Ludia Forums

[News] Jurassic World Alive | Cheaters Protocol Update (Nov 15, 2019)

The rules do NOT apply to the Cult of Lythronax.
The Warlord of the Heavens out ranks Ludia.

2 Likes

I really hope you’re able to clean up the leaderboard Ludia

1 Like

I will improve my attitude when Ludia shows that they actually care about the players instead of only their bottom line. I understand they need to make a living, but there are better ways to do it than boosts, loot boxes, and the boost mascots that cause players to buy boosts. By not fixing the worst bugs in the game they are showing that they don’t actually care about us.

This is an example. I lost two raptors last night because of this bug. One was a rare. No matter how I turned my map I couldn’t click on them.

4 Likes

In your opinion it was, and that’s fine.
In the opinion of many others, it wasn’t at all.
Ludia lost a lot of players due to the boost reset which I feel was not a step in the right direction at all.
Read the thread about who has bought boosts and you’ll see what lots of people think.

Points being made in this thread aren’t toxic at all, and we are all entitled to have opinions.

No one has said they aren’t glad that Ludia is dealing with cheaters.
Some are pointing out the irony of Ludia staging events that are geographically limited, that give those people in the vicinity an unfair advantage over the rest of us.
That’s not toxic, it’s an observation.

6 Likes

There are far more broken things in JWA than cheaters am afraid. Albeit it is a nice step forward, it is NOT priority for any of us waiting to see how you are going to fix an absolutely destroyed game after patch 1.11. Please don’t tell us that you listen to us when a 1k thread about DC’s broken mechanics are left untouched among oh so many other things the latest boost mechanics broke.

Welcome to the forums new CM, please find the threads that we want Ludia to work on.

7 Likes

Looking at the guidelines, it seems like there are only 3 points that would actually have an influence on competitive play:

• Faking your location using apps or hacks (“Spoofing”) is considered cheating; we want you to go out and explore; not spoof to get a high score
  • Exploiting bugs is considered cheating too; help us make a great game and report bugs
  • Using 3rd party software and bots is also cheating

Spoofing and using 3rd party software should certainly be considered cheating and those accounts should be straight banned, no exceptions.

But wasn’t there a bug that allowed people to get many boosts a while back and nothing happened to them (actual question, I have only read about it)? What is your actual definition of a bug? Is it a bug if someone with 5000 trophies loses on purpose and goes all the way to 500 trophies just to beat up the little people? If my spins reset in the middle of the day for some unknown reason (which has happened to me) and I recollect everything…did I just cheat? It seems to me there are many cases of bugs=cheating that are more or less subjective. What about doing more testing and fixing the bugs asap. Maybe take a pause from pushing new stuff and make sure the old stuff is working smoothly? If people start getting kicked because the game is buggy and they just keep playing anyway, that reflects really poorly on Ludia.

2 Likes

I lost a Dracorex tonight because it spawned into an already-won strike tower. I could not return to it since my mother was in a hurry toward home, so I had to lose the Dracorex since there wasn’t enough time to reload the map.

1 Like

This is why I don’t understand why completed strike towers don’t just disappear from the map, like chests do when you collect. If I’m riding my bike I can stop to do the several tries it usually requires for me to get a dino that’s stuck in a strike tower. If I’m playing as a passenger in a vehicle, forget it!

2 Likes

Probably so people can prove they did the challenge, or to know that it had been completed and they don’t have to look for it anymore in case they forgot about it.
But even if those are the reasons, they could do something about the way critters spawn with scents. A code that would change the coordinates within the circle to spawn the creature away from sanctuaries and supply drops.
Alternatively, have the spawned creatures follow you by playing a walking animation that happens every time you walk, thus you can carry your scent-attracted critters with you until new ones spawn / scent ends.

2 Likes

Spoofing should just be built into the app for everyone to access. Make it a VIP perk. I would be willing to pay for that, as that solves issues of bad weather, dangerous neighborhoods, dinos on private property, and region-exclusive events like the Montreal and Universal Studios ones. Also, those who are sick, disabled, and/or homebound can enjoy the game. Of course we should still be able to play normally, but I’d much rather see Ludia earn money from a joystick they built into the game than boosts, loot boxes, and the collateral damage caused by boost mascots.

3 Likes

At face value, that would be a logistical nightmare. Everyone spoofing to some location…websites popping up that give geo data and what spawns are there…it removes the treasure hunting aspect completely.

But, if done correctly…someone suggested timed intervals of free movement from a single location…that could be beneficial I think. Letting anyone spawn themselves anywhere though…I think that cuts to close to the heart of this game. If it were an option, certainly do not make it a pay option or the f2p will just leave. Imagine a f2p who spends hours hunting for a Trex battling the VIPer that simply went online and saw where to spoof to to get 2000 Trex in an hour. That would break this game completely. That same argument though can be used to show how spoofing being a part of the game would ruin the experience as the game currently is.

1 Like

No, what we want is a balanced game.

4 Likes

I forgot about the people posting rares locations, which was very common back in the days of legit PoGo play when maps were still around. Maybe make it a free part of the game that only allows you to move from your real location to a maximum of a few blocks in either direction, or a mile or two at most. Eliminate the regional events and make those spawns available to all players.

2 Likes

I think that would be fair and could potentially make the game better.

1 Like

Good afternoon: since they talk about cheats, I think that you also have to include them Ludia. If we all pay for the same, why do you offer exclusive events in small areas leaving the rest of the players out of those events? we do not have the same right the rest of the players of those same events. Why do you give advantage to some if and not to others? If we are fair, we will all have to be fair. There are always privileges when we are all on equal terms. Greetings Ludia.

3 Likes

The thing is that even if ludia finds a way to delete or bann cheaters and improve the system, they’re still going to be cheaters. Hackers are always finding new ways to cheat or whatever and it just makes ludia waste time. I dont want to defend cheaters, but it just seems kinda pointless at this point.
The real problem is the money hungry-nist of you.
And like, has there ever been a game where hackers couldnt cheat it. Just accept that cheaters are a thing.
Im sorry if i sounded like im mad, but before writing this i fought against lvl 30 diplotator with +2100 attack and i lost and my average team lvl is 24.

2 Likes

Ask Ludia about the event this weekend in Los Angeles with Blue and we don’t have the rest of the players. They also play dirty

1 Like

I don’t monitor the upper leaderboard as it’s something I won’t see but has anyone noticed any missing players since the cheating ban was to have went in effect? I know you can’t say the names but wondering if it’s true or just a thread they started to try and calm the natives.

Nothing being absolutely secure, some amount of precaution does have to go into thwarting cheaters, at least at the mainstream level.

I do not think its a good idea to say “Cheaters be Cheatin’” or “It is what it is”, but it is also not good to spend a large amount of time only dealing with cheating. Accepting cheaters are a thing has to be placed on a scale I think. I can accept there are some people willing to go to great and extensive lengths to cheat in ways that are very hard to detect and even hard to patch. I cannot accept some program anyone can download that does this or that and allows someone with no coding or computer experience to cheat. So to me the scale is basically people with the knowledge and know how at or around the same level as the developer…probably don’t waste time on that because there are not going to be very many of that caliber. People with knowledge and know how less than the developers should be a worry and the development should spend time on them to shut the cheating down.

I could be wrong, but your post seemed to me like it was saying do not worry about cheaters…and they should I think within reason.

yes, thats the only time they will care, when money is lost…

2 Likes