New to the game (my thread)

I just wanted to start a thread about we’re I’m up to in the game. I’m new here and I’m currently on Level 16. I have also purchased VIP as I’m really enjoying the game and just wanted things to move a little quicker. Anyway, I pretty much have 0 Dino bucks, 700k coins, and around 2k DNA. I have 5 dinos now on level 40. I also have a T-Rex with 2 days to go, and some other Dino on 6 days to go. Anyway, am I doing okay, or have I wasted all my resources?.

It would be helpful if you could do screen shots of something that you are stuck on currently.

From an expectations standpoint this game is geared towards patience, in that it takes either a really long time to progress through it, or you have to grind like crazy, or throw absurd amounts of money at it. The VIP membership allows you a middle ground so to speak. There are also a ton of different ways to approach the game and play it so anyone here can’t really say you have done anything wrong about how you have played it so far only that maybe you have approached it in a different way.

As a heads up as a new member to the forum you will only get a limited amount of posts on your first day/s so use them wisely. There are a ton of informational posts on this forum so searching for a topic or just reading through some of the various posts will help hopefully if you run out of posts early on.

3 Likes

As someone who hasnt reached the top lvl, I recommend you to focus on the quests for now. Thats what I mostly do and havent had huge problems. One or two events might be hard for me but the rest is easy. Dont start by hatching too many super rare dinos has they will require alot of food and dna if you want to max them out. Start with the commons, then make your way up to the rares, super rares, legendaries and in the middle, the common hybrids and so on. You have to be careful with your highest ferocity dino as he will most of the times define the difficulty of your events. As I said, try to do the missions for now. As you have vip, you can do them much faster because getting resources is much easier for you. It will force you to get an x amount of dinos and you will se your lineup getting better. For example, if you have a quest that requires a lvl 40 or 30 or whatever lvl, dont go for a rare or super rare. Start small, with a common, and make your way up. When you have all of them lvl 40, go for rares. Eventually you will get quests that require 20 dinos lvl 40 and you will be forced to make a lvl 40 rare or super rare. Unless you want to make 12 of each commom :joy: not wise for the place you are. Being said, thats my way of playing, you dont have to do this, you can just focus on getting dinos, but at your lvl, quests are the way to lvl up fast. I made a topic some weeks ago asking for tips, you should check it out to see almost all expert players opinion on how to play this and also has some tips. @Sionsith has many good topics to help you understand things. Just look on his page, ps: he also has videos to help you on youtube.
Regarding the tournament, dont focus on it for now because you cant get into higher places with only one or two good dinos. With time as your dino lineup gets better, you will go up the ladder and get to predator. Dominator is more difificult.
If you search on the forum for topics that start with Story Mission, you can see the quests you will get when you get to lvl 40 and so on. I have been posting them to help new people. There is also a spreedsheet made by @Mary_Jo that has many info on dinos and rverything.
As Sion said, today you can only post a few times, 5 or 10 i dont. That happened to me and I couldnt say anything for 24h.

3 Likes

In addition to the comments already made, and without knowing exactly what specifically you are needing help with, one thing I would encourage you to do is to use the free ad watches to do as many Land/Ceno PvP matches you can every day. You need as much practice on doing PvP battles as you can get, and the non-modded one is a great way as well to help mine the Loyalty Points that get doubled as a VIP player. ONLY spend those points on purchasing 10K VIP packs. At your stage in the game there is nothing more beneficial than those 10K packs and the VIP creatures inside them. You may need to leave them at lvl 1 when you first get them but they are going to be the best thing possible for advancing your game.

Don’t let your DBs drop to 0 if possible, I know as a new player I stupidly spent some on doing a gyrosphere tour, not realizing how HARD DBs are to get, and of course lost as well since I had no clue what I was doing! Be sure to check out the Tapjoy list (Free DB offers) to see if there might be offers in there that you might be able to use, from trying out another game, or making a donation to a charity (Feeding America for instance is a great one to donate to right now, and a MUCH nicer way to spend money to get DBs in the game than just outright paying for them!) I used a fair number of these offers as a newer player when it was really hard to collect DBs. As you get further in the game, they get much easier to get, but most of us still are very careful about how we use them to maximize their benefit. If you do decide to take some Tapjoy offers, wait until Ludia is giving a nice bonus on them… at least 50% extra but even better is to wait for a 2X bonus on the DBs you earn.

