Ludia Forums

New Update Is Crashing Game

Ok Ludia. I’ve endured this for long enough. The most recent update has basically completely ruined the game for me. Before this update the game almost never crashed, and even if it did it would be very rare, about once a week. Since this new update came out, my game has been consistently crashing at least 3-4 times per day. In fact, it’s so consistent that I can predict when it happens. The first time I open the game on a given day, it will instantly crash when I click anywhere after loading in. The next time I open it, it will crash the instant I click more than 2 commands in 1 second. The other 1-2 crashes are similar; whenever I do anything quickly, the game just instantly black screens.

I’ve put up with this for at least a week now. But now it’s happening IN THE MIDDLE OF BATTLES. I just had a modded PVP game and the game instantly crashed upon entering the battle. The result? My Daily Mission of doing a PVP arena battle wasn’t completed, but all my dinos went on cooldown AND all 3 mods are gone. I’m sorry, that’s just unacceptable. I know it’s the new update causing it because I’ve asked other people and they’re having the same problem, and before the update none of this was happening. Can someone please do something about it already?

4 Likes

I have been getting this also, hasn’t crashed for me during a battle yet but already the game has crashed 4 times for me today

3 Likes

Ditto. I have a high chance for a crash whenever I’m spinning the wheel. I also have more difficulty loading the game.

4 Likes

Oh I forgot about the prize wheel. Yes, first time I spin that I have a high chance of crashing also.

3 Likes

Happened very often to me during tournament.

3 Likes

For some reason my game loads a lot quicker it just crashes much much more now

It’s usually heres what you’ve missed heres what you’ve missed heres what you’ve missed… :joy:

3 Likes

I’m now starting to think that developers aren’t putting as much love into updates for JWTG as they once did, every new update brings a new bug.

3 Likes

What did this new update even do? I was perfectly fine with the previous one, wasn’t too buggy or glitchy at all. They literally made it worse.

2 Likes

New loading screen

Everyone wanted ludia to add prehistoric bugs to the game, they took note and introduced more bugs

3 Likes

Man… does Ludia even bother looking at these threads? I feel like nobody ever notices what we say

2 Likes

I had once made a thread on the game crash, because I wasn’t able to play five minutes on the park (coin traps, JH Statues, etc) without getting a crash.

This was merged to another thread — the one where clicking the X button closed the game, and which was a very short-lived crisis.

I felt bad not because the thread was merged just like that, but because it was merged into an almost unrelated topic. This makes me wonder if our concerns are really being observed.

2 Likes

Get more Connection loses cant make Screenshots while fighting freezes and crashes

Hey everyone, I would like to apologize for the rise in crash issues that some of you are experiencing since the last update.

We can definitely understand the frustration that this is causing, and I want to reassure you that the crashing issue has been brought to our team’s attention!

In the meantime, could I ask you to please reach out to our support team at support+forums@ludia.com, if you haven’t already? It would really help our team out with their investigation.

Please include your device information and your support key in the email as well, if you have it available.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Crashes that wipe out your mod battle without giving you credit for the daily mission are completely unacceptable in my opinion. The game knows you’ve started a modded battle and it knows which dinosaurs and mods you’ve used. If you quit the battle manually you get the credit for the mission but not when Ludia’s code borks itself.

Ludia won’t fix it because anything that loses resources your resources, however unfair it is for the player, is good business for them.

3 Likes

No they probably will fix it. It’s just weird to me that I don’t get credit for the missions AND I lose the cooldowns and mods. Like I wouldn’t even mind that much if it treated my battle as an auto-loss. I don’t know, it’ll be nice if they could refund me the 3 mods I used but I guess I won’t mind too much as long as it gets fixed soon.

2 Likes

I don’t think they will. Players have been complaining for ages about it and it’s never been fixed. If you contact support about it they’ll tell you it’s not even a problem.

5 Likes

Hmm. Well I can definitely accept the game crashing at an average rate of say, once every 3-4 days. That’s not going to be enough to significantly impact my game experience. Several times per day though? That definitely does.

Even though the players are bots a crash during a battle counts as a forfeit, I dont think this will ever change, if it did players would be able to abuse the system, if they get an unfair match in dominator they could potentially ‘crash’ there own game and no creatures lost to cooldown

3 Likes

That’s the thing though. When my game crashes right now in the middle of a battle, it doesn’t count as a forfeit. It counts as a lost battle except I don’t even get credit for doing the battle. Like I said, earlier today I had a daily mission of do a PVP arena. My game crashed in the middle of the match, and the mission stayed at 0/1. I didn’t even get credit for doing the match, and my dinos still went on cooldown and my DB and mods are still gone forever.

2 Likes