Happy Friday, Vikings!
We’ve read all your feedback on the latest updates and want to take the time to address your questions and concerns. We agree, the current Arena balancing clearly isn’t where it needs to be, and we’re aiming to have it greatly improved next week for the start of Season 3. We really want to make sure that the Thawfest Games remains competitive, and most importantly, fun to play!
So let’s dive right in!
- The win rates are not on par. The current win rate for Attacking Teams in the Arena is ±40%, while the win rate for Defense Teams is ±60%. We want to flip those percentages. It’s not fun to lose that often, and the “best” strategy shouldn’t be to let your Defense Team do the work.
- Defense Teams will be weaker in Season 3. Candidly, the Defense Team balancing has been tricky. Since you have a team of 5 Dragons versus 3 Dragons at a time AND you have the board, you have an inherent advantage over the opponent. We compensate by giving the Defense Team a stat buff, but obviously we made them too strong.
- Matchmaking will be easier in Season 3. Along with the Defense Team nerf, you’ll generally be matched with opponents that are weaker and/or have fewer Trophies. Keep in mind that matchmaking is less predictable at the start of a new Season since it’s based mostly on Trophy counts, but that tends to sort itself out quickly as the most competitive players climb the Path of Glory.
- Trophies will reset to 2,500 for players with 5,000+. This was already mentioned in the release notes, but we wanted to reiterate it here. The Arena isn’t as fun or rewarding if you’re stuck towards the top. This change is intended to improve competition and the matchmaking pool for top players, while also allowing them to collect the Path of Glory rewards again.
- Quicker Opponents reroll. We’re reducing the wait time for free opponent rerolls. So if you really don’t like three opponents in a row, a free reroll will be available by the time you do an Exploration/Quest/Alpha Battle and come back.
We also heard you loud and clear concerning the Duty Energy Reward change that just went live. While we believe this balancing makes sense when the Arena works as intended, it would have been better if we’d timed it with the start of Season 3. To help bridge the gap between now and then, gifts of appreciation will be arriving in your Terror-Mail soon!
As always, thank you for all the constructive feedback. Our team is working hard on the next update, which will include some important Breedery changes that are based on the comments we’ve seen here on the forum - yes, we’ll show you the odds!
Dragons: Titan Uprising Team