Ludia Forums

[News] Jurassic World Alive | New Creature Families

Happy Friday DPG Members!

We recently announced the arrival of a new cooperative battle mode, coming to Jurassic World Alive this summer. We’re very excited by the Community’s reaction so far; thank you so much for your encouragement and enthusiasm!

With that being said, we want to introduce the new creature families with co-op abilities that are designed to support the upcoming cooperative battle mode.

Creature Families

First up, the Stegosauridae family!

Don’t let this group of Herbivores fool you, they will completely slow down your opponent’s entire team when you use the Area of Effect Thagomizer ability. In addition, Stegosauridae with Counter-Attack will now focus on Deceleration rather than Armor-Piercing.

This strong family consists of:

• Carnotarkus
  • Dsungaia
  • Kentrosaurus
  • Miragaia
  • Stegodeus
  • Stegosaurus
  • Tuojiangosaurus
  • Wuerhosaurus

Next, is the Counter-Attacking Medium Theropod family!

The sharp-toothed creatures that make up this family are ready to deploy Shields against any of their opponents’ efforts. They can also retaliate with Counter-Attacks that are strongest against Tank creatures!

This fierce family is made up of:

• Carnotaurus
  • Concavenator
  • Diorajasaur
  • Lythronax
  • Majundasuchus
  • Majungasaurus
  • Megalosaurus
  • Rajakylosaurus
  • Rajasaurus

Finally, the Damage-Increasing Medium Theropod family!

Their claws will ensure Damage Increasing buffs to your entire team. Your opponent’s best defense won’t stand a chance against their Defense Shattering Attacks!

This small but vicious family entails:

• Baryonyx
  • Baryonyx GEN2
  • Irritator
  • Tryostronix

To start, we’ve got the Tall-Legged Crocodilia family!

These ravenous creatures will have no issue giving Damage Increasing buffs to your entire team! Your opponent’s best efforts will have nothing on the Tall-Legged Crocodilia’s Defense Shattering Attacks.

This fearful family consists of:

• Gorgosuchus
  • Kaprosuchus
  • Megalosuchus
  • Postimetrodon
  • Postosuchus

JWA_Dino_Family_Ankylosauridae.PNG

Up next, is the Ankylosauridae family!

These low to the ground creatures will tease your opponents with Armored Taunting Tanks! In battle, your opponents will not have much luck with their attacks because this strong family generates Shields to protect the entire team.

This strong family is made up of:

• Amargocephalus
  • Ankylosaurus
  • Ankylosaurus GEN2
  • Ankyntrosaurus
  • Nodosaurus
  • Scolosaurus
  • Tragodistis

To start your weekend off right, we’re revealing 2 more of the creature families with you!

Here we have the Sauropods family!

The list of possible abilities is as long as these creatures’ necks! For one, this powerful group will alter your opponent’s pace when you use the Area of Effect Speed Control abilities. The Sauropods will also wreak havoc when using Area of Effect Damage!

This strong family consists of:

• Amargasaurus
  • Apatosaurus
  • Ardontosaurus
  • Argentinosaurus
  • Geminititan
  • Gigaspikasaur
  • Nodopatosaurus

Next up, we have the Brachiosauridae family!

We’ve got another fierce group of long neck creatures for you! The mighty Brachiosauridae will tease and beat your opponent with High HP Taunters. Your opponent will try very hard to beat this family, but this group will remain undefeated by using the Shields and Speed Control!

This mega family consists of:

• Ardentismaxima
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Giraffatitan
  • Nodopatotitan

The weekend is here and we are revealing yet another pair of creature families with you!

Here’s the Entelodontidae family!

This family won’t win any beauty contests, but they will win against your opponents when they use the Defense Shattering Area of Effect abilities. They will also cause serious damage when using Mutual Fury!

This terminating family consists of:

• Archaeotherium
  • Entelodon
  • Entelomoth
  • Keratoporcus

Next up, the Turtles family!

These hard shelled creatures will be tough for your opponent to beat with their Heavily Armored taunt Tanks! Your opponent won’t stand a chance against the Superior Vulnerability!

This hard covered family consists of:

• Carbonemys,
  • Carbotoceratops
  • Meiolania

We’ve got another creature family introduction!

The Hadrosaurs family!

No matter what your opponents use against the Hadrosaurs, this family will alleviate the attack with Lowest HP and/or Multiple-Target Healing as well as Group Cleansing! Opponents will need luck on their side to defeat this group!

This large family consists of:

• Diloracheirus
  • Diloranosaurus
  • Edmontoguanodon
  • Edmontosaurus
  • Iguanodon
  • Maiasaura
  • Ouranosaurus
  • Paramoloch
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Tenontorex
  • Tenontosaurus

Last but certainly not least, we have the Rhinocerotidae family!

These horned creatures can survive any attack from your opponents with Armored and Shielded Taunting Tanks! They will remain undefeated as they have some Speed Control and Anti-Dodge abilities.

This mighty family consists of:

• Brontolasmus,
  • Brontotherium,
  • Elasmotherium,
  • Mammotherium,
  • Monolorhino,
  • Woolly Rhinoceros

We hope you are excited about these creature families as we are!

Continue to use this thread as a reference and to discuss these families for the new upcoming cooperative battle mode. We will be sharing more information in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, keep playing daily and practice in the Campaigns to help prepare for the summer update.

81 Likes

What family would Purutaurus and Purrolyth be in

5 Likes

Interesting! But does this mean my beloved Carnotarkus will be more of a deceleration dino? Because that’s… A pretty big drop in power for her…

12 Likes

Interesting. Will this be just for the co-op battles or will these changes also apply somehow to normal Arena battles?

9 Likes

Something tells me that this will be game changing indeed

9 Likes

I actually cant wait for this update.

3 Likes

A Thagomizer buff is welcome.
But now I’m concerned about Carnotarkus’ future. I just levelled mine to 25. I think I’m going to hoard coins until the update to see what the best investments will be.

10 Likes

ooh. Nice!
great abilities for coop strategies.
I’m excited.

1 Like

Bye-bye Miragaia.

19 Likes

At least anyone who invested in it will get their boosts back though. It seems as though Carnotarkus and Miragaia will be getting Decelerating Counters or something.
I wonder if Kentro and Tuo’s counters will change.

4 Likes

hear me out
Greater Rending Decel counter?

10 Likes

I just hope Purutarus doesn’t get to keep her rending counter attack. I’ll be pretty annoyed if the epic hybrid is miles better than the legendary hybrid, you know?

They might be refunding boosts, but it’s not like they’re refunding coins or DNA.

I’d say chimeridae since they have an indoraptor animation

1 Like

stop giving ludia ideas.

3 Likes

basically:
purrolyth
purrusaurus
indoraptor GEN 2
indoraptor

How much would the meta shift because of this update?

I was thinking more along the lines of Greater Simple Rending Counter or something, since going through Shields and Armour seems out of the question.
But if it does get a counter with Deceleration, that’ll change its interactions with the Indoraptors and such completely.

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for the sneak peak.

1 Like

Depending on how it’s changed, it could make the Stegos’ worse against Indoraptor 2. Whenever Indo2 is slowed, a quick Mutual Fury will change that. Then it gets to come back with a vengeance. I never use SS against Indo2 until I know for sure I can defeat them with a PR for that reason.

Then again, perhaps they’ve finally done something about that dino that won’t be such a problem.

Tryostronix will be even stronger and more of a team player now

6 Likes