In terms of tournaments, I worked really hard with my VIP membership playing PvPs and acquiring LPs to get those 10K packs and was able to start finishing in Dominator regularly after about 6 months of game play. I think it would be hard to do it much faster than that, without spending additional money on the game.

1 Like

PvP is good to get LP? I am in desperate need of LP!! Ehich one you think its better? Mod or no mds?

It’s the best way I’ve found to get them, other than the usual methods of playing PvEs to get packs, TH, etc. The non-modded has twice the chance on a wheel spin to come up on LPs, plus you have the free ad watch for a second spin, so TWO chances at LPs. It also has all the slim chances to get various packs on it as well which of course come with considerable LPs. on them. But keep in mind it’s still not a VERY high chance, so don’t expect that you are going to see them popping up all the time. But as long as I can play rounds for free with an ad watch, there’s no reason not to take advantage of that every day.

Why are you in “desperate need” of LPs?? I like working towards getting as many as I can but can’t say I’ve ever been in a situation of “needing” them desperately.

1 Like

I am going to grind that then! I need 700 lp so i hope it wont take hours :crossed_fingers:t4:
Well, i am aiming for the diamond prize so its 1600 lp per day. Then i bought a 10k pack three days ago. Amd I havent been able to win that many LP. This wouldnt be a problem if I could win todays mission. Nonetheless If I do the diamond prize weekly, i cant save anything for the 10k. What i win in a day is what i spend. Unless there is a tournament. This was something I was going to say in my first week vip topic that I am going to create in two days.

1 Like

Oh got ya.

I’d suggest keeping a reserve of LP points on hand. I know, this is hard to do when you are a new player trying to get to Dominator, I had trouble sticking to this and doing it myself. But this is why you need to do it! The PvPs are great to mine for LPs but you’ll go nuts playing them under a time constraint of NEEDING to get LPs when it’s less than a 1 in 5 chance on every wheel spin of earning them. And most of the time, the amounts aren’t that big… 40 LPs is common. Besides, you might also get a 11K trade offer for a VIP that you really want to take at any time, so I would suggest building your LP points up to 20K+ before spending 10K on a pack again.

2 Likes

I still have the daily vip which means 300 lp right?
And also, i need to win everytime in pvp which doesnt happen all the time. Do you use all lvl 1 cards or there is a trick that I dont know?

One think I would suggest from my own experience. Any time I get a brand new creature, I hatched that ASAP. Beyond that, I started with the cheapest creature and hatched enough to have a level 40 (8 creatures) or 2 level 40s if it had a hybrid and worked my way up from there. After 18 months or so, I’m now working on leveling up my tournament creatures. So, it’s a slow process. But one that has helped keep me out of trouble. Make sure the first hatchery pod has only commons, rares, and VIPs in it to start with. Eventually, you can put super-rares in it, but I would wait for now. The other pods, once you get some Dinobucks, should be used for longer hatching creatures. @Mary_Jo tries to keep the other three pods filled with something that hatches similarly to minimize having to use the 50 Dinobuck pod all the time. It’s a good plan if you have the discipline for it. Make sure you take advantage of the hatchery discount on Tuesdays and the creature cost discount on Thursdays. Eventually, you will open up the trade harbor. It’s a good idea to have a high coin production so that you can trade excess coins for other resources. Therefore, stack high level decorations around your creatures. Any time you have a realistic shot at unlocking a creature, do it. While they do get cycled through, you never know when it will come back again. Some unlocks are frequent flyers; others are much rarer.

2 Likes

Not sure what “daily VIP” you mean, but if you mean custom trades, I would use an apato fossil for LPs, assuming you are high enough to do that. 3 of those should net you the points you need.

