Ludia Forums

[News] Jurassic World: The Game | Post Update 36 Changes

One way to give us some control over speed ups could be to let us buy time with coins. Let’s say one hour for 20mio coins. It sounds incredibly expensive but it must be a challenge for experienced players too. This would be almost useless for new players but at least they would know that they can use it some day.
A one hour discount could then be used everywhere where timer are applied to reduce the remaining time of one certain active timer.
To get one day we would have to spend 480mio coins which is even for an experienced player a challenging amount.
That could be a way to give coins a new purpose besides food production (no problem for experienced players) and buying mods (I don’t want to possess thousands of mods some day).
And it would be a new strategic element too, since there are so many items in the game with timers.
Just a guess.

6 Likes

Agreed! I have almost 80 beasts waiting in my market and no hatchery to put them in. Same goes for evolving, why increase the price of the 2nd chamber and totally do away with the third when many of us use the heck out of it?!!

3 Likes

@Jorge I appreciate the prompt response by Ludia and the try to fix some of the damage caused.

Nevertheless it is still hard to understand that you guys didn’t inform the community upfront about those changes. These aren’t just minor optimizations they’ve a huge impact. You can’t just sneak those changes in and expect the community to just eat it.
I understand that it’s a tough sell to make everybody accept Dino bucks reductions, but you should’ve tried and this huge uproar could’ve been prevented.

Do I also read that right that you’re experimenting on the production system to balance PvE’s in ratio to the rewards?
Well experiment failed! Just yet again mind boggling how you can even try such things. Rewards weren’t great before your experiment and now it’s just ridiculous, I’m not cooling down my best Aquatics twice for a Climate Shift Pack! Not gonna happen!

I hope you’ve your lessons learned @Ludia and you can be lucky as this disaster has shown that people still care about the game and were providing you a lot of feedback. So please start to make use of your own passionated community and do some survey’s upfront when you do changes. The majority doesn’t mind changes and you might have not noticed, but there’re some pretty experienced vets on your own in-house forum who could provide valuable feedback if asked.

I’ll monitor this from now on and will consider to re-subscribe my VIP, again I appreciate the efforts to correct the mishaps.

BTW I only had 1 custom trade after refresh, I hope I’m back to 3 soon.

4 Likes

To little to late vip canceld.
It is not worth it.
You should bring back the bucks in the pack and let us trade dinos for bucks at the harbor.
You are greedy and i cant enjoy the game the same way i did half a year ago

Well, if they dont fix this before the month is over, Im canceling my sub to VIP. Waste of money now that it’s no fun…

This was quick for them to address this issue.

1 Like

At least they are demonstrating that they are aware of the community responses and are listening. They may not be able to give us everything on our wishlist - it is a business that needs to make money afterall - but at least they show that they care what we have to say about the decisions made.
Don’t know if any of you have watched the Gaming Beaver’s scathing review, but I think he nailed it on the head around the 3-minute mark when he states that the decisions made for all these changes came from the “suits”, the “higher-ups”. I’m sure the creators of the game had little choice but to cater to those who hold the purse-strings sort-to-speak.
I think the decision to reverse some previous changes mean that they are fighting for us as much as they can with the “corporate stiffs”.
All-in-all, I am happy there was a swift response to address some concerns, and while there are other concerns, it’s a step in the right direction and I hope it continues that they maintain communication and as much transparency as possible with us going forward.

9 Likes

image I checked all four events for Saturday and Sunday they have increased the amount of battles to complete all four we will have to use 48 dinosaurs with out a loss if we lose the amount increases and in all the packs no Dino bucks maybe I miss understood that they were experimenting with the increase to give better rewards but there are no changes in the rewards looks like to me that they have only done half of what they said increase the amount of battles but no better rewards

2 Likes

You have overlooked that one of the events is cenezoic and I am sure that the VIP event will be aquatic. Furthermore you forgot one event.
My calculation says 27 dinosaurs, 15 cenezoics.(the hardest part from my point of view) and 15 aquatics.

2 Likes

There’s no way I’m trying that Dino Charge in the middle of a tournament, considering how often I lose those! At least the ceno and aquatic ones I am able to do without having to worry about falling behind in the tournament. Really frustrating when they dump all of these Golden Reward events on the days the tournament is busiest (and so few earlier in the week when its not going on). This is not what I consider “balance” at all!

3 Likes

I think we should not assume to win each available event always.
It is a fact that there are far more events available now as they used to be a year ago or so.
Let’s assume, I’m not sure, 1 year ago there were 2 events now there are 6. If I win 4 of them it is still more as it used to.
I believe to remember that when I started to play there were only 4 or 5 events in a week.

I understand that, and it’s my choice to decide whether or not to do them during a tournament, and avoid possibly having to pay for cooldowns (easier decision when the packs don’t even have DBs any more)… but it just isn’t reasonable to increase the number of rounds needed at the same time.

1 Like

On the flip side, just won a Common pack in the tournament… and got 100 DBs in it. So at least some packs other than the tournament prize still have DBs. For now at least (hope they don’t go and remove them from these too just by my pointing it out… sometimes I feel we can’t praise the things we like or they’ll go and take them away).

2 Likes

It is their way to tell us that we need more animals. To get them we most probably need bucks (or a lot of patience) and then there’s the main problem again.

2 Likes

I think it’s more just trying to get players to pay for more cooldowns (this makes more sense, because of the concurrent reduction in the free cooldown speedup). Regardless, it’s certainly NOT about making the game more “balanced” for players, but just more difficult so that they are forced to use DBs to complete events or to quickly hatch and evolve additional dinos.

1 Like

When I said 48 dinosaurs I had combined all three groups together to get that total from all four events

What one did I forget I only have four showing for Saturday and Sunday other than the tournament and when I said 48 dinosaurs I combined all three categories to get that total

I always complete every event every day including the daily missions out of the last four years I have done this the past year just my way of playing this game

This one is missing

OMG @Jorge thank you so much for this it will really help to revive the game after the previous mistakes that were made, now all you have to do is bring back cash in packs from battles and everyone will stop crying but I’m really glad you’re addressing this.