[News] Jurassic World Alive | The Giganyx Rebalancing

Giganyx

Giganyx was set loose in the Jurassic World with update 2.16. The analytics on this creature are in, and its performance is not quite at the level intended. We’re modifying a few of its Abilities and Stats to allow this predator the power everyone expects.

Giganyx’s Fierce class makes them a high-risk, high-reward creature. Currently, however, their Fierce Rampage ability has not been dealing enough damage to make that reward happen in matchups against creatures of equal power. Therefore, we’re adding a Devouring attribute to Giganyx’s Rampage while also increasing their damage Stat. To give Giganyx more chances to deal significant damage with this Rampage, we’re also increasing its resistance to Distraction and its Health Stat.

Crushing Alert Showdown complexifies the ways you can use Giganyx to turn the tides of your battles. We’ve adjusted the threshold on this ability from 33% to 50% to make this ability a more effective tool.

Check out the specific changes below, and charge back into battle!

These changes will be available in game Wednesday, June 29th.

Abilities:

• Crushing Alert Showdown threshold increased from 33% to 50%.
  • Fierce Rampage becomes Fierce Devouring Rampage.

Attributes:

• Attack increased from 1550 to 1650.
  • Health increased from 4800 to 5100.

Resistances:

• Distraction Resistance: 0% to 50%
19 Likes

Giganyx is my most hated creature…

9 Likes

Giganyx was good, the problem wasnt it being “weak”, the problem is all those Busted dinos running around like Rexy or albertocevia, this Buff just feeds powercreep even more

53 Likes

50% distraction resistance? Crazy.

12 Likes

You know, there are creatures in bigger need of changes like buffing erlidom or nerfing rexy

49 Likes

What you really mean is that nobody bought the £100 incubator in the shop so you buff an already tyrant creature

59 Likes

We’ll have a newer version of Albertocevia/Rexy running around

5 Likes

Was this in an unboosted equal level environment or were boosts actually taken into consideration. Because the arena isn’t an equal level and there are creatures that might fall flat on their face in an equal environment but get significantly better when boosts are taken into consideration.

42 Likes

They do know that, but they wanna milk these busted dinos as much as they can, so they’ll just ignore those weaker or too strong ones

4 Likes

Wed june 9th of what year?

3 Likes

I guess we’ll get a “Nerf Giganyx” thread

7 Likes

one thing
this
wasn’t
needed
you’ve made a balanced unique beyond busted.
why do I keep having hope for this game

30 Likes

June 9th has already passed…

I’m assuming you mean Wednesday, June 29th (which is today) as it seems the changes are already live in-game.

28 Likes

Funny that you can buff a creature aswell mid patch, but you cant give us a single set of boost tokens that would allow us to use this creature.

Edit - Want to know the answer why giganyx is under performing devs, its because nobody has 30 free tokens to boost it.

39 Likes

Out of all things that need a buff or a nerf you decide to buff Giganyx? Wow, I’m disappointed. Sure it’s new and everyone is hyped for it but still, things like Ardent and Tryko are desperate for a buff and things like ACevia and Rexy (I’m sorry Rexy lovers) are in need of a nerf.

25 Likes

Cool, two Devour Attacks in one Creature :person_facepalming:
Basically he only needs to use the moves 4 3 1 3 all the time :joy:

another stupid idea. Congrats Ludia :person_facepalming:

20 Likes

I’ve also decided to not level giganyx and level tryo
why?
tryo is my favourite creature
if I look to history, won’t remain good for long

5 Likes

I like it, however I think its a bit too much. Anyway I don’t have any boosts, so by the time I can use it in my team it probably received a nerf.

1 Like

Tryo is my 2nd fav creature

2 Likes

Well, that’s what happens when you:

A) Lock the ingredient behind “exclusivity”
B) Don’t offer boost resets

The only way to get this creature to team level is through the store and even then people are running thin on boosts with 1-2 OP creatures every release. No one can keep up at this point.

31 Likes