic, but only if diloboa´s counter wasn´t named as “venomous”

aight gigachad moment

It practically does the same, just without the DoT. You probably could rework that too.

1 Like