[News] Jurassic World Alive | Scent Capsules

Hello fellow DPG members,

We’ve noticed some questions regarding the functionality of the new Scent Capsules. Here’s a detailed breakdown of how to best utilize them!

Scent Capsules are powerful tools that will attract creatures to your location! The duration of these will vary: e.g. Common capsules will last 5 minutes, Rare and Epics for 20 minutes, etc. Spawned creatures drawn to you by your scent will only be perceivable to you, and you alone!

Scent Capsules are most effective when you are moving, as you’ll have a better chance of attracting multiple creatures. That being said, be sure not to miss your spawning dinosaurs by running or driving past them. Also note, spawned creatures might escape while you are flying your drone, so make the most out of every DNA collecting run!

Furthermore, the guaranteed spawns from Rare or Epic capsules will not necessarily be the first spawned creatures you encounter, so be sure to keep moving around with your drone ready!

Scent Capsules can be found in Supply Drops, where players can collect up to 1 free capsule per day. Scent Capsules can also be found in the Free Incubator from the Shop where you can collect up to 2 Capsules per day. Additional Scent Capsules catered to various creature rarities (rare, epic, etc) and families (Raptors, etc), can also be found in the store. Once in your possession, your capsules will be retrievable from your Inventory, which can be found on your map screen.

We hope this cleared up the utility of the Scent Capsules!

So the main question arises: do the spawns depend on the local spawn area or if you’re in the park? (Common ones seem to be what area your in) or is it completely random?

If 2 spawn at the same time do you only get the choice of 1 and then the other dissapears?

What about the themed scent capsules based on Dromosauridae, Pterosauria, etc???

NVM just realized they were coming soon

Can you only get common capsules from supply drops or do you have the chance at a rare or epic from supply drops?

So far only common capsules are in the supply drops. One from green and one from orange each day. The others you have to get from the store or as a present.

It’s very rare to get capsules need to improve that…

Just let off 2 common scent capsules in succession and not one Dino was attracted, maybe it’s because I haven’t showered this morning yet but that’s not the point, what’s with that? I thought we was guaranteed to attract something :neutral_face: not happy!!

When you start a scent capsule a xino should spawn right there if it does not you need to close out the app and restart… xontact customer support about this issue and use my advice on future scents

Thank you, will close out next time, how do I contact customer support as I’ve tried looking ingame but can’t seem to find a way or is it via the forum?

These scent capsules are worthless exspecially the 5 minutes one it doesn’t give nothing and the rare one is ok but the epic one is junk it’s the same worthless epic Dino every time junk

I got a sino from a 5 minute incubator today… far from worthless… especially considered it came from supply depot…

Best way to use the five minute scents is at night…since you can get velociraptors. Or use it to target a specific common like para or dieno for fusing… that way your getting something you can use and anything rare or epic you get is a bonus…
But this week alone between me and my two kids
Ive seen 2 sinos, 1 brachy, 1 concavenator from common scents… and by that i mean 1 sino 1 brach yesterday and 1 sino 1 concavenator today.

Epics on the other hand seem to be very hit and miss… ive had good luck getting zone specific epics with the few ive use.

I like the halloween capsule.

I dropped one in the city and 1 in the suburbs where I live. I had more luck in the city. I managed to get several rare in the city (5 ) and only 1 in the suburbs. (20 Halloween capsules).

I would get double spawns when moving but, 1 would disappear we’d hile I was darting the other. kind of a bummer

If you stop moving while darting the first the other will still be their. If you move and its no longer in your inner circle it will despawn.

I bought 3 Halloween capsules and all three of them didn’t give me a single rare dinosaur. Hell not even an uncommon!! I call bullshit.

Hey there, @McKenna_Littiebrant, that definitely doesn’t sound like things are working as intended. Our support team would very much like to investigate this further in order to prevent this from happening again in the future, so if you can reach out to our support team we would really appreciate the opportunity to try and make things right. They can be contacted at support+forums@ludia.com, and if you can remember to include your support key in the email it would help us find you faster in our system.

Same thing happened to me also twice

the epic scent doesn’t work well…

at the beginning, i can find 3-5 epics, the more i use the more concaves (the green thing) i get …

after a few days, all zone 1, 2,3,4, can’t find epics at all unless opening the epic scent…kinda wierd. something strange…

I have used 2 epic capsules, 5 rare, and too many to count if the common, not to mention i used 3 terror strike scents from the halloween event. Just to help people to utilize the most of there scents here is the spawn rate (easily noticable after a few uses) of all the scents…

Common 5 min: 5m, 3m, 1m

Common 20 min: 20m, 18m, 16m, 14m, 12m, 10m, 8m, 6m, 4m, 2m

Rare 20 min: 20m, 18m, 16m, 14m, 12m, 10m, 8m, 6m, 4m, 2m

Epic 20 min: 20m, 18m, 16m, 14m, 12m, 10m, 8m, 6m, 4m, 2m,

Terror Scent 20 min: 20m, 18m, 16m, 14m, 12m, 10m, 8m, 6m, 4m, 2m

Also, common scents do not guaranteed any rare or epic spawns however after a couple uses of common scents I usually get rare spawns such as utahraptor, edmontasaurus, etc. I have even gotten a concavenator Epic and a Brachiosaurus Epic. Same case with Rare scents not guaranteed, but I have gotten epics to spawn with them.