Ludia Forums

New (non-hybrid) creature suggestions for 1.10/2.0

This might be a bit soon after 1.9 just dropped, but I think it’s a good idea to bring up suggestions earlier so the devs have some time to act on them. Plus, centralizing new creature ideas into a single thread will hopefully make discussion on them easier and better.

My suggestion:

Carcharodontosaurus
Rarity: Epic
Health: 4200
Damage: 1600
Speed: 110
Armour: 0%
Critical: 10%

Abilities:
Defense Shattering Strike
Exploit Wound
Wounding Chomp (basically a Defense Shattering Impact, but with a 0.2x DoT effect)

Unlike its fellow large theropods, Carcharodontosaurus is faster (running up to 3x the speed of a T. rex, if I’m not mistaken), and has uniquely serrated teeth which allow it to deal deeper wounds which the victim slowly bleeds out from. In exchange, however, it lacks the sheer bite force of the T. rex, which means it deals less damage per blow.

I’ll put in polling for each suggestion in the thread:

Do you want to see the Carcharodontosaurus in JWA?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you want to see PedroNisbetto’s Acrocanthosaurus in JWA?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

5 Likes

I have suggested this before and dammit I will do it again. I want the Acrocanthosaurus from JWE!
Acrocanthosaurus
Epic
HP: 4600
Attack: 1600
Speed: 109
Critical: 10%
-Moves-
Defensive Strike
Cleansing impact
Definite Shattering Rampage
Passive: immune to DoT

2 Likes

While I wouldn’t mind seeing the creature, those stats and abilities seem a bit…overpowered?

Shielding, to weaken non-Shattering/Definite attacks, Cleanse prevents stat debuffs from affecting it for more than a turn, which can be especially problematic in the lower tiers (since, after all, Acrocanthosaurus is an Epic) as Distraction is the primary method of countering chompers. Plus Immunity to DoT to prevent fellow Epics Dimodactylus and Spinotahraptor, among others, from having a decent chance of bringing it down.

Plus, it has some really good stats, especially when you consider how, irl Acrocanthosaurus is slower than T. rex and has about half the estimated bite force.

Additionally, from a design perspective, Shielding tends to be linked to creatures who are armoured and/or have body parts which they could use to presumably reduce the damage done by an attack (e.g. Stigymoloch angling itself such that an attack hits the armoured part of its head)

Given how Acrocanthosaurus is thought to have a good sense of smell, might I recommend changing the basic ability to either Precise or Definite Strike, given how it would be able to smell and track prey. Then, since it also appeared to have eaten fish and has a spine appendage resembling the sail of Spinosaurus, it could get Wounding Impact, since its piscivore nature would probably lead to it having a similar jaw structure to the snout of spinosaurids.

3 Likes

My thinking was DoT immunity nods to the theory that it’s sail was a fatty lump and the idea of it being tough to break skin. Shielding was just a whim ngl and looking now that combo is a little op. Wounding impact would probably work Well actually, never considered that.
Also yeah 109 speed is a bit much actually :joy:. Maybe like 104 perhaps so it has a little advantage over some other creatures

Huh, that’s interesting. It could probably keep Immune to DoT, but it should probably lose a bit of health to compensate:

Acrocanthosaurus
Rarity: Epic
HP: 4300
Attack: 1650
Speed: 104
Critical: 20%

Abilities:
Definite Strike
Wounding Impact
Defense Shattering Rampage

Passives:
Immune to DoT

1 Like

I would like to see Saurophaganax, Tyrannotitan and Deltadromeus. I don’t know hardly anything about those three but they sound cool as hecc

2 Likes

For some really odd reason, I can’t edit my original post, so I’m going to have to put the polling here instead:

Do you want to see Artemis_Pilly’s Acrocanthosaurus?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Protoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Therezinosaurus, Titanoboa, Prestosuchus, Doedicurus, Saurosuchus, Ceratosaurus, Carcharodontosaurs, Psittacosaurus, Deinosuchus, Oviraptor my favs

That paired with a good model would defo do my girl proud!

How about we can add some g2 versions of creatures eh?
Deinocheirus gen 2
Epic

moves:
Minimal speedup strike
Rampage
Wound and run (DoT 0.25 of opponent’s max hp for 2 turns, deals NO damage, automatic swap).

Stats:
3500 health
130 speed
1200 attack
5 crit
0 armor

Ouranosaurus gen 2
common

Moves:
superiority strike
Greater stunning rampage

stats: