Ludia Forums

[News] Jurassic World Alive | Stat Boosts Announcement (05/14)

Hello fellow DPG members,

In Update 1.7, we introduced Stat Boosts. This new feature was designed to add player agency in how to develop their creatures and create a customizable progression at higher player levels. To allow every player to continue enjoying fair PvP battles, the release of these battle bonuses was intended to be slow and progressive.

Unfortunately, due to problems during the launch of Update 1.7, some players were able to purchase Stat Boosts in large quantities. We apologize for the negative effect this had on the community.

We are currently analysing your feedback and will soon be announcing changes to Stat Boosts going forward.

Thank you to our community for your support, input, and patience.

47 Likes
[Scheduled Maintenance] Jurassic World Alive | May 15, 2019
[Scheduled Maintenance] Jurassic World Alive | May 17, 2019
Another day, still no news
[News] Jurassic World Alive | Stat Boosts Roll Back

THANK YOU. So much, just please don’t screw it up

6 Likes

Response appreciated, I hope your solution works for everyone

4 Likes

Thank you for giving us some sort of update on the whole situation… but one question I have is: if you’re saying changes will happen “going forward”, does that mean whatever stat boosts are out there will remain and things will change starting when you find a solution? Just want some clarification on that part because it can be understood in more than one way.
Thanks again, @Jorge ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

that was a week ago. so the “information to come” is “changes” and “soon”

13 Likes

Theres really not much to analize here, but there are a lot of very important desicions to be made.

I hope you guys can find some common ground with your playerbase. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is much appreciated, but would have been even better last week. We know you are working on it (the mods have informed us as such), but it’s nice to get a short update every once in a while to know we aren’t being completely ignored and not all hope is lost. That’s all we ask for.

11 Likes

Thank you for the communication.

1 Like

Sounds promising now we can all calmly wait and see…

1 Like

Yea it’s kind of ridiculous how high some of the stats have been for some players. I went from 4600 to 3400 in three days due to people having usually bad creatures at 160+ speeds and insane amounts of health. I think you really screwed up with that bug. Half of my alliance is inactive now. I spend actual money on the game and I still haven’t been able to get back my trophies.

I’m really po’d

are you able to identify them? if not, just check the leaderboard.

3 Likes

stall much?? nothing has changed since the “exploit”!!

3 Likes

I think this communication is appropriate and I’m fine with the overall vagueness. It’s the only responsible strategy. I’ve been in this sort of PR situation many times, and the fact is you cannot give absolutes until you’ve completed design/build/test/review/approval, since so many things are subject to last-minute changes. And, let’s be honest, if ever there was a time for JWA to be meticulous about their design changes, and exhaustively test and refine, it’s now, since they’ve got the mobs with pitchforks right outside the castle walls. Further, most of the time, you can’t even give directional guidance; i.e. despite the “slow and progressive” language in the preamble, when @jorge says “soon be announcing changes,” we don’t know if that’ll mean the solution is to increase boosts, reduce boosts, or revert boosts and start over. And that’s just fine, because it isn’t a good idea to tease too much, only to anger an already angry user base when you have to deviate from the press release when you make the final decisions.

So, while it may seem like a frustrating non-announcement, it’s absolutely the right call for them to release this “hey, guys, we’re still here and working on a fix” message when they aren’t ready to commit to the exact changes.

10 Likes

This seems nearly identical to the last post about it lol. But I appreciate that it doesn’t seem to be swept under the rug yet.

I don’t even get how the game can get balanced again. Not because of a few boosts. But because of the day they were unlimited and exploited lol. Tired of saying that word! Get it over with xd

2 Likes

my question is: okay you “punish” some players who took advantage of the sales, but what happens to everyone else who bought hp/attack boosts daily when it was available?

I still say we remove them completely. And if that’s not possible limit how they’re used. Only so many tiers on Uniques and go from there. But 200 speed dinos is crazy!

3 Likes

Thank you for this update. I know it’s a tricky balance of over/undercommunication, so I appreciate the update.

Thanks. If the devs insist on this boost thing, it needs to be better planned… Not allow that much speed boost… and a start over is a must because of the purchase exploit.

4 Likes

Remove them…? No, unless I get reimbursed 5k dino cash. Had no idea it was an exploit when I bought it. Otherwise I would have dumped another 5k or more at that time.

I don’t want to be punished, and am pretty sure no one does.

6 Likes

No one really needs to be punished imho. But some people deserve to be compensated/rewarded.

Two words I really hate now because this game:

Compensated and Exploits

1 Like