Ludia Forums

No Birthday Suits?

I’ve remained unboosted so far because I thought I’d get at least a couple throwback matches here and there. It seems the vast majority of players dove right back in, though.
I’ve only had one boost-nude match so far.
I’d like to keep my team au naturale for a while, but I don’t wanna keep losing because all my creatures are naked.
What is everyone’s experience in Gyro/Beach since the update?
Have you re-boosted?
Are you facing any boost-free opponents?

3 Likes

I’m still unboosted. I had a few unboosted or 1 dino slightly boosted matches in upper aviary yesterday

2 Likes

I did a few matches unboosted for nostalgia sake. Loved it until I ran into some scary Erli and Thors. Lol

1 Like

I’m still boost free. I had 2 unboosted matches tomorrow after the update went live. That’s it. Every battle since has had at least two or more boosted dinos - most the typical chumps, thor, erlidom, magna, etc…

1 Like

I’m loosing more than i would like nonboosted, but i’ll give it a while before i start. I want to make a specific dino before i go boosting things again.

2 Likes

I just had another one. Whole other team was 4 levels above me including rat but even then I was able to face them and win. This was actually a fun match and rat didn’t even drive me up the wall with frustration

5 Likes

I like it a little. I’m happy that I don’t have to fight Godzilla-level Thors and Dracoceratops. I’ve boosted my Touramoloch up, but I didn’t have enough to boost her attack to the thousands like before. She can withstand against Thors and Dracoceratops all day now that she can’t be stunned :heart_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Yea, my unboosted battle came about 4 hours after update. Since then, no more.
Kinda disappointed that more high-competitive players didn’t wanna play the old game for at least a lil bit :pensive:

2 Likes

I’m still unboosted and have only seen a handful of unboosted dinos in gyro. I’m about even to where I started, but I’m getting the itch to throw some boosts on.

1 Like

It is too had people don’t want to stop and enjoy the competitiveness. I want to start boosting too but it’s kinda fun not. Only reason is that without boosts the toughest strike towers may be too much for my low 20s team

3 Likes

I’m gettin the itch too lol

1 Like

@StoneCutter @Ardens Don’t do it! At least not until we see what ludia dose about all the negativity around them.

3 Likes

I really need to sit down and analyze my team and decide whether to bench anything, but I’m too lazy.

2 Likes

I don’t expect any change to the boost system at this point.

Supply drops and spawns on the other hand are likely to get fixed.

1 Like

I’m running into more teams that only have about half their strike team boosted. Most boosts are on Thor (no surprise there), Erli, Dip, and Rat.

I have run into more tanks than previously, which is a nice change.

1 Like

I’m not expecting much either. But a larger update is coming probably this year. I’ll be waiting until that one’s release notes are out before i make any creature upgrades.

1 Like

Like @StoneCutter said, I think this is the final iteration of boosts.

I’ve got my team figured, just gotta level Spyx closer to L30. Then it’s the allocation I need to worry about.

Yea, I’ve noticed a couple Trags running around, even a Stegod.
Nice to see people dusting them off :]

2 Likes

I feel like those that have rushed and pumped boosts into Thor and rat etc will sell themselves short in the long run and the bump they are getting isn’t as much. Those that are patient or cautiously boost will fair better as the meta changes. I’m hoping to get quetz this week and don’t want to fully invest boost until I have a couple of the uniques I am closing in on. Smilo being one

3 Likes