In the PvP matches, the higher level creatures you use, the better the prizes. So no, I never use commons. I don’t necessarily use my best stuff, but I’m generally using lvl 20 VIPs or my lvl 10 s-hybrids which will get me Elite level prizes and have short CD times. No real “trick” other than practice, practice, practice. And read the various threads on this forum with tips. I will say one thing I tend to do is use my cenos, as you are far less likely to run into creatures that have class advantages over them. But most newer players don’t tend to have Elite level Cenos, and you need practice with your Jurassics to where you aren’t tending to have losses. I virtually never lose in a PvP match, but it did take me some time to get to that point.

1 Like

Its the daily missions. You get one pack if you do all of them. It gives you Lp but i dont know how much.
Didnt know that the prizes changed if i used better dinos. Thank you. Going to use better ones

Ah, yeah I don’t recall how much LPs you get from the daily mission prize, but yeah I think it’s something like 160 points.

Did you already use your custom trades? That’s really the best place to get LPs in a pinch.

1 Like

So its 320 LP that you get with vip right?
I used the trades unfortunately…
I win most of the pvp but sometimes i feel like i get unfair battles. But its ok, with 5 pvp, i havent got a single LP ahaha

Don’t recall offhand if that’s the doubled amount or before doubling. But yeah I think it’s before.

There are no “unfair” battles in the regular PvPs. It feels that way when you are a new, inexperienced player, but they really aren’t. They will range from ones that are about 50% easier on the AFS, and ones that are 50% harder, and sometimes the AI will dump a LOT of their ferocity onto a single very over-powered creature. But it’s all randomly determined and if you chose your lineup well, and play it correctly, you should win 99% of the time (everyone is going to get a matchup from time to time where the combination of difficulty and how the match plays out results in a loss, but those are exceedingly rare for me). But again, that’s just experience and practice.

1 Like

Its 130 LP before VIP
In 8 battles got 2 LP prizes whicm means 120 LP
I only need 275 LP more. I hope it wont take that looong
Thank you again @Mary_Jo.
Update: well, 20 battles after and its done! Managed to get 150lp prize which meant 300lp with vip and that was it. Also won like 630double.
Diamond prize couldnt have been worse :sob: the only vip creature i won on daily vip prize drop was the same one i won on the diamond prize. What are the odds of that i ask… it was henodus btw, not sure if its a good dino or not.
Also, in my 10k pack i opened some days ago, i won the mastodonsaurus again. This was not bad because anfibious are always good for tournaments.
Nonetheless, My luck must be awsome because in the same week i won 2 mastodonsaurus in 10k pack and 2 henodus in diamond prize and daily vip dino chance. 0,01*0,06 *100= 0,06%
Im honestly sad and angry…
Its like impossible for me to get a new vip dino…

1 Like

Henodus was one of my favorites to get because of the relative scarcity of reefs in the game vs. a glut of surfaces. It took me awhile to get ANY of that one, and I rejoiced every time I saw it as reefs were the thing holding my entire lineup back. At your stage, it really doesn’t matter that much which VIPs you get, you need them all, and doubles are great because the lvl 20’s will be your bread and butter. You might as well get used to the idea now that random chance does not tend to give you equal amounts of everything and it won’t be long before you have 3 times as many of some VIPs and almost none of some others.

3 Likes

Well, its always nice to hear good things from an expert. Thank you, now it doesnt look that bad getting the same dino with what you said :smiley:
And, once again, thank you for the tips on the PvP. Its really a nice way to get alot of LP. I actually believe that if you play it during 4hours a day, you might even get a 10k pack per day.

1 Like

I love Henodus for exactly the reasons @Mary_Jo stated. It’s a very well balance Reef. I have a small school of them and use them all during Aquatic Events.

While different VIP creatures have different uses, they all have a role to play in your lineup. Great stats with quick cooldown times. Mine have long been a staple of my tournament lineups (at level 20).

Don’t get concerned about multiple copies of a creature. Play long enough and your rosters will largely balance out, although the 50k creatures will always be in short supply.

2 Likes

Thank you both! You just made me much more relaxed amd happy with the dinos. Over reaction on my part :grimacing:

2 Likes